PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question...

Sameer Aryan
Nov 18th, 2002, 06:38:38 PM
Ok this may sound stupid to some of you, but I was just wondering...do the Jedi despise all that is Sith-related and such (Dark side stuff) or do Jedi have neutral opinion about people until they see them commit a crime (something bad)...?

(Sorry I haven't read the books, but I've seen so many and it's confusing which to read, which not to, specially since I'm more of a francophone and reading long English texts is hard for me.)

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Nov 18th, 2002, 06:44:16 PM
well my counterpart Blade Ice would the Jedi are rude arrogant Fly's that think they save the universe through the teaching's of piece. Also he believe Jedi are week because would rather try to turn the sith over to the side of light instead of killing them as the sith would do if the situation was reversed.

The jedi really don't hate anyone they are peace keepers and serve the greater good and if that means to hate then sith then they hate the sith but would much rather turn them then kill them.

As for my belief on the Jedi's of the old republic is allot different then my View on the new Jedi order. The old Jedi where hypocrite to the T.

Sameer Aryan
Nov 18th, 2002, 06:51:42 PM
to the T? how so? (btw,can u recommend me to read any book in particular? cause i see that it is a MUST)

imported_Blade Ice
Nov 18th, 2002, 07:03:56 PM
to the T is expression that mean that a sertain word fits a sertain subject very well If you understand what that means.

I would go into detail over why I think they are hypocrites but all my theories will shot down marcus j/k. No really I may post my theory some day but right now I don't have the Timw I'm sorry.

As for Star wars Books I can only recomend two because I have only read two.

#1. Dark Saber (I believe thats the name of it)

#2. AOTC by R.A. Salvatore (he is the man I read all of his none star wars books.)

I myself don't read SW books because I have no clue where to start at and Have you ever seen how many books there are. I only no one person who has read most of them IRL.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 18th, 2002, 08:20:01 PM
The key to what the Jedi would thin is the Jedi code - more precisely one line - "There is no emotion, there is peace", so an idealised Jedi hates nothing, is dispassionate about everything. So, even if someone is killing liek crazy, a Jedi coldy ignites his / her sabre and without emotion dispatches the evil-doer if that is the only way to stop them. Think Wudan and Buddism, Tao and all that.

However, that I think is a whole load of snotwash. Jedi are clearly emotional, even Yoda. Even he gets annoys and pissed off and has a temper as well.

I also think its snotwash that the mark of the Dark Side is the bodycount. Large body counts really just mark you as insane or a total lack of morals. So killing innocents by the boat load really makes you a criminal, or shows your a loony or morally depraved. It is not a definer of The Dark Side.

Genuine evil / Dark Side is a good deal different. It's mainly IMO, about Self. What is it that will get you the most? What will benifit you the best? And despite what might be said, doing such in cold blood is best, for in anger you make mistakes and misjudgements. Brutal, colbloodness serves yourself the best - and that really is what the Dark Side is more likely about - doing things for your own motie, your own reasons, with no regard to others. Now that is simplified, but it's a key in my way of thinking to what really a Dark Sider is. Your selfish, you'll do what is necessary and do anything you see is needed. Your power comes fast, without thought, cause it is easiest to get. Anger is one key to that, for in anger we want the quickest solution possible. Usually violent and blunt

The Light Side is more about Selfishless. About thinking about your actions and taking the right choices, the right path to benifit others. The more powerful you become, the less you use your powers for your own gain. Thining about it, I think it would be logical the greatest Jedi would be teachers - passign on what they have learnt for others to deal with problems. Only in last resort would a great Master come out and lay the smackdown. Also, the more powerful you become, the less you resort to your powers, seeking other solutions.

