PDA

View Full Version : The Homecoming. (Open, not funny)

Sejah Haversh
Nov 20th, 2002, 01:14:59 AM
Depression ruled his mind just as bruises and contusions ruled his beaten and battered body. Sejah was not the same man as he had been before leaving on his trip back home. He felt broken, hurt, and unwanted. Loki had tried to cheer him up, but the damage was deep.

Idly he flipped over playing cards on the surface of the small table in the living space he shared with Dasquain, and Corin as well before he had gone missing. He played a single player game of Spet, a game that was his homeworld's equivalent of Poker. But the stylish decorations on the waxed cards had little effect on his hollow eyes. Soon he lost interest, but continued to play just to give his mind something to do. The mongoose didn't even feel he belonged in the walls of the order after what had happened, but he had nowhere else to go, and no money.

Alone. Though he might have friends in the Order, Sejah felt the pit of lonliness growing. He could never return home again for any reason, an d had nobeast to welcome him except his old master. He had not even been permitted to visit his mother's grave after learning that he had lost her to cancer less than a week before he arrived. A tear slowly seeped from the corner of his pink eye and rolled down his cheek and dropped onto the tabletop. He didn't bother to wipe it away, just continued to turn the cards over and play a game against himself.

Alcohol did no good, it only delayed pain, and venom was too expensive and he knew it would do even less good. He was so lost in his own empty thoughts that he didn't even realize he had left the door open, or hear someone enter. He just continued to look at his cards, and pretend he was in better times.

Oriadin
Nov 20th, 2002, 03:38:01 AM
Oriadin had been walking the halls of the living quarters on his way to the Jedi archives when he noticed Sejah's door had been left open. He peered inside and to his suprise, saw his very good friend. He hadnt realised he was back from his trip.

He was just about to charge in and greet him happily when a cold, numb feeling came over him. It was the sense he was feeling from Sejah. Oriadin looked closer and saw that his friend looked terribly upset. You could say down and out. What had happend to him?

He stood in the doorway and Sejah didnt even notice him. He seemed to be in some sort of day dream.

--Sejah? I didnt realise you were back. Is... is everything alright?--

Sejah Haversh
Nov 20th, 2002, 04:09:19 AM
The sound of Oriadin's voice startled Sejah out of his daydream, and the mongoose fubled the card in his paw, dropping it to the floor. In the motion to pick it up, he wiped away the trail of the tear that had streaked down his face, then winced slightly as he touched his healign balck eye.

Turning around, his heart sank when he saw who it was. He didn't want his friend to see him like he was, broken and disheartened. But there he was, Garfife seeming to spite his selfish wishes by having brought him there.

"He-, hello, Oriadin," was all Sejah could manage before swallowing and clearing his throat. "Got back last night." He avioded his friend's question for the moment, not even wanting to talk to anybody. But in the back of his mind he knew he had to, so he waved his friend in with a paw and pushed out a chair for him with a footpaw.

Oriadin
Nov 20th, 2002, 05:04:55 AM
Oriadin didnt look away from Sejah as he made his way over to the chair and sat down. The closer he got to the mongoose the more upset Oriadin felt and it was all emulating from Sejah. He could tell that Sejah found it difficult to talk, he obviously had a lump in his throat. Something terrible had happend.

Oriadin got the impression that Sejah didnt really want to speak to someone and that he seemd quite embarased that it was he who had found him like this, but they were friends and Oriadin would be there for him, no matter what. Thats what friends were for.

--Whats wrong Sejah?--

He seemed more pressing this time, asking outright. Oriadin felt Sejah needed his help and thought this was the best way to get what was wrong out of him.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 20th, 2002, 05:19:08 AM
At that moment Sejah wished he had the luxury of Amnesia that Oriadin did. It would be so much eaier to forget the past if you knew you had to leave it behind. Turning over the King of Diamonds, the mongoose looked blankly down at the table and sighed.

Laying two digits on the card, he huffed and slid it across the table, away from himself. "Tell me, Oriadin, tell me as a friend, what did you see when you looked at me before I left?" He still skirted the question, but would get to it in time. It was not one he could answer without some sort of lead-in to.

