PDA

View Full Version : Pada-con (Only Padawans allowed)

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 19th, 2002, 05:47:03 PM
It had taken Wei a lot of work, but he managed to get the Bar and Grill to let him hold an event there for free. Wei had been busy all day, but at last, the preparations were complete.

"Finally!" Wei crowed. "The 1st annual Pada-con. Made by padawans for padwans to talk about padawan issues and do Padawan things."

Wei liked it when he got ideas.

Kyle Krogen
Nov 19th, 2002, 05:56:00 PM
Kyle had heard that Wei was holding a event called a pada-con that was for jedi padawan only

Kyle entered and left his saber with a guard at the door and walked over to wei "Hello wei" Kyle said with a warm smile.

Rognan Dar
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:06:15 PM
Rognan heard about this pada-con for padawans, he liked the idea but didn't know how it work so he went to see what it all was about.

Rognan entered the B@G, he had no weapons so he just walked in. He saw Wei talking with someone he hadn't seen before. This was going to be a great time to meet new people that were in the same thing he was in.

"Hello Wei, and may I present myself. I am Rognan Dar." He said to the new face. "May I ask what your name is?"

Sejah Haversh
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:12:56 PM
Pada-con? Was Wei's spelling possibly worse than his own? It should be padawan, Sejah thought as he stumbled over the words on his invitation.

Apparently it was going to be held in the B&G, so it should be informal, whatever it was. Combing out his headfur and brushing his teeth, the mongoose then abandoned his bare-footpawed ways for a pair of sneakers he had picked up on his ill-faded journey home and went out the door. Corin hadn't been around for ages, and Dasquain was constantly going out at odd hours, so he gave up on leaving notes for them telling where he could be found.

Then it was across the busy street to Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill to see if he could find Wei and ask what RSVP meant, it was no word he had ever read before.

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:37:55 PM
Lilya entered the bar and grill, invitation in hand. She pushed back the hood of her cloak, blue eyes lighting up as she looked around, blonde ringlets spilling down over her shoulders. She pushed a few stray locks behind her pointed ears and walked lightly over to Wei. He was standing with some others she didn't know.

Quickly brushing her hands over her white gown and smiled at the others,
"Vedui' il'er. So, what have you planned for us, Sir Wei?"

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Nov 19th, 2002, 07:40:14 PM
Jackson Had gotten the invitation to this Pada-con, but had no clue what it would have in store. So he went in a bit of a curious mood to this Padwan thing.

Jackson entered the Bar and saw many people he did not know but they all looked like very nice. Jackson at that point wish he had his brothers innate ability to read people but he didn't. Jackson had been granted with the force and his twin had not but did get special innate abilities.

Jackson was a very average looking man about 6'0 and 170lb. His hair was parted and his face was freshly shaven. He wore a long sleeve red shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He also had on tan pants and wore long old style military boots (civil war style). He always had a smile on his face and never a fake one.

" Hello everyone is this the pada-con?"

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 19th, 2002, 09:38:53 PM
"This is the Padawan Convention, or as it is affectionately referred to, Pada-con! I figured it might be fun for all of us Padawans to get together and just hang out! And no Knights or Masters around to tell us or correct us. We can talk about how we see the Jedi code, which Knights and Masters are the best teachers, how on earth do you get the lightsaber to do that wierd little thing that looks really cool but no one knows exactly what it is, anything and everything you might want to talk about."

Wei let out what little breath he had and took another lungful of air. "And we can tell Sith jokes, war stories and the like, and just flat out get to know each other."

WEi held back laughter. "And now, the Pada-con begins! Refreshments and stuff are free!"

Wei floated over a few cans of drinks. There were all sorts of drinks-Nehi, Orange, Various citrus-type sodas, Pepsi and the like.

"Take one, and I dare you to do it without using your hands!"

