PDA

View Full Version : A Place Full Of Jedi....(open)

Anthony Scott
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:44:32 PM
A fight had broken out in front of Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. Two men rolled across the ground, swinging legs and clenched fists at one another as a small crowd cheered them on. Suddenly a man approached the group and calmly raised his hands in front of him, closing his eyes slightly as he took in a deep breath.

"Peace be to you -- none of this matters. Whatever you are fighting over is meaningless in this Galaxy. So much more you have to live for than this."

He said softly, and then continued on, leaving the group in a state of shock. The man's gentle brown eyes came to rest upon the Bar and Grill's doorway as he approached and entered in. The burley guards stopped him and asked for weapons but he simply shook his head.

"I have none."

His gentle voice spoke to them and they let him pass without further question. Once inside, the man found an empty booth and sat down, running his hands through his shoulder length brown hair. No style it held, but the simplicity about it was welcome. He straightened out his white shirt and pushed the wrinkles from his brown leather pants. It was his first day in Coruscant and he had found a place where peace resided....a place full of Jedi.

A peaceful man himself, this brought joy to Anthony's heart as he looked about and saw all the happy people. Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by the beeps of a service droid who was requesting the man's order. Having never been here, he knew not what they carried, nor was he interested in the liquor.

"I'll have a glass of Namana Cider, please."

He said with a nod and the droid rolled away with a few high pitched sounds. Soon it returned with his drink of choice and he took it in his hands, then brought the glass to his lips and sipped on the cool liquid. Sighing with a refreshed feeling, he set the glass back upon the table and let his eyes wander about the room.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 17th, 2002, 11:24:03 PM
The whole fight outside had Ceres in a confused state of mind. Being the pure of heart that she was, she never truly understood why people fought eachother. Sure, she realized that sometimes it was something that had to be done in order to save the lives of innocents, but what was the force behind those that were doing the complete opposite?

The young woman raised her head when she heard the fight outside quieting down suddenly. Had the authorities finally intervened? She turned her head to notice the guards allowing a man inside, a rather calm looking one. People that had been watching the fight from the safety of their seats by the doorway or by the windows watched him closely, exchanging whispers with one another. Those that were doing this weren't students, as far as she knew. Those that were paid no special attention to him, or at least some of them... She was a student, and yet she was wondering what was so special going on.

She didn't recognize the man, but she didn't recognize very many faces since she was still new to this place. At that moment, a serving droid wheeled up to her table and set a plate down in front of her, as well as a drink. When it turned to roll away, the drink was knocked over by it's outstretched "hand". Startled, she jumped up, causing the ice from the drink to drop out of her lap.

Oh no.

She sighed, not angry with the droid at all. After all, it was an accident. And clothes washed, she just didn't like the feeling of being soaked. For now, she just wiped at her knees with a few napkins, thankful that she was sitting out far from her table, or else the damage would have been embarrassingly worse.

Anthony Scott
Nov 18th, 2002, 07:31:04 PM
Anthony's gentle brown eyes came to rest upon a young woman who seemed to be having some problems. He had witnessed the whole incident with the droid and he saw the embarassment overcome her face. Rising from his seat with drink in hand, the young man casually walked over to her table with a kind smile upon his lips.

"I saw what happened -- are you okay, miss? Here, let me help you."

He said softly and reached for a handful of napkins from a table beside hers. Turning around, he gently took the young woman's hand and placed the napkins in it. With the same soft smile as seen before, he looked upon her with a sense of compassion. Even though the ordeal was small, Anthony's kind heart could not let it go.

"Is -- is there anything else I can get you? Another drink perhaps?"

The man questioned as he began wiping the drink from the table top. After cleaning it dry, he disposed of the dripping napkins and then returned his attention to the young woman again.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:24:27 PM
She hadn't been paying as much attention to the room as she had been before the incident with the drink. The napkins she was using were beginning to be of no use because they were totally soaked as it was.

Anthony: I saw what happened -- are you okay, miss?

She looked up, a bit surprised to see the young man that she had just been watching a moment ago standing there. Hearing his voice was then that she realized that a lot of people were staring at him before. It was quite relaxing, peaceful and full of compassion. Was it him that stopped the fight? Just by simply speaking?