Oriadin
Nov 20th, 2002, 05:29:08 AM
Oriadin felt it was a strange way to get to telling him what the matter was, but he would go along with it anyway. He glanced down at the card Sejah pushed away from him as it caught his eye and then began to think of the question.

--I saw a genuine person, proud of who he was and a future Jedi. You were warm and friendly to all. Where is this leading?--

He looked back to Sejah with a slightly confused look on his face.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 20th, 2002, 05:40:55 AM
"A genuine person, proud of who he was..." Sejah echoed, then grew angry and spat, "I was proud. And my pride blinded me!"

His normally pink eyes flared red and he suddenly snarled and swept a paw across the table, dashing the cards all over the place. His jaws clenched and his hackles raised, the mongoose's fangs were visible as he growled, "If you only knew..."

Oriadin
Nov 20th, 2002, 05:46:42 AM
Oriadin was shocked to see Sejah spit and he almost jumped when he sent the cards flying. He seemed angry, no more than that. He was feeling rage by the looks of it.

--Calm down. Take a few deep breaths and settle. Be mindfull of your actions Sejah. Put your Jedi training to good use. Now, do you want to tell me whats made you so... angry? If you dont then I will understand but im your friend and you can talk to me. I want to help--

He spoke softly and soothingly to help try and calm the situation somewhat. He'd never seen Sejah act like this and it was somewhat frightning.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 20th, 2002, 05:59:52 AM
"Help?" Sejah asked as he pushed his chair out and stood up, turnign away from his friend. Then, as suddenly as he had swept aside the cards, he roared and grabbed the table and heaved it to the side, flipping it over, his voie caught in a full snarl, "What kind of help could you give?!"

He stared down his muzzle at Oriadin, snorting breaths through his nostrils as the table smashed against the kitchen counter wall and some of the cards floated down to the ground. His paws were tigtly clenched in claw-like grips, and his irises blazed a true blood red. For all the bruises and contusions he bore, he still cut a most threatening figure.

Oriadin
Nov 20th, 2002, 06:11:07 AM
Oriadin became very aware of what was goind on. Heightend senses alowed him to move clear of the table so it would hit him. A mean sort of look came across Oriadins face and one of complete concentraition. He stepped forward until he was eyeball to eyeball with Sejah.

He spoke quietly but sternly.

--Now you listen to me. This rage will get you nowhere. I dont know whats happend and I dont know what I can do to help but I sure as hell cant help you when your acting like this and if you dont tell me whats happend.--

He backed off and slammed two chairs fairly against the floor and placed them close together. Now, sit, calm down and talk.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 20th, 2002, 06:24:23 AM
Sejah's conscience thanked his friend for what he ws willignt o do for him, but the mongoose's emotions were still ruling his actions. Garfife had a playful nature when he created the Nehanties, and had given some of the qualities of their animal counterparts. Now, one of those qualities worked against him.

But still, he took the seat, and tried to calm himself, though the rage was strong, and his pains ran deep. A growl still on hsi words, he spoke in a quiter tone, trying to be civil, "You don't have to do this, Oriadin. You can leave if you want."

Oriadin
Nov 20th, 2002, 06:34:59 AM
Oriadin sat and shook his head.

--I dont want to leave. As a Jedi it is my job to help people and as a friend its my job to be there for you. Im not leaving, unless you really want me to. Just take deep breaths and in your own time, tell me calmly what happend to you.--

Oriadin extended an arm and put it on his friends shoulder and let out a sympathetic smile.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 25th, 2002, 02:02:34 AM
Sejah immidiatley ducked out of the hold Oriadin had laid on his shoulder. Not because he resented Oriadin's good nature, but because his friend had nearly touched a part of him still incredibly sore. Holding his paws up in defense, the mongoose had to take a few frenzied breaths before he could say anything.

"Calmly is not something I can do right now, Oriadin," Sejah warned, though it was more of admission than a warning. Taking his seat slowly, the mongoose made sure not to lean back against it, instead hunched slightly and resting an elbow on his thigh. "A lot had happened, and I don't expect you to understand most of it. You know I went home to a fencing tournament, and that Loki went with me, right? Good. Because now things get interesting.

