PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 Unveiled, World Craps Pants

Oriadin
Nov 15th, 2002, 06:12:44 AM
This was taken from http://www.computerandvideogames.com/

----------------------------

RESIDENT EVIL 4 UNVEILED, WORLD CRAPS PANTS

Capcom made a sneak showing of the latest in its horror series yesterday inducing torrents of faecal expulsion: first details inside

17:58 Well, now we know. In keeping with the series's tradition, the fourth instalment of Resident Evil, another GameCube exclusive, looks utterly astonishing. The game was unveiled at a Japanese event yesterday, and while we can't show you shots or movies quite yet, rest assured that the snippet shown rocked with enormous bells on. Ding, and indubitably, dong.
Going back to its roots after a dalliance with the dual character format of Resident Evil 0, the fourth episode focuses on one Leon S. Kennedy, the crazy cop dude from Resident Evil 2. See him in these first shots.

After surviving the horrors he faced with Claire Redfield in Racoon City, it looks as though Leon's ditched his police gear, grown his hair into a ruggedly heterosexual mop and has plunged deep into "the cradle of the progenitor virus," according to Capcom's trailer.

The footage shows Leon walking around incredibly lit stone corridors brimming with fine detail. Little was shown of gameplay, but the atmosphere engendered by the trailer is instant and solidly in keeping with previous instalments.

Little else is known as yet, aside from a release date of "200X". At least being surrounding by zombies hasn't robbed legendary producer Shinji Mikami of his sense of humour.

----------------------------------

Oh how I love the Resident Evil games.

Tyreal Dalarsco
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:32:52 PM
Totaly. My neighbour has 2 and 3, and I'm getting 1 and 0 for the Cube sometime.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:21:12 PM
Never really been a big fan but it seems like it's gonna be a good game

Morgan Evanar
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:36:59 PM
Ummmmm yeah... I don't like survival horror games because after being a lifelong FPS player (including really realistic ones like Infiltration and RB6) and games like Heretic 2...

The controls are needlessly inflexible and god awful. I fight the game more than I fight the stuff in the game. Also, RE is hardly "crap your pants." Only 3 games hold that, IMO: Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, and System Shock 2.

System Shock 2 + A3D 2.0 + Headphones = aureal mindscrewing.

Sanis Prent
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:46:50 PM
Agreed. While the original Resident Evil was interesting...it takes far more than shock factor to scare.

System Shock 2 will make grown men cry in terror.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 16th, 2002, 01:28:20 AM
I don't like any of those games. I hate undead things. Freak me out. Had a nightmare when I was a kid with a skel running after me... That, and another nightmare with a giant evil horse... I hate both. I can't stand them. Horses, I just hate. Skels, I am afraid of. Or zombies. Things which NEED TO STAY DEAD!!! I hated having to shot a creature a dozen time or more to kill it. I hate it. Change them to giant man-eating chickens, I can deal with it. I just hate undead things. They freak me out.

Gurney Devries
Nov 16th, 2002, 01:46:33 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=1999-09-29&res=l

Oriadin
Nov 18th, 2002, 07:09:14 AM
Its the idea of the virus and the story that goes with RE that scares me the most. It seems doable, if you see what I mean. RE1 was a bit hard for me, I was a fair bit younger at the time mind. RE 2 is what got me hooked on the series and Code Veronica scared me half to death.

Whether you a fan of the series or not, youve at least got to admire the graphics. I am really, looking forward to seeing these games.

Sanis Prent
Nov 18th, 2002, 08:41:38 AM
Sentient AI with deity complexes scare me more.

Oriadin
Nov 19th, 2002, 08:31:08 AM
I may have had a come back line to that, if I knew what that meant.

Dae Jinn
Nov 19th, 2002, 09:47:23 PM
I've played all the games with the exception of CV. Pretty good, I enjoyed them.

Originally posted by Oriadin
Its the idea of the virus and the story that goes with RE that scares me the most.

You should really watch the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead, and the rest of the Dead series by George A Romero Ori.:D Basically same kind fo storyline....:lol

Sejah Haversh
Nov 19th, 2002, 09:47:24 PM
Can I please kill something that's alive? I'm sorry, there's no way I'm into Zombie games because they are not scientificvally possible, and well, the movie cheesed me off somethign fierce. The virus could not work. And if a zombie were to lose its heart, lungs, or brain, it would be dead. Shot in the chest = dead. The body requires oxygen in the blood to activate muscles,a nd heep the brain alive. No lungs or heart, then the oxygen doesn't come in, and the brain dies and begins to deteriorate after four minutes. The optical areas go fast, so don't expect a zombie to be able to see you...

Main reason I didn't like Onimusha, I want to kill live things. Not the undead.

