PDA

View Full Version : Gotta be something around here

Iago Kent
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:57:55 AM
The doors of the Greater Jedi Order's Recruitment Center opened slowly as the man entered. The green cloak covered the leather and chain mail of his armor, which remained silent although soft footfalls could be heard as the man's boots clunked on the stone of the recruitment center.

The man brushed his brown hair from his eyes, pulling it behind his ears.

His eyes stared out into the room and his accented voice spoke in Basic.

"Hello? I am looking for a Jedi."

Gurney Devries
Nov 16th, 2002, 01:36:14 AM
"Uuuuuuuh.... "

Gurney's walk slowed to a halt. He was just passing by... it certainly wasn't his job to greet the new recruits. In fact, truth be told, he rather didn't like the idea of meeting the fresh meat, even with the pun. Still... if he was to be a full fledged Jedi, he was certainly going to have to learn how to deal with strangers. Besides, it would be rather rude of him to just continue on without stopping - there was no one else there to do the honors. Mentally sighing, Gurney set down the papers he was carrying on a small table, turned and walked down the adjoining hallway until he was just a few feet away from the new person.

"Greetings to ya. I'm Gurney Devries, a padawan here. What kin I do for ya?"

Iago Kent
Nov 16th, 2002, 01:42:53 AM
"I am Iago Kent," the man replied, standing tall and looking down at Gurney. I wish to be trained in the arts of the Jedi.

"Can you help me?"

Gurney Devries
Nov 16th, 2002, 01:55:20 AM
"Uh," he wasn't really sure how to answer. Man, why didn't anyone tell him it was going to be this difficult?

"I... don't see why not."

He rubbed his bald scalp with one hand.

"I'm sorry. I don't really do this sort of thing normally. I think you need the permission of the Jedi Council to join, or something like that. It's kind of late, and I don't think they're around. Maybe I could show you the Bar & Grill, in the meantime?"

Iago Kent
Nov 16th, 2002, 02:01:54 AM
"If this Bar and Grill you talk about has a good pint of ale then I'll have some, lad. You wouldn't happen to have anything from Almania? It's been a while since I've had something from my homeland."

Gurney Devries
Nov 16th, 2002, 02:08:16 AM
"Never been there, myself. Can't say as I've had their liquour, either. But the Bar is fairly well stocked. They should have some, I ken. You ever have a Spice Beer, Mr. Kent?"

Iago Kent
Nov 16th, 2002, 02:09:43 AM
"Of course," Iago replied, "In my lifetime I've had spice beer more than a few times."