"It wasn't a fencing tournament at all, it was a trap; laid out for me, of all beasts. Oh, it was televised and hyped up, and most all the other contestants thought it was real just as I did. But when I won, I lost everything. I wasn't supposed to come here, Or, I wasn't allowed to, but I ran and did so anyway. I'm second to the lowest class there is where I come from, to be a Jedi is to insult all upper classes because now I can have something they can't. Parliment hated me, hated that a low-born could rise above the level of a noble outside my own world. So, they let me be for a while, and scheemed.

"I was made an example to all who would challenge their place. My mother died only days before I arrived, she died of cancer and I was forbidden to even see her grave. Then, at the tournament, I was matched against dishonorable opponents until the second to last day. That night, my master's school, the place where I had grown up, the place where I had lived, was burned to the ground. My rage fueled me to take first the next day, but then the truth was exposed to me. I was captured, imprisoned and tortured on live television to show the world what happens to traitors. For four days they beat me, ridiculed me, and took away any kind of honor I ever had.

"Had it not been for Loki's courage, and my 'friend' Bhen's connections, I'd probably be dead by now. We escaped, but I was excommunicate from my world. I can't call myself a Nehantite now, I can never see my home again, or teach in the school where I myself learned. It's gone, Oriadin, it's all gone." He broke off, his voice too pained to carry on.

Oriadin
Nov 25th, 2002, 03:41:26 AM
Oriadin was stunned and his face showed it. It was a face of complete confusion and perhaps some disgust that they could to that to one of thier own people. The Padawan was fully aware of what his home world meant to him and to not even be allowed to see his own mothers grave, would be unimaginable.

On top of all that, they had burnt down his old Masters school. The one place that Sejah had felt at ease with himself. The place that had managed to sort out his life and develope him into the warm, friendly being he is today. Although Oriadin could not entierly feel the pain, he could understand what he must have been going through. Sejah had always spoken so highly of his past. He really didnt know what to say, or indeed if there was anything he could say to make him feel any better.

--Sejah, I dont know if there is anything I can say that is going to make you feel any better. You must be feeling pretty terrible right now. Your mind has to be at peace though. Whats done is done and cant be taken back. Take what has happend to you and learn from it. It does not help to dwell in the past. You are a noble man, maybe not to your home plannet but to the people you help, to the people you save and to your friends. Which, at the Jedi Order, you have many. Loki's courage reflects how he reguards you. Its going to take time for you to get over this but dont give up hope. You will return to your homeworld and people will treat you with the respect you, and everyone else deserves, no matter their class. Maybe, the day will come when your people will need you.--

Oriain crouched down in front of Sejah who was still sitting on the chair and looked him in the eye.

--You will always have friends here for support if you need anything. ANYTHING--

Sejah Haversh
Nov 25th, 2002, 03:59:38 AM
"You would help me with anything?" Sejah echoed darkly. "Then help me forget." he added, his voice suddenly becoming more hollow.

Standing up, he paced over to the kitchen and pulled a bottle of whiskey from the cabinet, then two glasses as well. Pressing one glass into Oriadin's hand, he uncapped the whiskey and poured a liberal amount into the glass, then some into his own.

"To Nehantite equality," he nearly spat his words before swigging down the contents of his glass, then pouring anothe inch or so into the bottom of it again. "Come on, drink up, pal."

Oriadin
Nov 25th, 2002, 04:11:37 AM
A slightly concered look overcame Oriadins face. Alcohol was a depressant and would not make his friend feel any better. Sejah was lost, hurt emotionally as well as physically and all he wanted to do was forgett about what had happend.

--Slow down mate. There is no need to take it down like that. Your angry and upset. You should not be taking any action when feeling like that. Its dangerous. You need to focus on whats important right now.--

Oriadin took the bottle from Sejah.

--Now, if you want we can have a quiet drink together but im not going to let you do this to yourself. Please. Why not take a few minutes, wash your face, take a few deep breaths and calm down. Meditate if you want to.--

Sejah Haversh
Nov 26th, 2002, 02:12:21 AM
"Calm isn't something I think I can do right now, Or," Sejah grumbled, pacing in his tense condition.

