PDA

View Full Version : Something's not quite right

Gurney Devries
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:50:04 AM
When Gurney ran into his old master in the Bar & Grill (http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25033) the other day, he noticed that there was definitely something strange about the way he was behaving. Tohmahawk - or Q'Dunn, as he seemed to be called around these parts - was wearing extremely dark shades. Now, he'd always been partial to a stylish set of shades. But the pair he was wearing the other day was so dark, he could scarcely imagine how he could make his way around the B&G. And the way he felt around when he picked up Iago's weapons... it was almost as if he were....

Ah. There it was. That familiar tingle at the back of his neck. The Force, telling him something. Or trying to.

"I know you're around here somewhere, old man. I can feel ya."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:21:54 PM
In the shadows he was - not out of a will to be hidden, but simply it was easier on him. Bright lights hurt. Coming into a well lit room was unplesant and would be impossible if not for the blast shield grade eye shades.

But even from where he was, it bought a smile to his face to hear his former Padawan speak and acknowledge he was about. Someone was obviously training Devries.

"Yes I am Gurney. To your left where the light is less. Come and talk to an 'old man' and share some time with me"

Gurney Devries
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:54:02 PM
Gurney nodded, letting a ghost of a smile passing over his face as he turned to where he indicated. Ah, yes... there he was, hidden in the shadowed part of the room. And he was wearing those peculiar glasses again.

"Glad I managed to track you down. You can be quite hard to find, when you want to be."

He gave Marcus a light pat on the back.

"I meant to catch up with your further at the Bar, but the table was already kind of crowded."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 19th, 2002, 07:06:00 PM
"yes, didn't quite seem to be the right time to speak of times past... not when there is a stranger about. Some things to be said are not for those whom might overhear."

He didnt miss the bit about being hard to find. Not at all.

"Aye Gurney, I'm sorry I left you in the lurch as I did. Few things happened to me ... I nearly lost my life in Whitetown, some shithole near the south pole of Arcan. Been sorting out my life. Found a woman whom I thought was dead was very much alive and to my surpise right here. and now.... this. I'd say your looking well, but that would be a lie. I cant see you at all. Flash bomb went off too close to my face and damaged the optical nerves. Still.. it IS good to sense you once again"

Gurney Devries
Nov 19th, 2002, 07:16:33 PM
'"Aye, I don't begrudge you for that, James. We all have to go where the Force takes us."

The padawan gave another faint smile. He raised one hand to his face, brushing over the rather prominent scar in thought.

"But that bit about the Flashbomb... that explains a lot. I thought you were acting kind of strange the other day. Is it permanent, do you know?"

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 19th, 2002, 11:15:35 PM
Good question.

"For anyone other than a Jedi or someone wealthy, it's permanent. However, the damage takes time to regenerage andthe new optics are incredibly sensitive to light. I na room or a cave too dark to see in for you, I'd be quite at home. Quite odd isnt it?"

Gurney Devries
Nov 19th, 2002, 11:52:33 PM
"Nah, makes sense to me. I'll be sure not ta moon ya, then: the intense white light might make your condition permanent", he said, laughing.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 20th, 2002, 03:33:19 AM
The joke bought a laugh out of Marcus - who was, admittedly getting used to blindness and could joke at it.

"Aye, well you warn me when you are tempted to do that okay? So anyway what have you been up to and who's been training you? I sense you know something of the Force now - what have you leanrened, who do you talk to around here, what have you been doing?"

Gurney Devries
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:46:32 AM
"Easy, easy," Gurney said with a laugh. "One question at a time."

He put one hand on the back of his neck, rubbing it slightly as he thought about where to begin.

"Lets see... My 'official' master is Yoghurt. But it seems fate conspires to keep us apart, as I see precious little of him. Amazonbabe has been kindly enough to help me with my training. I still know very little of the Force, compared to some other around here. But now I can hear it 'speaking' to me - warning me of danger, and the presence of others.

I've been giving a bit of practice with illusions, and that seems like something I might actually be able to do. And, as you know, I tend to keep to myself."

He laughed.

"I think that about covers it. How about you? What are you up to thse days? I was hoping maybe we could find a little action and kick a little tail before the day was over."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 22nd, 2002, 07:17:51 PM
"What am I up to... ah now that's a story in it's self!"

It was probably disturbing for a blind man to still have the actions of one withfull sight - turning his head to view Gurney by the Force, instead of his eyes.

"But first, it's good to hear you have started on the road of being a Jedi - been over a year since that shootout on Arcan, hasn't it? What a day that was. Well, I've been about, very quietly. I have no real liking for being visiblebut mainly staying to one side, not allowing others to see what I'm doing. Been doing some poking around, looking over a few things I have been hearing that disturb me. So if you want action, yeah, there's some chance of it coming up. I'm going to give a few Imps a bit of a wake up. Oh and as well, been watching Lady Evenstar with much interest. "

Gurney Devries
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:19:04 AM
The padawan laughed.

"I bet you have!", he quipped.

"I knew you'd be up to something of the sort, though. In regards to the Imps, not the lady Evenstar." He laughed again. "Sounds like fun. Mind if I lend a hand again? I think I'm just about healed from the last time."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:01:01 PM
He stood up and slapped the Padawan on the back.

"That was one hell of a last time Gurney. That night is famous now.... and yes, lets get stuck into it. I could use all the hands I can get. Tell me, what do you know of Jedi Knight Dawnstrider and Lady Evenstar?"

Gurney Devries
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:49:50 PM
He gave a tilted nod.

"I know of the Jedi Knight Dawnstrider. I gave her a little test (http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22810), to learn more about her."

Again, he rubbed the back of his neck, looking a little ashamed now.

"Now that I think about it, it was a bit presumptuous of me to 'test' a Knight."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 24th, 2002, 01:52:22 AM
"Ahhh, so your the one she mentioned to me. Well, if Knights and Masters fear to be tested by a Padawan, I do not consider them worth of rank. Test me all your want."

That over he gathered and arranged his thoughts, putting into order what he would speak of.

"Jedi Dawnstrider is in on what I do up to the hilt. She knows all... and in her I have placed my full trust. In what I am doing, she knows all and I would say you can trust and rely on her too. And seems that I am not one to circle around with fancy words, I will tell you direct. Lady Evenstar is also Senator of Arcan, she has already had one attempt on her life. As you would know I think, she is a Jedi of much note here - suggests to me someone doesnt want a Jedi in the Senate. It is goign to be one of the jobs of what I am considering to protect her. And..."

He paused. This was likely to be a shock.

"She is also known as Lord Fire Blade, a former Imperial of great note for she single-handed inflicted a defeat agaist the Jedi Order - she destroyed the original Temple on Coruscant. So while I would say that she can more than look after herself... I have personal interest in this. What would you say if I was to tell you she is my wife?"