Ugh, well, I guess this series has a fanbase, though, for it keeps on making sequels. Then again, there are now how many sequels to The Land Before Time?

Sorry, Oriadin, nothing personal, but I never liked those games.

Nupraptor
Nov 19th, 2002, 09:56:13 PM
I don't mind stretching the boundaries of science. It's called the suspension of disbelief. But the games are hardly scary. "Here's 10,000 zombies, a few boss critters and lots of really big guns with tons of ammo. Oh, and things are going to jump in through the window." It's almost funny: When I pass in front of a window, and the camera agle suspiciously changes, I usually wind up shooting whatever comes out of it before it lands on the ground. They're decent action/puzzle-solving games... but not horror. I prefer Silent Hill's approach of letting you wander just about anywhere you want. I enjoyed Code Veronica because it seemed like Capcom was definitely taking a nod from SH.

Then again, I believe RE:CV was developed by Sega, not Capcom.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Nov 20th, 2002, 05:43:10 AM
Bah! RE isn't scary it's just a damn game...I mean I've played all the game I've done all the recommendation (Drink a couple of beers take out the lights and and start playing at midnight) Still it doesn't scare me a bit. :x.....I don't understan WHY! ;____;

Oriadin
Nov 20th, 2002, 07:21:06 AM
Sejah, you like light sabers, or at least I asume you do as you like star wars and they are scientifically impossible. Its all about imagination I guess. I dont really think about the hows and whys, I just wanna play :)

Nupraptor, CV was made by Capcom and not every window that has a suspicious angle. Usually there isnt plenty of ammo either. You have to be fairly resorcefull.

I have to say that the RE games do scare me and Im pretty glad about it too because for me, its what makes it exciting. I really cant wait for the future releases.

Nupraptor
Nov 20th, 2002, 02:46:58 PM
To get the most out of the Dreamcast, Sega developed a gorgeous 3D engine suited to the limitations of trademark Resident Evil gameplay for CapcomSega developed the engine. That's apparently what I was thinking of.

And yes: Just about every time something is going to burst through a window, they change the camera angle to something other than the normal one. Why don't they just have things stop bursting through windows?

Being limited to a fixed camera angle is annoying in the first place.

Kelt Simoson
Nov 20th, 2002, 05:49:48 PM
Originally posted by Sejah Haversh
Can I please kill something that's alive? I'm sorry, there's no way I'm into Zombie games because they are not scientificvally possible, and well, the movie cheesed me off somethign fierce. The virus could not work. And if a zombie were to lose its heart, lungs, or brain, it would be dead. Shot in the chest = dead. The body requires oxygen in the blood to activate muscles,a nd heep the brain alive. No lungs or heart, then the oxygen doesn't come in, and the brain dies and begins to deteriorate after four minutes. The optical areas go fast, so don't expect a zombie to be able to see you...

Main reason I didn't like Onimusha, I want to kill live things. Not the undead.

Ugh, well, I guess this series has a fanbase, though, for it keeps on making sequels. Then again, there are now how many sequels to The Land Before Time?

Sorry, Oriadin, nothing personal, but I never liked those games.

Well to be honest nor are some other games that are out that you might of played...lets be honest.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 26th, 2002, 04:14:09 AM
Um, I'm a bit lost as to the use of my quote with what you said. Could you please explain?

Kelt Simoson
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:17:10 PM
scientificvally possible

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 28th, 2002, 09:42:25 PM
I like the RE games, I really liked RE 2 it was a great game, really the scariest part was that big thing that came after you all the time, one time I was on a balcony and the thing jumped up and scared the crap out of me. What sucks now though is the games are just on Gamecube and I have a PS2. Well maybe they will release it for the PC I at least can hope.

Oriadin
Nov 29th, 2002, 04:51:18 AM
I think they probably will eventually. Exclusive console games dont seem to count for PC, which is good :D

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 29th, 2002, 10:22:12 AM
Well that is always a good thing. Still they said CV was exclusive to Dreamcast and they changed that. I think its going to end up depending on Gamecube situation there, Capcom could down the road (a year from now or so) release a PS2 port but it will all depend on how well it sells for the GC.

Oriadin
Dec 6th, 2002, 07:39:24 PM
If a game is popular enough then any exclusive title will end up multi format because the deal to make the game exclusive only usually runs for a certain period of time.

Ansatsu
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:24:32 PM
I AM THE BIGGEST RE FAN!!! NO ONE KNOWS AS MUCH AS ME!!!!! I HAVE READ THE BOOKS AND PLAYED AND BEATEN ALL THE GAMES!!!!! CHALLENGE ME WITH ANY AND ALL RE TRIVIA!!!!!!

Zatania Duvall
Dec 30th, 2002, 04:59:13 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEE! Awesome! Now I definately must have a game cube!