So, what does that long winded and bare comphrehendable BS mean? to answer the question - it means a Jedi will avoid the Dark Side and the Sith teachings, and will only come out against a Sith if the Sith or Dark Jedi is a threat. Certainly, would not really hate them, certainly knows the Sith or Dark Jedi are wrong in their thinking.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 18th, 2002, 08:30:54 PM
A Jedi is settled in his opinions, but is also unbiased. If that makes any sense, Sam.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:00:37 PM
I still think that Sith are allowed to have good feelings, and that Jedi have bad feelings. It is natural for humans to think that way. If All was real, I would be wary of the Jedi, think of it. Without Emotion? That is pretty freaky. They will kill you, as marcus said, with cool detachment. Don't they feel for the victiam? Sorry that they extingished a life? Now, for sith, I do not see them truely as Bad 100%. I see them as people who use all emotions. Love and Hate. Greed and Giving. They only use the Dark Side during a fight, or when punishing someone who steps out of line.

My Final thought

Jedi: Inhuman, detaching themselves from the real universe, placing themselves above all by way of "I'm better then thou, for I choose enlightenment" thinking.

Sith: Very Human, uses emotions. Uses the Dark Side when angered. Reacts to situations as a normal person, uses instinct, human instinct is aggression. Puts themselves above people with the "I AM Better, I can destroy you, I can rule you." Attitude. Very Human. For throughout history, the strong has always commanded the weak. When this does not happen, the system collapses.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:12:04 PM
No, A Dark Sider would be weakened badly - and even open to the light side - if they felt Love or Compassion. That's every bit as poisionous to a Dark Sider as anger and hate is to a Jedi.

Another thing that I just remembered from a previous discussion - Jedi are In Control. Of themselves, their emotions, what's about them. Totally. Now dark Siders have Control, not as great I think, but they also have Impulse. They can act without thinking and unrestrained.

Sort of like this -

Dark Sider : There's door in my way. It is locked. OKay I'll smash it down! WHAP! HEREEE'S JOHNNY!

Jedi : Okay, door. Locked. Use Force, unlock, slide open. Oh blast doors, okay, I cut open with sabre. Pardon me, but your being nuaghty. Stop it now.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:20:33 PM
Yes, but A Dark Sider wishes to be hidden in the Shadow. Secretive and such. Cutting down a door would be against the teachings. It would declare that someone was present. He wouldn't want to be found. I also think He would never bother with the Door, he would find a way in which would let him remain undiscovered. And if I remember, in all the movies, only Jedi have attempted to cut through a door. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:45:47 PM
I'm using it as an example of attitude. I might add, keeping tot he shadows and being unseen could be what a Jedi would want to do too. But if you need to go through a door in a hurry, I believe that is what Sith or a Jedi would be more likely to do

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 19th, 2002, 12:22:04 AM
Yes, you are correct, but I have question. While on the subject...

How come in all RP's people can Sense the Sith. But in the movies, all the jedi combined couldn't sense the sith under there very noses. Wouldn't that sugest that Sith are masters of drawing the shadow's around. Yes, they could feel the dark side, but not where it originated from.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 19th, 2002, 12:34:15 AM
I very much doubt you can "sense" a Jedi or a Sith that easily. After all, The Emperor misses Luke when Vader senses him. If a new Jedi or Sith you did nt know walked past you, maybe you would have the sense of ... I dunno... something. A feeling they were strong in the Force. MAybe you would feel somethign was up/. I believe Yoda suspected something of Palpatine in the second movie.

May it be that it gets harder for you to detect a Force Master walking past than someone untrained?

imported_Terran Starek
Nov 19th, 2002, 02:30:04 AM
If I may interject, I would like to do so (pardon the interruption.)

I think through my own reading and contemplating, I have discovered one thing about the whole Jedi/Sith conflict and the Force. It is simply this: the Force controls it all. Every last thing, every last action, every last process is ultimately dominated and utilized by the Force in some way or another.

The Force is essentially a dual personality. On the one hand, you have the Light side--this benevolent, caring, wise element. It is good in purified form. Its will is the focus of kindness and good--it is the flower, peace, life. It exerts its will through these things and through the good deeds of the marvelous beings that inhabit the universe. Some beings that have taken on this particular study are Jedi. They are attune to the Light side of the Force because they choose to be. They are human--they make mistakes, have human emotions, seek some selfish goals. But their redemption comes in the fact that they understand that the good will of the Light side is the Truth of the Force, and they try as they can to uphold it.