His bags still lay on his bed, and his swords were not yet hung up, but had been haphazardly tossed atop them. Nothing about Sejah even suggested the familiar order he had before. Everything in a a place so he didn't lose it, or make a fool of himself. But that was a foregone habit at the moment, he had been made more than a fool, and even he was beginning to believe soem of the things they had said about him.

His pink eyes pained, he turned back to Oriadin and asked, "What do I do, Or? It's all gone, everything I worked for, everything I am, gone. I envy your amnesia, Oriadin; I wish I could forget it all and move on as if it didn't happen, but I can't. My past, my life is important to me. You have no idea what I went through, the struggles I had to make it as an honorable beast there my whole life! It wasn't frelling easy! I devoted my life to helping others learn old traditions, to think honestly for themselves, and to be good beasts of honor and dignity! And now I'm the symbol of everythign I stood against to them!" He was practically yelling, though his voice was scratchy and tired. "It's not fair! It's not-" he heaved a sigh and sat on the foot of his bed, "...not fair...."

Oriadin
Nov 26th, 2002, 03:50:53 AM
Oriadin nodded, signifying he understood why this was hard for Sejah. He had a sympathetic look on his face and was struggling to think of something to say that could make any impact.

--I know how important your past is to you and how fond you were of your life. Whenever you told me stories you always seemed so happy and greatfull.--

Oriadin sat down beside him.

--I know, that everything youve worked for has gone in the blink of an eye. Its got to be tough and not remembering if ive ever gone through anything like that, I wont presume to know what thats like.

I guess it comes down to a simple choice really. Get busy living, or get busy dieing. You can either mope around, getting angry at everything and everyone and feel sorry for yourself and just waste away.

Or, you can stand back up, take the slap in the face and show them that it takes a lot more than that to beat you. Look what you have built up already at the Jedi Order. The friends youve made and the lives youve saved. Make a stand against it, dont let them beat you. Show them that you are above them morally and that you dont need things such as revenge.

When a person dies, if they can look back on their life and say they did the best they could do. Made the best choices they could have made and been the best person they could have been, that is when you know youve done a good job. At the end of the day, you only have to live with yourself. You need to make the choice of whether or not you will let this get to you. Or whether you take it, deal with it and learn from it.

I think I know you quite well. Your kind, peacefull, brave and a good friend. Just be yourself.--

Sejah Haversh
Nov 28th, 2002, 03:02:31 AM
"But I'm not myself anymore, Or," Sejah sighed. "I can't forget everything just as I can't tell you to remember your past."

That seemed an insult, so he quickly changed gears. "Whatever deeds I do will be distorted by my homeworld's press. If I become of note, I will go down in infamy to my own kind. This is a great damage, Oriadin, and it is not confined to what is just best for me. It was not my idea to leave home in the first place, but I did make it here out of choice. I wanted to show those of the lower classes that they should not be repressed. Now I have only helped to enforce that repression. I'm not doing any good here."

Seated agan, he leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. As he did so, wet blood became visible through the back of his shirt, and a dampness near his left shoulderblade. "But I'll try, Oriadin, I just need some time. The life I had is evidently not the one Garfife wishes for me, and though he has done many things I have not cared for, I'm sure he still knows best," he nodded to himself as he finished.

Oriadin
Nov 28th, 2002, 03:33:42 AM
--You'll find that no body's life is what they expected it to be. We all have dreams from when we were children and Ive never met a single person that grew up into that dream. I know its hard but perhaps you need to let go of your home plannet. I know its got to be difficult and its so much easier said than done but you need to put this behind you. Attachment is forbidden. This may seem like a horrible thing to say but you cant let the feelings of your people get in the way of the important work, we as Jedi have to do. We serve a higher purpose now my friend.--

Oriadin looked at the blood now visible on his friends shirt.

--Sejah, perhaps you should get these wounds seen to. They are showing throug the back of your shirt.--

He said it softly, hoping not to embarass his friend at all.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 28th, 2002, 03:41:33 AM
Sejah tried to look back over his own shoulder, but simply gave up. Rising to a stand, he said, "No, they have to heal on their own."

