PDA

View Full Version : Houdini in Diapers

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:45:46 PM
Jax climbed out of his crib, and walked towards the door to his room, seemingly always off balance because he walked on the tips of his toes. Jax stumbled through the door which swished open magically for him. It had been closed, but not locked, but the outer door to the Tondry 'bachelor' apartment was another problem. However...the nanny droid was not a problem. Dad was gone...the word 'training' had been used, and Jax, at two years old, knew how to get around a droid. It was in the main room, powered down as he took his nap for the afternoon.

It was programmed to 'wake up' when he did, but it hadn't heard anything yet. Wait... Jax giggled, and threw a ball down the small hallway towards the tiny kitchenette. The droid's visual receptors blinked on, and it moved towards the kitchen calling for Jax, as he escaped out the front door.

He giggled, running away on his tiptoes, about to fall at any moment, his momentum alone keeping him upright. After a few yards of dashing away, Jax slowed down, sure he had made it clean away. He snuck around a few corners, through a few doors, and was soon completely lost.

But it didn't matter at all to the little boy. People were walking by, not paying much attention to the tiny being who was only knee high to most of them. He stayed near the walls, looking up wide-eyed, his mouth in a little pink 'O' at the different species around him.

Around another corner and he ran into a leg, falling down backwards onto his rump. He decided crawling was also good, so crawled between the feet in front of him, and started off again. Exploring was fun!

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:48:56 PM
Zeke bent double and watched the toddler crawl away.

"Jedi just get smaller."

He scratched his head and stood, following the baby as he crawled along. The boy was only two, couldn't know many words.

"Hey little guy."

Maybe he could get the baby's attention.

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:52:19 PM
Jax stopped, aware he'd been noticed. He looked over his shoulder, which involved half sitting-up and turning his entire body, and then sat up completely, regarding the being curiously. "Hi!" He grinned, and waved, holding up his hand and moving his fingers up and down.

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:54:00 PM
Zeke raised a brow.

"Hi."

He squatted down, looking the kid eye to eye.

"What'cha doin' in here?"

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:00:06 PM
"I's cr'walin'...an shoab in la minna biddit." His speech was a mixture of badly pronounced Basic, and just plain gibberish. Jax reached out towards the new friend, and poked him in the lip with his index finger. He giggled, and clapped his hands, pleased about something.

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:04:08 PM
Zeke simply raised a brow. He hadn't understood a word, and ignored Jax's poke.

"Swizzle."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:17:02 PM
He regarded his friend, and tilted his head to the side, getting a fresh perspective on him. "Schwizz..." Jax beamed, his serious look gone once more.

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:20:26 PM
Zeke looked about. No one seemed to be watching him.

"You got a mom and/or dad, li'l guy?"

If he did, Zeke would have to find them and return the kid. Though none of the Jedi here would kidnap him, he didn't like the idea of the kid alone.

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:29:24 PM
Jax lost interest, and turned away, using the wall to help him up to his feet, and then taking off at a run again. He found an open door, and tripped through it, sprawling to the ground once more.

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:36:11 PM
Zeke picked the child up and held him at arms length.

"Chill, kid. You're gonna hurt yourself."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:40:06 PM
"I's nopa hurn me a' I's habin' fun!" Jax wriggled, trying to free himself while complaining bitterly at his treatment at the hands of his 'friend.'

AmazonBabe
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:40:23 PM
:: AB looked down at the child that had just brust through the door she was about to walk through, spilling himself along her feet. Her face lit up into a smile. She'd always loved children, but she'd never invisioned one being thrown at her feet. ::

Well, hello there.

:: She watched as Zeke helped the boy up, addressing the boy. ::

You didn't get hurt falling, did you?

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:44:04 PM
Zeke looked to AB.

"Is he yours?"

AmazonBabe
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:54:19 PM
:: She looked at the boy. ::

As much as I'd love to have a child of my own someday, no, he's not mine.

:: She reached over towards the boy and plucked him from Zeke's hands, carrying him properly. ::

Which direction did you see him coming from?

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:57:34 PM
Zeke sighed, glad to have someone around who could help him take care of the kid.

"Wasn't lookin'. He ran into me out in the hall."

AmazonBabe
Nov 13th, 2002, 10:06:07 PM
Well, best to retrace the steps he may have taken.

Zeke, show me where it was he bumped into you.

:: She walked through the door the boy had come through, and made her way down the hallway, following Zeke. She looked at the child as they walked. He seemed to be busy trying to tie her long hair in knots, so she let him be. But she did ask a question. ::

What's your name?

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 10:27:03 PM
Zeke stopped next to a pillar.

"I was chillin here waitin on Kindo. He's up to something around here somewhere."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 13th, 2002, 11:01:18 PM
He squalled, angry that the woman was taking him back the way he'd come. Jax squirmed in her arms, and then arched his little back, making himself as difficult to hold onto as possible. The new being, with bright hair, was talking, but he didn't want to talk, he wanted to run!