Sejah Haversh
Nov 19th, 2002, 10:00:42 PM
Sejah simply smiled and grabbed a bottle of Nehi out of the air, uncappign it with the edge of the table before taking a swig. Grinning, he said, "Good thing I have paws, then."

So it was to be a sort of a hang-out, a get together of sorts. Okay, he was cool with that. Taking a seat, Sejah waved hello to everyone, and just in case there was somebody who didn't know him, he announced, "Hello, everyone, hello, Wei. I'm Sejah, for those of you who might not know me. My master is Marcus Q'Dunn. Good to meet you all."

Oriadin
Nov 20th, 2002, 03:51:22 AM
Oriadin had arrived just in time to hear Wei's quick speach on what Pada-con was. Sounded like a great idea. Rather than take one of the drinks that were being handed around he took his usual ice water from the bar. He nodded to Sejah as he introduced himself, as he was really the only one Oriadin had met properly. He know of all the other padawans though. He waited for Sejah to finish talking before adressing the group.

--I dont know many of you, just Sejah oh, and you Kyle. Didnt see you there. Maybe it would be a good idea if we all introduced ourselves like Sejah has.

My name is Oriadin and Im padawan to Helenias Q'Dunn. Been at the order for some time now and things are going pretty well.--

As they spoke the group formed a circle. Oriadin looked to the person stood next to him, implying that they should introduce themself.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 20th, 2002, 09:18:06 AM
"My name is Wei Wu Wei and I am learning under Navaria Tarkin."

Wei looked about the group. He knew them all, but still, a recitation of your name and teacher was cool to him.

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 20th, 2002, 09:40:03 AM
Lilya smiled softly, blushing a little.
"My name is Lilya Goldberry, and Lady Dawnstrider is my teacher."

Kyle Krogen
Nov 20th, 2002, 01:49:00 PM
"My name is Kyle Krogen I'm training under Chance" Kyle said with a smile

Kyle flouted a soda over to where he stood he also opened it without touching it

Kyle grabed it out of they air and took a long swig "Mmmm yummy."

Rognan Dar
Nov 20th, 2002, 02:01:23 PM
Rognan looked around and saw that he was next.

"Me name is Rognan Dar, Maia Tharrinn was my master but I have changed to Ki Adi Kindo, he is my master now." Rognan said as he looked for a glass of water. He always drank water as long as there was some. He went to the counter, found a glass and pourd some water into it.

Nov 20th, 2002, 02:04:25 PM
Jackson didn't grabanything to drink but did dicide to introduce himself.

" My names Jackson Mcgraves and I'm a masterless padawan at this point."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 20th, 2002, 03:08:17 PM
Wei nodded. "I hear we have a lot of those," he said to Jackson. "Well, pal, s ince you are here at the Pada-con you can go around and talk to padawans with teachers and find one that you think you might like to learn under. I'm sure everyone here could give you a good idea about their Master's teaching styles."

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 20th, 2002, 03:25:59 PM
Quietly, Loki entered the familiar establishment making sure he hadn't been seen as a late arrival. How embarrassing that would be; like being back at school when every head would turn when the door whooshed open and you creep into class five minutes late. Many faces were new to him, some he remembered in passing and their were others with which he was very familiar. Sejah and Oriadin were two of those friendly faces. Entering the mass of people it appeared it was his turn to introduce himself, he was already standing so he cleared his throat.

"Good morning. I am Loki Ahmrah, Padawan Learner to Master Anbira Hicchoru." He looked to his two friends present and smiled with acknowledgement. "At eleven years old, I have been studying the ways of the Jedi for three years here at this order. There are many of you here today whom I am unnacquainted with currently. By the end of the day, I hope to remedy that."

With a side glance he spotted a seat free and quietly regressed from his introduction, a bottle of pineapple nehi gently landing on his table as he did so.

Kyle Krogen
Nov 20th, 2002, 07:15:43 PM
"Hello Loki" Kyle reapeated what he had said earlyer so that Loki would know who he was.