With that, he pulled the shirt off over his head and tossed it over into his alundry basket. It was then when the damage was truly visible. His back was latticed with cuts and lash marks from both whips and blades. Numerous bruises covered his upper body, and a few burn marks were etched into his fur. But the most ovious of them was an oval-ringed design that had been burned into the flesh on his shoulderblade with a red-hot iron brand. It was the mark of exile, of absolute worthlessness. As he went to pull his robe from his dresser, Sejah could feel that Oriadin was looking at him. He paused to let his friend satisfy his morbid curiosity, then pulled his light robe around his shoulders and tied the cord about his waist, saying nothing further.

Oriadin
Nov 28th, 2002, 03:47:50 AM
--What they've done to you isnt right Sejah. These scars are... horrific. Nobody should be treated like this whether they are rich, poor, Jedi or other. Maybe you should inform the council. If their acts are interfeiring with your work then maybe they could send someone to 'have a word'?--

Oriadin made no attempt to hide the fact that he saw Sejah's scars. He had a look of almost disgust at the sight. He couldnt understand how anyone could do this to another living being. There was already enough pain and suffering in the Galaxy.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 28th, 2002, 03:53:23 AM
"No!" Sejah shouted desperately as he spun to face Oriadin. "No, the Council cannot interviene. This is a private matter, not of their concern. I will deal with it in time, Oriadin, but you must promise me you won't tell the council."

His gaze, though fearful, was resolute. Sejah didn't wish the incident becoming known, or his race portrayed in a bad light. Though they had wronged him, he still had too much honor to wrong them in return.

Oriadin
Nov 28th, 2002, 03:59:29 AM
Oriadin jumped slightly as Sejah quickly turned around to shout 'no!'. Now it was decision time. The more Sejah spoke about the subject, and given the scars he had just seen, the more Oriadin thought it would be wise to inform the council. Sejah was his best friend though and he knew the situation better than anyone. What was the best thing to do?

--Sejah, I will not inform the council of this matter, for now! If this becomes any more serious than it already is then I may be forced into saying something.--

Oriadin stopped and thought for a moment.

--What if I went to have a word with them? Just a discussion and no more?--

Sejah Haversh
Nov 28th, 2002, 04:04:47 AM
His heart raced in his chest, and a wash of fear came over Sejah as Oriadin spoke. Pulling his muzzle as he thought, he then shook his head.

"No, Oriadin. This matter does not concern them. It only concerns me. It is a personal problem, and that is all. I beg you not to go to them, it would only cause further pain." He pleaded.

Oriadin
Nov 28th, 2002, 04:09:24 AM
Oriadin got a sense of desperation in Sejah's voice.

--I wont do anything without first consulting you of course. If you dont want me to go then of course, I wont. I just dont see how a talk with the people from your plannet can do any harm. Explain to them why you are so important and try to reason with them. There seems to be a huge amount of fear of the leaders in your home world which isnt right.--

Sejah Haversh
Nov 28th, 2002, 04:19:30 AM
"Nehantish it not a modern world, Oriadin. We should not be in space yet, nor should we know that other races exist. That should ahve been hundreds of years form now. This age was dropped upon us unwanted, and we have had to deal with it.

"A hundred years ago, my world was still a feuding collection of countries and kingdoms. IT was through a brutal and bloody war that the curtrent Sultan's family won out, and a peace came upon us. Technology prospered, and great cities were expanded. But, it was still a kingdom, and we had not progressed beyond that lifestyle yet. So the classes remained as a way to keep us stable and secure, otherwise we would have been ripped apart. It wrongs many, but it keeps many more secure.

"If you were to challenge that, especially with the weight of the council, you could lead my planet into another civil war, and kill hundreds of thousands, if not millions." Sejah explained, though it even seemed to him as a cover story.