Jax frowned and pouted, and let his entire body go limp as her grasp attempted to tighten. He lolled in her arms, nearly falling out, close to attaining freedom once more. "Lessa go!" He proclaimed loudly, and frowned at Zeke disaprovingly.

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 11:11:54 PM
Zeke blinked.

"What'cha mad at me for? I'm not the one that had the idea to take you back, kiddo."

Liam Jinn
Nov 13th, 2002, 11:16:23 PM
Liam walked out into the hall and almost into the three already standing there. He stopped and peered catiously into AB's arms.

"Now what is that?" He said in a joking tone.

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 13th, 2002, 11:29:23 PM
Annoyed at the face peering at him, Jax tensed up and batted his arm out, hitting the newcomer squarely in the nose with the side of his fist.

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 11:37:32 PM
Zeke didn't miss a beat, and with a note of humorous sarcasm spoke a single sentence.

"AB had my kid."

Liam Jinn
Nov 13th, 2002, 11:37:43 PM
Liam backed away and rubbed his nose, raising his eyebrow at the kid. He mockingly sniffs the air, and continues to rub his nose.

"Damn kids..."

AmazonBabe
Nov 13th, 2002, 11:55:17 PM
:: AB turned her head slowly towards Zeke, raising an eyebrow. ::

Thanks for being so clear, honey.

:: She winced slightly as the child smacked Liam on the nose. Sighing she shook her head, and admonished the boy. ::

Now, now. We don't go hitting people. It's rude and definitely not a nice thing to do.

:: She continued down the hallway where Zeke had said the child had come from, intent on finding the boy's apartment. And even though he squirmed and fidgeted, she didn't let go. ::

Ok, now we're going to find your home. Now, you have to be nice and cooperate. If you do... I'll give you some candy.

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:00:46 AM
He'd run around so many corners that Rie missed the one he'd turned to get into this hallway, and continued walking straight down the hall. He wriggled and whimpered, and sulked. The mention of candy didn't excite him. He hadn't ever had any, as his father believed in getting him started eating right from the beginning.

"Lemma go!" He sat in her arms like a sack of potatoes and sulked, almost hitting her in the shoulder, but then only tapping her lightly, as he remembered her admonishment from before.

AmazonBabe
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:10:54 AM
:: AB stopped, not quite knowing where to go next. She looked up the hallway, and down, and then just looked at Zeke. ::

Well, I don't know about you, but I have no idea where to go next.

:: She looked down at the boy, who'd stopped his wriggling, but was sulking. And then she thought of something. ::

Maybe his clothes have a name on them... on the tag.

:: She tried to reach behind him, but he began wriggling again. ::

Zeke... see if you can't... see if there's a name... on the tag.

:: It was during this time of the boy wriggling and AB holding him and Zeke trying to see the tag, that she saw something shimmer slightly under the long sleeve on the boys arm. ::

Hang on...

:: She took hold of the boys wrist gently, yet firmly, and pulled the sleeve up with the Force, revealing an ID bracelet. In a moment, she was able to read it. ::

So, your name is Jax, and it looks like your parents left a comm number in the event you got lost.

:: She looked at Zeke. ::

You got a commlink on ya?

Zeke
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:48:20 AM
Zeke reached into his pockets, burying his arms up to his elbows. Zeke liked his deep pockets, he kept half his room in them...a datapad, some creds, his lightsabers in a hidden pocket sewn higher up on his pants for easy retrieval, and...a...commlink!

"Here ya go. I'll trade you my commlink for the baby," he said with a jesting smile.

Oriadin
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:43:07 AM
Oriadin walked along the corridor and saw a struggling little baby along with AB, Zeke and Liam Jinn. He was reading from his datapad as he went and smiled towards the group.

--Having fun?--

He said jokingly as he continued on his walk

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:36:39 AM
Wei had been sitting in the corner, taking a nap. Most people that knew Wei had found out about Wei's habit of taking up temporary residence in odd places.

"So, how many Jedi does it take to care for one baby?"

Wei shook and made a strange snickering sound as he resisted the urge to laugh.

Zeke
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:56:02 PM
"Two and a half! Liam's not doing alot."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:20:36 PM
Jax reached for the commlink and pulled it out of Zeke's hands when he was distracted by Wei. He chuckled, and put it in his mouth.

Liam Jinn
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:57:29 PM
"Bah, I did my share. The thing doesn't seem to like me."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 14th, 2002, 04:58:59 PM
"Zeke, if you aren;t careful, he's gonna eat your comm."

Wei chuckled. "Kid, if you are hungry, we can all go get some food." Wei shrugged and addressed Zeke. "He's probably teething."

AmazonBabe
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:13:56 PM
:: AB chuckled. ::

Three Jedi and a Baby.

:: It was at that point Jax reached for the commlink and began to place it in his mouth. AB reacted before thinking, snatching the commlink from the little hands before Jax could bite down on it. ::

No, Jax. That's not for eating.

:: She handed Jax to Zeke, producing a gummy candy in the shape of an X-Wing from her satchel and handing it to Jax. ::

THIS is for eating.

