PDA

View Full Version : The light, the dark, and the endless knot. [Dios/Maia/open]

Surpanakha
Nov 18th, 2002, 02:29:47 PM
For every hour the cursed sun shone down upon the lands, there followed long periods of perfect darkness. For every lighted candle, there followed eventual, all-encompassing black. For every preacher of Order, there followed the infernal servants of Chaos.

"FREEEEEEELL YOU!!"

For every length of rope, there followed a knot.

For days now Surpanakha had been tracking down the scent of a Jedi she first encountered months ago, during a hunt with Dae and her Queen. And, like any predator, everything save the path left by Dios' scent had faded from the demon's senses, so that her very being was coated with the mark of her prey. That is, up until she came across this line.

It was an ordinary nylon cord, made that much more interesting due to the (literally) strange twist in it. Suri served Chaos, yes, but how could one possibly hope to balance an entire multiverse in favor of disorder when the tools for executing such were flawed?

Even if it was just a bit of rope; the smallest of feats could achieve wonders in the grand scheme of things.

So whilst Dios and his wife lay peacefully asleep in their beds, Surpanakha was busy tackling a most frustrating, vexing, difficult, arduous, painfully excruciating - not to mention clumsy - problem.

Dios Kane
Nov 21st, 2002, 04:05:21 PM
:: I suddenly straightened up in bed with a start. My silver eyes dilated and refocused in the moon lit night and my breath slowly calmed as I realized it had been a nightmare.
I turned my head to Maia and smiled and ran a hand through the hair in front of her face before laying back down. I closed my eys once again and welcomed the wanted sleep.
Not but a moment later my eyes snapped open. My force sense was horrible but I kept getting images of something like a gremlin or something in the back of my eyes. I could only assume it was the force but why so impending? I was tired and I didn't want to deal with anything right now...
I snorted and pushed myself out of bed, wuickly running a hand through my stiff white hair and looking out the window. I couldn't see anything but everytime I closed my eyes I saw everything. It was there, fumbling with something, and it carried an aura that more or less seemed to destroy light. What was all this about? My hand lifted barely and the dormant lightsaber on the shelf slowly glided to my hand. I looked back at Maia then turned to the moon and saw my own reflection in the locked glass door. I could only hope this was just a false alarm.::

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:01:09 AM
Maia curled up into a tighter ball wen she felt Dios leave her side. Taking his warmth with him. Dark tendrils of the force crept into her dreams. A soft moan could be heard from the twisted sheets, her hand moved, searching.

Maia and Dios had just been married. All of their dreams had come true. They had battled the darkness and won. The price they had paid had been painful but there love had persevered.

Now the darkness seemed to be reaching for the again. Twisting it's way into there innocence. Aching to destroy what I could not have. Mia turned in her sleep, Her soft hair hiding the tears that leaked from her eyes. She was caught in the dream and it twisted her soul into knots.

"Dios..." She whispered.

Surpanakha
Nov 27th, 2002, 02:26:20 PM
Well. That was a frelling waste of time. Growling with aggravation and after several hours of fiddling with the rope, Suri finally decided it was time to move on... though not without the cord. She had greater, living prey to pursue at the moment, but this irksome problem had to be amended eventually, and so, wrapping it around her wrist, the demon continued on head. She crawled along the path until it disappeared into a concrete road, on the either side of which were lined neat rows of houses.

This was all too easy! Rope dragging behind her, Surpanakha jumped onto the bough of one of the trees alongside the pavement, and moved in the direction of one residence in particular.

Dios Kane
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:01:36 PM
:: I turned and walked to Maia. I placed my hand on her head and smiled as I whispered.::

Maia... wake up beautiful.

:: My head snapped back up, I sensed it again, my saber was still in my other hand but I could still get that erie image behind my eyes when they were closed.::

Maia Tharrinn
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:53:39 AM
Maia opened her eyes at the sound of her husbands voice. Her customary smile was not in place. The dream she had been having left a bitter taste and a worried frown on her face. Sitting up she looked around the still dim room.

"Dios had the most aw.... " It was then she noticed him standing rigid, his saber drawn. She immediately jumped from the bed and grabbed her saber. With A snap-hiss it to was ignited.

"She, still in her night dress, rushed to his side.

Surpanakha
Jan 26th, 2003, 01:44:34 AM
The night wasn't particularly chilly, so it was little wonder that the large bay windows in the hallway just past the newlyweds' bedroom was open. But entering that way would be foolish and completely unoriginal, and the demon didn't want to (nor was she able to) wake the entire neighborhood - at least, not on an empty stomach!

Surpanakha stopped in front of a house a few blocks away from the Jedi. The main entrance creaked open as she approached and stepped over the threshold, the door slamming closed behind her. She needed a diversion... something to occupy her prey while she prepared. These people were good Samaritans, after all; it wouldn't take very much. A distinctly cheery undertone was present in her voice as she muttered the lines to a spell.

"So mote it be!" she chirped, sealing the incantation. The hex was simple, but ostentatious nonetheless: a flock of small red dragons, essentially shaped out of pure flame, materialized in the air outside. The demoniac creatures darted in every direction and disappeared into every other house on the street, excepting that of Dios and the family Surpanakha had selected for dinner, setting them ablaze (she could've easily hurled fireballs at the homes instead, but how was that showy?).

Dios Kane
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:29:10 PM
:: I jumped by the use of the force. The use of the darkside was not something wanted to feel in my apartment. Several houses were suddenly blazing as I hissed, the glass door flung open. I leaped outside and was in the street in moments.
I looked around me in a full circle... who? Fiend? Why? Too much for me to take in, it was as bright as day and the sudden screams weren't helping. I closed my eyes, trying to wash out the feeligs of the one's dying, screams in the force asI searched for a solution. My eyes opened and I lunged, my orange saber slashing at the fire hydrant. Water poured forth and I directed it to the houses, dousing as much of the unexpected fir as I could, but it was futile, too much damage was happening. I screamed.::

Come out you coward, fight me! Not them, you want me don't you?! Not them!