Oriadin
Nov 21st, 2002, 07:41:17 AM
Oriadin nodded in turn to each of the padawans as they introduced themselves one by one. Loki was here too. Oriadin thought it was funny thet he hadnt seem him either as he arrived but it was good to see him again. A short uncomfortable silence overcame the group, which was common amoung a group of strangers.

--Well, Id like to say a big thanks to Wei for organising this get together. Its obvious that many of us dont know each other that well so hopefully this will help bring us a little closer together.--

He raised his ice water to about eye level

--To Wei!--

Kyle Krogen
Nov 21st, 2002, 11:52:10 AM
"To Wei" Kyle said along with Oriadin raising his drink.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:39:52 PM
"Yes, thank you Wei." Declared the young boy, raising his unopened bottle of Nehi in thanks. Then resumed fiddling with the cap until he lost patience and smacked it against the edge of the table. With a "pop" the bottle top came loose. Success.

"Ok." Loki said after taking a decent swig of Nehi. "To get the ball rolling. How about we discuss our latest training sessions? What have you been studying lately? Are you having any difficulties with it? Are the lessons enjoyable or would you rather be working on something else?"

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 21st, 2002, 01:02:15 PM
Wei's face tinged red. "Ah, guys, the Pada-con was nothing, really. It just sort of came to me."

Wei smiled. "Well, I've been brushing up on some things I felt I was weak in. Like Illusions and sensing other people's intentions. I've more or less gotten the basics, but I'm afraid I'm still a beginner at both of them. My specialty is Force boosting my physical attributes."

Rognan Dar
Nov 21st, 2002, 05:09:10 PM
Rognan took a drink of his water. "Well, my training hasn't started yet, so I can't say what is hard or not and what I like or not. But so far it was been great, but I think it will get a lot harder to tell the truth."

Oriadin
Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:42:55 AM
He listened to everyone as they spoke until a break came, allowing Oriadin to speak.

--My training has been a little slow as of late. My Master, Helenias is very busy, especially since she works in the Senate now. I have begun work on Telepathy which is something Im not very good at so it should be interesting. Ive also been working on building my own lightsaber. Its not as easy as it sounds!--

He ended with a smile.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:47:46 AM
Pulling a swig from his Nehi, Sejah leaned back and took his turn next.

"I've most recently been working on sensing feelings and danger, though I'm nto terribly good at it. Master Q'Dunn is a good teacher, if you can understand what he's getting at."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:34:14 AM
Wei nodded. "I understand both of you perfectly, Oriadin, Sejah."

Wei chuckled. "Not everything in the Force can really be explained. And sometimes it makes using the Force all the more difficult."

Kyle Krogen
Nov 22nd, 2002, 02:00:48 PM
Kyle went next "My training has been manly combat I've build my lightsaber it was very hard to do, next my master is going to teach me how to heat up the air around your hand that will turn into a fire ball that you can shoot at your enemy's" Kyle said as he took another sip of his drink and waited for the next person.

Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:37:38 PM
Jackson sat and listened sense he had no training to speak of but he was intently listening to everyone's descriptions of there current training deciphering which types he would like to be trained in. Jackson Knew Light saber combat was must, He knew he wouldn't be able to rely on his martial arts training fully. he also thought the art of Illusion would be interesting to learn from a master.

Jackson sat there lessoning on to everyone else's current training endeavors.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 24th, 2002, 05:47:31 PM
Wei stretched and yawned. "Anyone up for a game? I have about two dozen tennis balls. We use the Force to throw them at each other, and also use the Force to stop the balls and throw them back. No hands, only telekinesis. So, who's game?"

Ceres Duvall
Nov 24th, 2002, 05:49:59 PM
Ceres came in a little late, hoping that she didn't miss the events that were for Padawans only. She thought that it was a wonderful idea, since most padawans were still fairly new and didn't know that many people.

