PDA

View Full Version : GJO Admin announcement

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:06:40 AM
1) I dont think I need to really tell anyone just why Judas Escariot got banned. Yesterday he yet again misbehaved and as I had previously indicated, if he did that, he would be banned. It is now so. I believe five warnings in the space of a week is enough to get it through someone's head that they are behaving wrong. There was never going to be a sixth.

2) And a bit more plesant. There are some staff changes announce.

For a bit of time, I have been looking at the moderation lists and thinking about how often we have to moderate - I believe the way we do business could be done better. So, I've run this idea by Figrin and Morgan to see what they think. They seem to think it could work, it's been run by other admins and they are for it. .

I believe we dont need forum specific moderators any longer. We have five highly active board moderators who can handle GJO well (Nav, myself, Amazon Babe, Morgan and Figrin) and we have a good time spread - and we also have Yoghurt, who is online as well when the rest of us aint.

So, this is what I proposed. :

a) We drop all forum specific moderators.

b) With Leia Solo not about, her board powers move on to Ryla.

c) To really give us full coverage, Eldrak / Ogre (SW-Fans) is given approval to moderate, for up to now no SW-Fans moderator or admin was "officially" allowed to do so. (Though, we have asked for him in some situations). I stress, it is not to run the board, it is solely to moderate posts to our rules.

d) With other SW-Fans moderators also lurking this board, we have an awful lot of cverage if soemthing gets out of hand and none of the GJO Board mods are on. I just dont see the need for forum specifics, not at the activity level we have now

Changes will take effect shortly. Any questions, comments, compliants, grizzles or large wads of cash in brown paper bags can be directed my way :)

Okay, enough with the business bits. Back to your regular scheduled programming ... errr.... hijacking?

Nupraptor
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:22:44 AM
With other SW-Fans moderators also lurking this boardhttp://www.meras.org/forum/images/smilies/lurk.gif

Lady Vader
Nov 19th, 2002, 07:05:23 PM
*Points a finger.*

LURKER!!!

*Blinks*

Oh wait... that's what I'm doing now. nevermind. :D

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 19th, 2002, 09:14:15 PM
:duel

hmmm ok :)