PDA

View Full Version : Showdown between two old friends (Kindo)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Nov 16th, 2002, 06:52:01 PM
:: The huming of a unique lightsaber could be heard in the arena, as Matrix spun in the air gripped by the Jedi Knight Lance Stormrider's hand several sparks flew out from the floor, the huming intensified it's self after severals minutes of pure spinning and slashing, Lance wasn't even sweating this was just a normal exercice for him he hadn't had a swing with his lightsaber in a while and he somehow felt the urge to spin it today, even though his mysterious absence from the the Greater Jedi Order was disturbing his apprentices he still came to the academy, how could he not this is his favourite place.::

If only someone was here....I need to test out of my new skills

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:40:44 PM
Kindo walked down the halls of the Jedi Academy at a leisurely pace, peeking within each arena he passed by. A smile was across his face, for he enjoyed seeing the Padawans progress in their skills with each passing day. Peace could be felt in his quiet ambience.

It was then when he noticed fellow Knight and good friend Lance Stormrider, spinning around his sapphire blade. Entering into the arena undetected, he stepped up behind Lance.

" You still got the touch I see. "

Nov 16th, 2002, 07:48:21 PM
:: Lance stopped his blade in mid-air and swithced it off watching the blue hissing blade vanish letting out a few blue sparks out.::

:: Lance wasn't facing him but through the force he could guess who it was.::

"Kindo, old friend" He turned around to face him.

"Such a pleasure to see you here" He smiled and offered a light bow.

"Well since your here, why not exchange a few sparring minutes with me"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 16th, 2002, 08:04:04 PM
Ki returned the respectful bow.

" Has always it is great to see you too, old friend. "

He removed his leather trench coat and tossed it aside, revealing the steel hilt resting against his hip. He unclipped the dormant blade, elevated it out foward, and ran his finger over the ignition switch.

SNAP-HISS!!!

In an instant, a saffron beam emitted outwards, creating a momentary screech followed by the usual persistant hum of any lightsaber.

Nov 16th, 2002, 08:19:32 PM
" I thought so"

:: Lance spun the odd hilt on his hands and pressed the ignition button a wide grin forming on his lips.::

SNAP-HISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:: The blonde haired man's jaded eyes eyed Kindo very closely, his strider his attributes coming in the game at the moment.::

"Let us start this" Lance launched him-self towards Kindo always concentrated on the force he slashed down at Kindo while jumping in his direction keeping his other hand to cover any kind of sneak attack.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 16th, 2002, 08:43:42 PM
Kindo stepped sideways, then swung his blade in a swift horizontal slash towards the back of Lance's neck.

Nov 16th, 2002, 08:55:11 PM
:: Lance landed on his feet and lowered his body to duck the slash he quickly sidekicked Kindo who was finishing his slash and got ready to swing his lightsaber.::

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 16th, 2002, 09:23:41 PM
While Lance was pulling back to strike, Kindo extended his arm and emitted a light Force wave, causing Stormrider to slightly stumble backwards. Ki then advanced with an rapid diagonal slash.

Nov 16th, 2002, 10:35:52 PM
:: Lance knew this was just to make a slash connect, he didn't stop spinning Matrix even though he was losing his stance, he quickly blocked and pushed inwards to regain his balance.::

"Not bad" His jaded eyes narrowed at him.

:: He maintained the clash between the two blades while he prepared an aura gathering, calling his strider power Lance's aura rew brightly as his spiritual energy started to gather aorund his arm it trailed slowly towards the hilt of his lightsaber...as it reached for the hilt the blue beam started to grow now big enough Lance simply pushed Kindo off balance because of the enormous Blade.::

"Tidal Shockwave!" Lance spun the huge lightsaber and slammed it against the floor releasing a huge series of energy waves.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 18th, 2002, 05:18:04 PM
The energized waves casued Kindo to fall backwards, forcefully colliding with the floor. Landing on his back, he shifted his position to lay on his side. In a rapid slide, he swept his foot across the ground, catching the back of Lance's legs.

The Jedi Knight kicked up upon his feet and began spinning his lightsaber around with great speed. Once buliding up momentum from the spinning, he advanced with a powerful overhead strike.

Nov 18th, 2002, 06:16:05 PM
:: Lance lost his balance but decided to fall backwards and catch his weight back with his hands to backflip away from Kindo, as he came back to his foot Lance quickly ran up towards Kindo spinning Matrix around he slashed his lightsaber and clashed it with his for a few rounds untill he jumped right above his head to land behind him slashing again.::

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 19th, 2002, 05:00:49 PM
Kindo stepped sideways, avoiding the oncoming slash. With Lance still behind him, he quickly spun around with another horizontal strike.

Nov 20th, 2002, 05:26:01 AM
:: Lance slashed down veritcally to block the horizontal slash sent his way, he then jumped right above the blade and spun his lightsaber sideways clashing his blde against Kindo's Lance then continued to exchange slashes with him searching for an opening, after a while of exchanging slashes Lance quicly dodge rolled to the side and again to go behind him at the same time he rose to his feet he slashed towards Kindo's ribs following his rise mouvement.::

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 29th, 2002, 08:12:03 PM
Kindo used the Force to enhance his speed while executing a swift rotation to face Lance once again. While spinning, he brought his saber around in a falling diagonal slash that collided right with his opponents.