"I may not like it, but I have accepted their judgement. It wasn't my place there to want more than I was."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 28th, 2002, 05:45:05 AM
"It is interesting what you hear and sense when your standing in the corner. I had been wondering where you had gotten to, Padawan Haversh"

The voice, coming from a corner where the Jedi Warlord had somehow appeared from - even more confusing, how long had he been there - would almost have been a physical shock, it was so unexpected. Marcus moved away from his corner, moving deftly around a chair before sitting on it. He was wearing a black military uniform, cape and the most reflective set of eye shades imaginable.

"Please, take a seat both of you". There was no mistaking the polite voice was not making a request. "To satisfy one question that you might be wondering, I sensed my Padawan as I was walking past. while you were speaking, I let myself in, for I sensed I should listen and not interrupt"

Oriadin
Nov 28th, 2002, 06:05:43 AM
Oriadins jaw dropped at the sight of Marcus. What the??? How the??? Nevermind. Just do as he says he thought to himself. Oriadin pulled a chair in close and sat on it. Eyes fixated on the Jedi Master. Now Oriadins head was filled with many thoughts. Not just of Sejah but of Helenias's vision too. Seeing Marcus with these eye shades made his heart race a little and bring him out in a cold sweat.

Helenias wasnt kidding when she feared the events she had seen had already begun falling into place.

--Marcus!-- he said startled

Sejah Haversh
Nov 29th, 2002, 06:03:14 PM
It would be a flat lie to say that Sejah didn't mind his master had been hiding and eavesdropping in his conversation with Oriadin. He had been out of line, angry, and had poor judgement, three things that he normally strove to keep away from.

Sittign as well for he knew he had better not argue, he looked at the mirrored eye shades MArcus wore. "I'm sure it might be interesting," Sejah replied to him, though his voice was less than friendly, "But I prefer honesty over espionage." His paws gripped his knees as he leaned on his arms in an effort not to touch his back to the chair. It was bad enough that he had blown up in front of Oriadin, but to also have done so before his master was sure to land him in trouble.

"And I told you where I was going, and that I would be gone for just over three weeks, Master Q'Dunn. When did you come in just now?" It was a bold question to ask, but Sejah was not feeling particularily easygoing at the moment. If he was going to get in trouble, it would at least be for a good reason.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 29th, 2002, 06:48:44 PM
"Do not presume to question me Padawan and nor The Force when it is your guide. Did you hear what I said? I sensed you here and I sensed I should remain quiet. You might question what The Force has for you, but I long ago stopped that questioning and allowed it to guide my footsteps and actions."

The voice was still quiet, but it was cooler in tone. "Odd you should say that you told me you were going. I have no recollection of this. Might I ask just how and when you did so?"

Sejah Haversh
Nov 29th, 2002, 08:22:03 PM
"Almost four weeks ago, Master Q'Dunn. I recorded a holo and gave it to you. I thought you had okayed it, seeing as you never said no or anythign like that," Sejah replied, slightly confused as to why Marcus would act as if he never requested time to go.

(OOC- Does that work better?)

Oriadin
Nov 30th, 2002, 05:10:25 PM
Oriadin sat silent next to his friend Sejah not really knowing what to do or say. For now, shutting up was probably the best option. There was an air of tention in the room he thought. Oriadin did not want Sejah to land in any trouble but he felt that was dependant on how long Marcus had been in the room. Sejah's best behaviour was certainly not on show today. It was for understandable reasons but he was training to be a Jedi. One on top of their emotions.

Oriadin felt nervous but confident that Marcus would not be too hard on Sejah, but then, how well did he know Marcus, and for that matter, how well did anyone know him?

For now, he sat back in his chair in silence. In a way, it was almost like a headmaster had pulled two school boys into his office for a good talking too.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 30th, 2002, 06:05:00 PM
OOC-Marcus, we never did discuss it IC, we just chatted via IM and you said okay, so I presumed I didn't need to make a thread just for his request. I thought it would jsut be one of those things that was agreed upon and didn't need to be written

OOC - Yes, I know. But IC and OOC are different. Can you please just say you sent the request via holo? I have a specific reason why I want that and why I'm IC :huh to Sejah's request.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:47:40 AM
Marcus' demeanor changed - it softened and grew much, much gentler.