Anthony: Here, let me help you.

He grabbed her hand and placed a handful of napkins into her palm. She smiled, tossing the old napkins into the garbage as her other hand worked on drying her knees off.

Thank you very much.

Her voice almost seemed childish compared to his, yet very sweet and just as quiet. It fit her personality even though it made her sound rather young.

Anthony: Is -- is there anything else I can get you? Another drink perhaps?

Oh but you've helped me enough.

She smiled, thinking her knees wouldn't get any dryer. She'd just have to sit and wait. While he dried the table off, she dried her seat off.

But... why don't you join me instead?

She figured this was probably another good chance to get to know another new face since she had only met a few people here so far.

By the way..

Ceres reached out her hand as though to offer him a hand shake, but realized she still had the napkins in that hand. She quickly tossed them away then reached out again.

I'm Ceres, and you are?

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 18th, 2002, 10:00:33 PM
Wei had seen the fight outside and the man that stopped it. Grandpa had told him stories of people that could halt entire armies with the utterance of a single word. Wei had never met anyone like that before and was eager to find the person and figure out how they did it.

"I wonder where he went?" Wei entered the Bar and Grill and looked about. "I wonder where he went.

OOC:hope I'm not too late to join in.

Anthony Scott
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:39:38 PM
Anthony smiled warmly as Ceres introduced herself. Setting his drink down, the young man took her hand in his again and shook it. Something about his touch was -- different. It was almost as if a soothing wave passed from his flesh to hers. Of course though, this was natural to him and he did not feel it for he was not on the receiving end.

"I'm Anthony -- Anthony Scott. It's nice to meet you Ceres -- such a beautiful name."

He said with a pureness of heart, letting her know he was not 'playing it up' or 'feeding her lines'. After sitting down, he pushed back his brown hair and smiled once again, letting his gentle gaze fall upon the young woman.

"This is a wonderful place -- but is fighting prevalent around these parts? I see no point to it -- we have so much more to live for."

He stated softly, turning his head to see a man who appeared to be looking for someone. Suddenly Wei caught the gaze of Anthony and something in his eyes clicked. The young man waved Wei over to the table and looked to Ceres.

"I'm trying to get to know some people. I heard rumors of a Jedi Base being here. They uphold my way of life presently and I seek to learn more of these ways."

He said, his voice holding an edge of excitement that twinkled in his eyes. In his heart, Anthony hoped that he'd find someone who would tell him of such a place.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 19th, 2002, 05:50:01 PM
Wei went over when he was beckoned and sat down.

"Hi there, everyone." Wei felt immediatley at home and entirely comfortable.

"I'm Wei," he said, introducing himself. "How is everyone?"

Anthony Scott
Nov 19th, 2002, 07:16:39 PM
Anthony smiled as Wei took a seat. He too felt comfortable in this man's presence and assumed he was of the Light. Extending his hand, he spoke.

"I'm Anthony and I'm doing quite well! How about yourself?"

He questioned with a gentle smile. Briefly Anthony's eyes flickered over to Ceres as he figured she would introduce herself -- he felt it rude to do so anyway, so he remained silent after saying his piece.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 19th, 2002, 07:56:02 PM
Anthony: I'm trying to get to know some people. I heard rumors of a Jedi Base being here. They uphold my way of life presently and I seek to learn more of these ways.

Ceres smiled and nodded. You mean the Greater Jedi Order? Thats the reason I'm here too, although I already have a master now.

Her eyes turned to Wei as she approached, the same kindness she had shown Anthony showing towards him as well. She was raised this way, to treat everyone the same as she'd want to be treated.

Hello, Wei, I'm good. It's so very nice to meet you. I'm Ceres.

She ordered herself another glass of water from the passing droid, glad that it wasn't the same that had accidently spilt her drink into her lap.

Anthony Scott
Nov 20th, 2002, 08:19:49 PM
As Wei took Anthony's hand, the same surge of gentle energy touched the man's skin, though Anthony felt it naught. His brown eyes came to rest upon Ceres again and he looked at her curiously, canting his head to the side.

"You're a Jedi? Do you like it here? What is it like to live this amazing dream?"