In an instant, Ki waved his hand towards the Strider's legs, creating a Force wave that knocked Lance clear off his feet. He then dove in with another overhead slash.

Dec 6th, 2002, 09:00:02 PM
:: Lance fell to the ground but pressures his left han against it to lift himself upto clash against Kindo's blade, he spun ie sideways to deflect him, and walked away standing on his defensive stance.::

"Not bad, your using a normal Jedi sword stance......I have been thinking....maybe it can be possible to adjust another kind of stance to a lightsaber." Lance put his saber in a horizontal position in front of him, his eyes narrowed...

"Alright...now for a tryout, horizontal slash" Lance leaped up in the air his lightsaber in a horiztonal slash leading with his right foot not to get slashed and beeing able to counter in the air Lance came back down with lightsaber in a horizontal position making it hard for Kindo to actually counter without getting slammed to the ground because of the weight Lance is putting in his attack.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 7th, 2002, 10:37:59 AM
Realizing that Lance's decsending force would overpower him, Kindo quickly stepped to the side as the Strider landed. He then raised his saber over his head at a slanted position.

" My friend, I've been a swordsman since I was five, and I find that combining both the regular saber skills of the Jedi and my past fencing experience gives me the edge in most fights. "

He brought his blade down in a swift diagonal arc directly at the Stormrider's lightsaber, which he did to weaken Lance's control. He then advanced with several rapid side strikes, moving so fast it that only a Force adept swordsman could parry the hits he was delivering.

It was evident by the expression of his face that all of his concentration was focused upon the ongoing duel. With the Force has his ally and a long past of fencing, he was a powerful foe, and one not to be underestimated.

Jedi Anakin Skywalker
Dec 8th, 2002, 01:46:58 AM
OOC: Sorry to jump in on ya, LOL!!! I bet your surprised to see me huh Lance??? I see you are doing well, your not gettin the crap beat out of ya like I use to do to you..lol. Ill tell you one thing alot of more people are hear. Like iv seen 6 familiar names and 50 names that i dont. Crazy what can happen when your gone for 6 months. Anywayz, I think im coming back. I feel like roleplaying again and ill keep myself busy with this and this other one im in...dont ask cuz u already know and if i told u, u would laugh! So reply back and ill ttyl!

Dec 10th, 2002, 05:55:31 AM
:: A light smile descended down on his cheek.::

"Ive been a swordsman since I'm three actually" Lance said as he swifted his saber towards his spinning it around Jedi style this time.

"I've mastered severals styles of swinging, I was just curious to see how you would defend against a gatotsu (Horizontal Slash)" Lance swung leftwards right under Kindo's saber and stopped there to clash their blades, he then pushed a bit a lightly jumped backwards still spinning his saber to block Kindo's.

:: Lance then switched handles to his horizontal handle.::

"Now I'm going strider style" Lance run up to him and started slashing perfect round shots, the slashes were lethal and extremely fast, Lance was switching handle every 3 slashes to vary his attack.

OOC: :) Lol. PM me Ani, not on AIM because I'm never on these days.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 10th, 2002, 04:34:56 PM
Kindo retreated, stepping backwards with each of Lance's attacks. Choosing one of the random slashes, he swung his lightsaber in a simple yet sturdy strike that connected with the Stormrider's. Thanks to the Kindo's heightened awareness during the duel, he spotted an opening.

Keeping his blade locked in place with that of the Strider's, he rotated inward below his lightsaber. This caused him to be much closer to his opponent, but more importantly, his weapon was now on the inside, and there was nothing that could be done to change that. Sliding off Stormrider's blade, which had was above Ki Adi's head, he swung his saber in a descending rapid swipe, stopping mere centimeters before cleaving Lance in half.

" Look's like I win, this time at least. "

He grinned, brushing his finger back over the ignition switch, causing the glowing yellow beam to return to the hilt.

Dec 21st, 2002, 10:10:18 AM
:: Lance looked at the blade stop right under him, a blade he could've escaped quite easily with his quicks jumps but Kindo seemed to be confident about his victory, Lance did not say a word but simply smiled.::

"I guess so, I'm looking forward to face you again." Lance called to his cape and accessories with the force and clipped them on, he walkedout of the room waving at Kindo.

OOC: Sorry bud, was away

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:23:45 PM
OOC- It's cool, dude. BTW, I hate to complain, honestly, but there would have been very little you could've done to avoid that attack.

Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:28:59 PM
OOC: Hey f**ck off!!! LMAO J/K

Don't take it seriously buddy, it's just a spar :) Don't stres your-self with these things, hey catch ya on AIM. ;)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:02:32 AM
OOC- Gotcha buddy... good spar. I'll catch ya on IM.