"Oh. Well..... Then no, I would never have got it. Not only was I away... I cant read anything. I'm blind"

Sejah Haversh
Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:59:18 AM
Sejah stopped for a moment, then replied, "That would explain the sunglasses."

He didn't ask how or what had occurred to cause his master's blindness, mainly becuase he didn't want Marcus prying into what happened on Nehantish. "I went home to Nehantish, I had been invited to a very important fencing competiton. I won. Loki went with me."

Oriadin
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:56:03 PM
Oriadins eyes glanced over at his friend for a moment then he looked back to the Jedi Master Marcus. Oriadin knew that Sejah really didnt want to tell Marcus everything, hell, he didnt even want to tell HIM everything. He had to work hard to get it out of him. The question was, how much did Marcus already know and how long had he been in the room.

The subject of the 'sunglasses' brought Oriadin out in a cold sweat for a few seconds. Again thinking back to Helenias's profecy.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 6th, 2002, 02:13:54 AM
"Yeah, it must have been important. I can sense the pain your in right now. Very important for what you do next Padawan"

There was intent in the Master's words - a qestioning.

Sejah Haversh
Dec 6th, 2002, 02:25:22 AM
"What's that?" Sejah asked, though a lot of his attitude dissipating. The mongoose leaned forward and ran a paw through his headfur to give him something to keep his mind on for the moment. "What is it that I'll be doing next, Master Q'Dunn?"

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 6th, 2002, 02:28:17 AM
"Whether you prove yourself a Nehantite or a Jedi. Your path is now before you. Now you choose - do so wisely"

Sejah Haversh
Dec 6th, 2002, 02:31:45 AM
"I won't sacrifice one for the sake of the other. I am a Nehantite, and I will not set that aside, Master Q'Dunn." he replied firmly.

"Though my people have refused me, I am still who I am, and will continue to be so for it should benefit me as a Jedi. Don't worry, Master, I am still devoted to the Jedi by my choice, but remember that I am Nehantite by birth."

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 6th, 2002, 02:39:20 AM
"You missed my meaning... but not by much. To be a Nehantite would have meant to have given in and not said what you just did. And while what you have done I would not have advised... I have pride you have chosen Jedi. You are changing, Padawan and truly learning"

Sejah Haversh
Dec 6th, 2002, 02:43:08 AM
Sejah could only hang his head, half in shame, and half in pride.

"Thank you, Master Q'Dunn, your words mean much to me. But, I hope you are not angry with me for what happened." He said, then pursing his lips in nervous embarassment.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 6th, 2002, 02:57:16 AM
"Angry? No. Only angry will I be if you repeat mistakes. A mistake is tolerated and expected. An error however is not - an eror is when you refuse to correct your mistake"

Sejah Haversh
Dec 6th, 2002, 03:08:08 AM
"It was no mistake, Master Q'Dunn," Sejah suddenly challenged, lookign up again.

"If I had to do it again, knowing what would happen, I would not change a thing. I suffered so that others might not. I took blame that would have been otherwise been directed to those who did not deserve it. My pain brought peace to others. There was no mistake, Master Q'Dunn"

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 8th, 2002, 12:48:14 AM
"Oh, so you think the outcome justifies what happened to you? I dont need eyes to feel what that you have been wounded badly. I dont need eyes to read what is on your face, what you give away via your sense. There were other ways, other methods to achieve the ends you now state are good. "

Sejah Haversh
Dec 8th, 2002, 01:02:19 AM
"Marcus," Sejah spoke testily, actually using his master's name instead of Master Q'Dunn, "I know from your perspective there would be other ways, but I am alive, and I will heal. I justify my own honor, nobody else can do that."

Getting up out of his chair, the mongoose paced across the room and continued, "I know we don't live in a Machiavellian world, Master Q'Dunn, but in my case it worked. You hardly know me; what could you know of my kind and how we live? There are larger things at stake here than me, so can we just drop this?"

Oriadin
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:51:05 AM
For some time now Oriadin had sat still and simply listend. There was a definate difference of opinion between Sejah and his master, Marcus Q'Dunn. What had happend was to Sejah was terrible and not really knowing of his home world it was hard for him to understand, as it was for Marcus by the looks of it.