He questioned suddenly, his eyes possessing a burning flame of eagerness. Truly this was his goal in life -- even if no one else realized that at the moment.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 20th, 2002, 08:23:54 PM
Wei smiled as the two introduced themselves.

"Ah, yes. The GJO. I love that place." Wei smiled widely. "Who is your teacher?" he asked Ceres.

Zatania Duvall
Nov 20th, 2002, 10:46:45 PM
I have only been here for a little while, but I love it so far. Everyone I've met so far is very friendly.

Ceres looked at Wei and answered him as well.

Dasquian.

OOC I can never remember how to spell that name so I'm always having to look it up! >.<

EDIT Oops! Wrong account. lol Ignore the fact that I posted as Zatania. Pretend its Ceres. ^_^;

Anthony Scott
Nov 21st, 2002, 02:39:51 PM
Anthony smiled to himself and nodded.

"I'm glad that things are well for you. The atmosphere here is quite welcoming. Somehow, I found this place. I am glad that I did too. You speak of a man called 'Dasquian', he is your Master? What is he like?"

His questions were pouring out again, but he didn't think that she would mind answering them at all.

ooc: :lol It's okay, you don't need to apologize -- happens to everyone!

Ceres Duvall
Nov 21st, 2002, 02:44:32 PM
I haven't talked to him too much yet, since I haven't been here for that long quite yet. But he seems to be a very nice man. The very first day I came here, he was very helpful.

The droid finally made it's way to Ceres and placed the new drink on the table, then carefully backed up and turned away to go serve another patron.

Anthony Scott
Nov 21st, 2002, 02:53:25 PM
Anthony nodded with understanding as she spoke.

"Interesting -- I wonder what shall happen to me now. I am going to spend a day meditating -- probably tomorrow. Then I shall go and ask acceptance to the Order. I hope that all goes well."

He finished his drink of Namana Cider and set the glass upon the table as the droid brought another drink to Ceres.

"I know that my visit with you has been short, but I must go. I left something unattended that I really ought to get to. I -- I wish to see you again, and you too Wei. Though right now, this -- thing is calling to me. I beg your leave and I wish the sun to smile upon you for the rest of the evening."

His gentle voice touched their ears and just as he finished, he rose from his seat and took Ceres's hand in his once again, the same calming sensation flowing from his flesh to hers as before.

"It has been a great pleasure speaking with you. I hope the stains come out of your cloths."

He said with a gentle smile and a bow of the head before turning and making his way out of the Bar and Grill.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 21st, 2002, 03:39:21 PM
Anthony:Interesting -- I wonder what shall happen to me now. I am going to spend a day meditating -- probably tomorrow. Then I shall go and ask acceptance to the Order. I hope that all goes well.

Good luck then, Anthony.

Anthony:I know that my visit with you has been short, but I must go. I left something unattended that I really ought to get to. I -- I wish to see you again, and you too Wei. Though right now, this -- thing is calling to me. I beg your leave and I wish the sun to smile upon you for the rest of the evening.

As he took her hand, a smile crossed her face again. Something about him was very calming, everything about him actually. Somehow she felt that he would make a very good impression when he went to ask for acceptance into GJO.

Anthony:It has been a great pleasure speaking with you. I hope the stains come out of your cloths.

She laughed faintly and nodded as she spoke.

I'm sure that I can get them out.

She watched him leaving for a moment before taking a sip from the water that she just recieved.

Anthony Scott
Nov 21st, 2002, 08:51:20 PM
Anthony waved at Ceres as she wished him good luck. He smiled to himself and then exited the Bar and Grill, rounding the corner to go down an alley way. From a pile of boxes and rubbish, he bent over and lifted a small figure into his arms. It stirred slightly and a whining sound could be heard.

"Hmmmm? Daddy? I missed you Daddy -- don't leave me like that again, Daddy, okay?"

The whining ceased and the little one tucked her head back against his chest and drifted off to sleep.

"Sorry baby -- I had to find out some things. Go to sleep Faith -- we're out to find a home tonight and then it'll all be better."

He whispered to her as he walked toward what appeared to be a local shelter.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:37:27 AM
Wei watched Anthony leave and gave him a silent nod of respect.

"And the mightiest armies will be halted with but one word whispered into the right ears. Honor is truly stronger than steel."