On the other hand, you have the Dark side--an exact opposite of the light. It is cruel, selfish, and angry. It is evil in purified form. The will of the Dark side is exerted through evil and corruption--it is disease, fear, death. It comes through fear and selfishness--it is the classic human evil manifested. It is deception and chaos. Those who study its ways can be Sith/Dark Jedi. They seek power and are selfish and greedy. They seek betterment of themselves, not Truth or real enlightenment. They also seek chaos.

The number one misconception (I believe) is that the Dark side can be controlled. It cannot. This is eluded to and explained many times--in the movies (The Emporer is pure evil, Sith are 'lost to the Dark side,' Vader was murdered by the dark side and lost to it as well, a pawn of the Emporer) and books (Star Wars RPG guides explain that when you accrue so many Dark side points, your character is lost to it). It shows that the Dark side is, in itself, exactly what it preaches. It seeks ultimate power and deception. Those that become involved in using it and letting it grow in them are lost because they become pawns to its will. They no longer have their own lives--they are controlled soley by the Dark side. It is quick and easy power now at the price of one's soul forever.

The Light side, however, leads those that follow it to enlightenment. It is the good path. It is the means to ultimate knowledge. It is Truth and Justice and Peace, and all that good mushy stuff. It is the classic good.

SO (after a HUGE post), I think it comes down to the basic theme--good versus evil. Good will conquer evil, and evil is forever lost. That is the ordeal, as I interpret it. Of course, it is simply my interpretation, and that's just the way I see it. That's the beauty of the Star Wars Universe--it lives in our own imaginations. :D

imported_Lance Stormrider
Nov 19th, 2002, 05:50:44 AM
Gawd that was long to read @_@ but it was all good and true

imported_Terran Starek
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:07:49 PM
Yeah, totally sorry for length! :D

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 19th, 2002, 02:33:33 PM
I think that could be one aspect of that... But I think you are taking lost to literally. "she become lost in his eyes" Now you know, she ain't really lost, in a real sense, but because she wants to, she keeps looking into the eyes. Thats what I think lost is. They choose to be lost.

Now, lets try to tie in the Midi-Clorian stuff. I posted this once.
here is short version.

Jedi, use the midi with friendship. Asking, through a bond between them to use the force. Etc. Etc.

Sith, us the Midi in a Master and Slave way. They get quicker results true. But the slaves are not going to work as hard.

That explains why Jedi are in a sense, Stronger, but the Sith, with the darkside have it is easier, and in my opinion, able to use the force faster.

A Semi-Truck racing a sports car. In a race, The Sports Car is going to win. In a towing patch, or destruction derby, the Semi is going to win. Whenever they go head to head, the Semi will win. Thank you for reading my twisted logic!

imported_Terran Starek
Nov 19th, 2002, 02:49:59 PM
Interesting point, Dyzm. Again, it goes to show that it all depends on the perspective and imagination of those who interpret it.

:D

Sameer Aryan
Nov 20th, 2002, 06:01:22 PM
Thank you for your time! long to read but lots to understand :)

So basically a Jedi can try to be friendly with a Sith (although I doubt the Sith'll act the same) because a Jedi doesn't have feelings?

imported_Lance Stormrider
Nov 20th, 2002, 06:22:34 PM
Jedis have feelings.

Sameer Aryan
Nov 20th, 2002, 06:42:24 PM
Damn I'm screwed! :lol Didn't Marcus say they don't. Anyways, even if they do, could they try to be friends with a Sith, or it would look fake?

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 20th, 2002, 09:02:07 PM
OK, Sam it goes like this. A jedi can have feelings, but when it is time for the Jedi to conduct business, he lets no emotions or feelings get in his way. As most everyone knows, the first sign that someone hs lost an argument is when he or she loses his or her temper. Jedi do not let their emotions influence their decisions because that could lead to a mistake being made. See what I mean?

Sameer Aryan
Nov 21st, 2002, 07:36:30 AM
much more clear :) Thank you very very much! :D