Finally, Oriadin broke his silence. He stood up and glanced first at Marcus, with a thoughtfull look, and then Sejah.

--If I may say something.--

He said as he cleared his throat.

--Marcus, it seems that neither you nor I really understand the workings of Sejahs home world. There is a good chance that he knows exactly what action to take. He knows the consequences of his actions.

I was concerned for my friend when I came to see him. He seemed angry and distort and perhaps somewhat confused. I was worried that he may rush into doing something stupid as a result of the actions taken against him. Although he was aware of the consequences of his actions, his emotions were also running riot within him and that is where the problem resides at the moment.

Sejah is my friend, and I want to help him, but I want to help him do the right thing.--

He glanced at the two of them once again as he fell quiet again.

Sejah Haversh
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:31:59 AM
"If you guys want to help me, leave me alone. I don't want to talk to anybody right now, and if you press this, you're not going to like it, okay?" Sejah snapped, growing tense at the whole thing.

His table still lay upturned, and the cards remained scattered across the floor, not to mention that he himself looked a physical wreck. What he asked, they probably would not give them, but his pride had been so badly injured that he didn't want to risk breaking it even more.

Laying his head on a paw, Sejah exhaled an angered sigh and left it there, not looking at either of them.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:59:12 AM
If only they knew. If only they knew the boy in the desert. Being born as a second class grunt. A servant to evil.

If only they really knew. But he wasn't goign to tell them, not now. Maybe another day.

"Have it your own way" he said instead, getting up. "I've lived longer than both of you combined twice over. I may just well know, but if your not going to listen or accept that I may actually know something more.... then there is nothing more I can say. Good night."

He did have one more thing to say as he began to leave however.

"Haversh, if you dont swallow your pride, either it's going to to get you killed or your going to have more of this. Now , you had better learn there are times when pride and good face has nothign to do with beign a Jedi. Now, no matter what you think and feel, yur goign to the medical section within the hour. You will be there tomorrow morning and I expect the droids to be attending your wounds. Your pride and your face saving has no place if you really want to be a Jedi Knight. A pity really... I was just wondering if the Council would see it fit to trial you. Obvously that is not the case. Good night to you both"

Oriadin
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:34:21 AM
Oriadins face saddend as the wise and powerfull Jedi Knight left. He was right about Sejah's pride and he felt Sejah knew it too. There was a silece and fell within the room now. Oriadin looked down towards the floor. This conversation had been very bitter. Not at all sweet. At last, the silence was broken.

--Sejah. Im not really sure if there is anything I can say that will perhaps help you, or at least ease the pain. Just know that there are people here that look out for you and care for you.

Im sorry for what has happend to you, I trully am but Marcus is right. You have to let go of your pride and decide if being a Jedi is really what you want. Think things out and follow what your head is telling you, not your heart.

If you want me to leave you alone now, then I will. I am, and always will be your friend. Remember that.--

And then he just stood there. Looking around the room with the upturned table and a low feeling being, stood before him.

Sejah Haversh
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:39:17 AM
Marcus was right, and he was wrong as well. Sejah was too proud, but if he allowed himself to let go of what remained of his honor, he would be nothing.

"Thank you, Oraidin," he finally replied, his voice raw with emotion, "It is good to know I still have a friend like you."

With a forlorn movement, the mongoose pushed his chair aside and crossed the room to shut his door after Marcus had left. Leaning against the doorframe, he sighed and spoke, though mostly to himself. "Why do things like this have to happen? I just shot myself in the footpaw, there." Turning back to Oriadin, he continued, "I know he means well, but, he doesn't take into account that I might know exactly what he's saying; I just choose to go about it differently. This does not affect me as a Jedi, Or, only as a Nehantite. I just, oh, nevermind. I better do as Marcus says before I get even more on his bad side."

Crossing back through the room, Sejah pulled open his suitcase and fished a new set of clothes out before looking back to his friend. "I'm sorry, Oriadin. I should have acted better."

With that, he turned on his sneaker-encased footpaw and headed back to the door, openign it and heading down the hallway.