Hello everybody. I hope I haven't missed anything.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:47:18 AM
"Hello there." Loki stood to welcome the new arrival. He smiled and extended a hand. "Loki Ahmrah. Pleased to meet you."

By doing this he hoped to eradictae any risk that this young lady may feel embarrassed by being a late arrival although she seemed to be handling it rather well. Perhaps she perceived things differently to him?

"Well Wei, I'll give it a go. But I am only just embarking on telekinesis training so don't expect me to be returning all the balls. But who knows? It could be fun!" He confessed with a grin, his eyes following one of the balls as it hurtled towards Oriadin.

Oriadin
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:35:07 AM
Oriadin was sat, half listning to the conversation when Ceres joined them. He smiled as she glanced over in such a way to say hello. He sat facinging forward again now and took a sip of his drink. The next thing he knew a yellow ball came hurtling towards him!

He spilt some of his drink down his front, which was pretty cold but through use of the force me managed to halt the ball in mid air. It was then he thought about what people were saying in the conversation.

--Ah, I see.--

He took a quick glance at Sejah and let out a sly smile. He knew Sejah had, had difficulty with telekinesis in the past so he sent it towards his friend but he sent it over slowly. He wasnt sure if hed been practising or not. All he could think about was the last time he saw Sejah try to move somthing with the power of the force.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:42:40 AM
A smile came over the boy as he watced the ball head over to his mongoose friend. Loki believed Sejah could handle this since their excursion to Nehantish, hopefully he had continued to practice since then and would be able to at least stop it. Taking a seat he took a swig from his bottle then lifted two more balls rather awkwardly. His eyes narrowed as he embarked on what he would call a warm-up.

"It's all very well throwing one ball about--" He began, then cut himself off as he regained his focus. One of the balls almost fell, they trembled a bit as they hovered above the table. "--if we have two-dozen balls on the go I have no chance!"

He held them up for a little bit, until very gradually they began to bob up and down and circle each other. They almost turned once when a bead of sweat tickled down his face and they fell. He ducked as one bounced in his direction and sighed.

"It's so difficult to relax and control the movement of two objects simultaneously!" He complained with resignation.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:45:03 AM
Wei shrugged. "We'll start out slow, and only use one ball. Once you get comfortable with one, we'll add another. It'll be good for the training and also lots of fun."

Oriadin
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:46:21 AM
--What if we were to move three balls around all of us then? That way the chances are we wont have to deal with three balls at the same time, but we will have to remain focused on where all of the balls are.--

Oriadin smiled at young Loki.

--Afterall, we only get better with practise. Right?--

Kyle Krogen
Nov 25th, 2002, 12:45:46 PM
Kyle watched as everyone thay seemed to be having fun Kyle used the force and picked up on of the ball Loki had droped and had it flout over to where he sat

"hay Rog catch this" Kyle sent the ball but it went the wrong way and hit the roof and came down on Ceres's head "oops sorry Ceres."

Raymious
Nov 26th, 2002, 03:32:10 PM
Raymious had heard about this Pada-Con. But did not know what it was. So he decided to go and see. Raymious enterd the bar and grill, leaving his lightsaber behind. Then he looked around for any familiar faces that he might know.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 29th, 2002, 02:24:24 AM
There was an extremely loud thump, and everyone turned in time to see the doors slide back together. There was a muffled "ow!" that came from the other side, and a second later, the door opened, allowing Lion to walk into the room, clutching the hoverboard he had just rammed the door with.

"Damnit, I keep telling Marcus to grease these stupid doors...they never open fast enough..."

He realized that everyone was watching him, so he looked up, embarrased, and smiled.

"Oh, hey, everybody...I'm Lion El' Jonson, padawan to Dasquian Belargic...how are you all on this fine, fine evening?"

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:13:01 PM
"Hi, Lion. Still at that hoverboard I see. I have not ridden mine for a while."

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:33:15 AM
"Hey, Dude...yup. We should really have another race. That last one was so cool."