PDA

View Full Version : LOTR/Star Wars Linkage

Figrin D'an
Nov 13th, 2002, 10:23:08 PM
I've been watching the extras in the FOTR: EE, and came across a little tidbit I'm sure everyone will find interesting.

In the sub-documentary about the storyboards and previsualization of the films, Peter Jackson talks about how, in the early stages of adapting the books, he met with Rick McCallum about the pre-vis work being done on the Star Wars prequels. McCallum invited Jackson to stop by "The Ranch" the next time he was state-side if he wanted to learn more. A few weeks later, Jackson did so, met with McCallum and George Lucas, and got a big tour of Lucasfilms pre-vis department. They then offered to help Jackson set up his own pre-vis work on LOTR. Jackson, in the documentary, give major props to both McCallum and Lucas for helping out in that area.

Pretty neat that these two major film projects are linked even further, beyond a common actor (Christoper Lee) and melded fan base. :)

Nupraptor
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:38:54 AM
I'm watching the second Special Features disc now... Christopher Lee is scary. :) He speaks Elvish off the top of his head.

ReaperFett
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:39:38 AM
And the guy who played Typho was in both IIRC :)

I heard they met, didnt realise it was helping out too though.

JMK
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:47:47 AM
Who did Typho play?

ReaperFett
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:49:15 AM
One of the bad things :)

JMK
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:56:08 AM
Oh. Those things.

ReaperFett
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:13:05 AM
Lurtz