PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lightsabers (Council)

Oriadin
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:45:50 AM
Oriadin entered the room where the wise members of the council sat. It wasnt very often that the Padawan of Helenias found himself coming before the council. He approached and stood in the middle of the room, before bowing as a mark of respect.

--Almost 30 days ago, my Master, Helenias requested that I begin work on constructing my own lightsaber. I have almost completed it now, well, I have infact completed it and I need to test it. Unfortunatly, the energy cells need to be charged and Im not sure how you go about doing that.

My master told me I was not allowed to ask other Jedi how to build my saber, but I could access any archive I wished. Now, I dont wish to get into any trouble but im not sure if her instructions included me not being able to ask how to charge the energy cells or not. As im sure youve done the same with your padawans, perhaps you know if you can help me or not? Or if not, can any of you point me in the direction of where to look?--

He stood patiently and silent as he awaited someone to answer.

OOC: Thread where Im building my lightsaber is here http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24294

Liam Jinn
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:19:37 PM
Liam scratched his chin for a moment, looking at Oriadin thoughtfully.

"Well, as much as I would like to, I can't help you on this one. This to me appears as part of the whole saber-building process, and I would not like to violate your masters' wishes."

Oriadin
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:03:43 PM
Oriadin looked somewhat disapointed, but he was greatfull that Liam had answerd him. He'd obviously thought about it.

--Can you not at least point me in a right direction Master, or is that not allowed either?--

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 15th, 2002, 02:34:06 AM
If anything could rouse my attention from the wanderings of my mind it most certanly would be Lightsabers. "Alas, Oriadin... There is much I could tell you of this art. Long have I studied the history and construction of these our most intimate of weapons. In these studies I have come across the fact that no two weapons are alike... just as no two wielders are alike. They can be pure, intense, and sacred, but they can just as easily become evil and corrupted. Your Master, Helenias, is wise to have you complete yours alone. Of course, that makes your search for answers much harder. I have a few sources in my private collection that may have the answers you seek, but I will consult with your master and see if she is allright with me lending them to you. Until that time, I charge you to seek your answers in the Force, drawing upon it's power and the knowledge of those that have passed before, to guide you in your search. "

Oriadin
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:30:30 AM
Oriadin bowed.

--Thank you Master Ryla. I will not waste any more of your time.--

Oriadin backed slowly out of the council chamber and made his way back to his living quarters. He was no closer to knowing what he had to do than we he had set out for answers earlier.

Creating a lightsaber was a tiresome, slow procedure and one that took a great deal of patience to master. It was fustraiting at times but Oriadin kept faith in the fact that it would be well worth it in the end.