PDA

View Full Version : If you would all be so kind...

Lady Vader
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:02:58 PM
... as to help me out with something.

Last week (or the week before... can't remember as the weeks seem to meld into each other), I purchased the LOTR:FOTR game for the PC. Pretty decent game and quite fun, especially how it stays true to the book.

Anyhoo, what I need help in is this: I've been searching and searching and searching (to no avail) for walkthroughs and cheats for the PC version of LOTR:FOTR, but I can't find a darn thing!

Now, maybe some of you know of sites that may have info on these things I'm looking for that I may have overlooked. If you could suggest ANYTHING, I'd be most appreciative.

Thank you in advance! :)

imported_Grev Drasen
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:08:08 PM
http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/bllordringsfellowshipring.htm

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/lord_of_the_rings_fotr.txt (this is the PS2 walkthrough, it might help)

Lady Vader
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:11:50 PM
Thanks for the links, Grev... but I just beat the game. :D

It wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be (I was at the end of the game already and thought I'd have trouble with the flying Wringwraith like in the X-Box version... but it was actually easier than expected).

Thanks anyways. :)

Now since I've played the X-Box version and the PC version, I'm off to play the PS2 version! (Don't have a PS2, so I'll just rent it. :D) Now, you may wonder why on earth I'd want to play all three versions... well, simply to see which one I think may be best and how different they are, even though the story is essentially the same.

So far, the X-Box and PC versions differed in the way the game handled and some of the landscapes (for instance, I really liked the PC versions landscape at the end (more detailed) when fighting the Wringwraith, rather than the landscape for the X-Box... but that's just me).

Anyways, thar it is! :rollin

imported_Grev Drasen
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:18:14 PM
Ah, well congrats anyway for beating it.

Lady Vader
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:18:35 PM
Ya know... I just thought of something...

This would probably be better off in the General Gaming forum... wouldn't it?

Sanis Prent
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:20:27 PM
And away we move it :)...

Nupraptor
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:23:03 PM
Still haven't played it. But I'd certainly like to. Maybe I should check out the demo.

Lady Vader
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:23:36 PM
*Salutes*

Thankee kindly, Sanis. :)

And, Nup, the game is quite fun and entertaining. Definitely try out the demo. :)

And a review to come of all three versions once I get my hands on a PS2. :D