:: While the child busied himself gnawing at an s-foil, she looked to Zeke. ::

Careful, he squirms but good.

:: Then she thumbed the commlink on and punched in the numbers for the comm she wished to reach. She waited for someone to answer. ::

Zeke
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:16:04 PM
Zeke grinned and got a good grip on Jax.

"Not a problem."

Liam Jinn
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:21:27 PM
He watched as Zeke's grip tightened on the young one.

"Zeke, I'm not sure...but I don't think you should have ahold of his neck like that..."

Zeke
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:24:47 PM
"Neck?"

Zeke had one arm under the child's rump and the other across his back, keeping the kid from being able to go slack and make Zeke drop him.

"Dunno what you're talkin' about."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:01:57 PM
The X-wing was good eating, and Jax tested his teeth cautiously in the gummy candy. At two he had quite a few teeth, so he soon had bitten it in half. He played with the candy, putting it in his mouth, but still holding onto it, getting his hands all sticky from a mixture of saliva and candy.

He pulled it out again and pronounced, "Good!" Jax grinned and held the slobbered on half towards Zeke's face, almost touching his lips with it.

Zeke
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:09:15 PM
Zeke leaned back reflexively.

"Nah, that's yours pal. You eat it."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:46:47 PM
"Shware!" Jax offered the sweet again, trying to push it through into Zeke's mouth as AB tried the comm channel.

Zeke
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:47:40 PM
Zeke leaned again.

"Sharing is good pal, but I'm not hungry. Thanks though."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:02:40 PM
Jax yawned, having missed his nap, and dropped the leftover bit of candy on the ground. He giggled as it hit the floor and bounced away a little before settling on the floor. He grinned, and then looked at Zeke apologetically. "Dwopped it."

Zeke
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:19:08 PM
"Meh, wouldn't worry about it."

Zeke floated it to a garbage bin.

"Check it. Floating candy."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:39:57 PM
Jax's eyes went wide, and he immediately started searching for something else to drop.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:24:20 AM
The comm twittered with a brusque recognition. "State your business."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:34:32 PM
"Da!" Jax forgot about the floating candy, and stretched for the commlink again. "I'sa nu fwiends!"

AmazonBabe
Nov 15th, 2002, 02:35:32 PM
:: AB had been watching the look of awe on the boys face as the X-Wing "flew" into the trash can like it were a hangar bay when the commlink came to life with talk. ::

:: The boys sudden recognition smile told her he knew the voice, and it wasn't difficult to understand his first word of "da". She answered the voice. ::

Hello, good sir. I wished to inform you that we found a boy, perhaps your son, wandering the halls with no adult or nanny droid. His ID bracelet had your comm channel on it.

We've been attempting to locate his apartment, but not knowing which direction he came from, the attempt has been fruitless.

Perhaps you can aid us?

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:32:37 PM
He squirmed trying harder to reach the comm, and started squalling as Zeke held him firmly. No escape this time! "Daaaaaaaaa!"

Zeke
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:46:10 PM
"Hey, hey, chill pal..."

He held Jax tightly, hugging him close, trying to think of how to calm him down.

"AB, what's the matter with him?"

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 17th, 2002, 02:18:08 PM
Jax, frustrated that he couldn't be near his Dad, who he could hear quite well through the commlink, flailed his arms and legs in his attempt to get away from Zeke. He frowned mightily, and pointed at Zeke. "Ba' Zee!"

Zeke
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:48:19 PM
"Bad? I'm just holdin' ya pal. Besides, we gotta wait for Miss AB to tell your Daddy to come here and get you."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 18th, 2002, 10:35:19 AM
Wei smiled. "Fold his arms across his tummy and put his knees under his chin so he's curled up in a ball. And hold him tightly. He can;t move his arms, and all he can do is kick his little feet. He won;t get away, you won;t get hurt."

Wei took the squirming Jax from Zeke and folded the little boy into a ball.

"Like this. Hi Jax, my name is Wei."

Liam Jinn
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:24:32 PM
Liam shook his head at Wei, then slapped him across the back of the head.

"You know if he struggles long enough he can hurt himself."

He took the baby from Wei's grasp and looked at it curiously. The Jedi Master smiled before the baby lifted up into the air and hovered at eye-level with the older Jedi. Liam held the child steady with the force.

"...Besides, this works just as well.."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 19th, 2002, 05:44:00 PM
Wei took the blow gracefully and shrugged. "I can;t remember getting hurt when my dad did it to me. He did that to me until I got to big for him to carry like that. I never got hurt once. And I fought forever when he got me like that."

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 20th, 2002, 11:35:59 PM
Jax frowned and scolded the men around him, and then looked down towards the ground. "Canny?" He was floating just like the candy had...and he looked worriedly over at the garbage can. It was just the right size for him to be stuffed into.

He started squalling again, and Liam jerked away from him, losing control over the levitation as a painful sensation flooded into his mind, like feedback over a microphone. Jax fell.

AmazonBabe
Nov 21st, 2002, 01:28:07 AM
:: AB reacted much faster than she would have even given herself credit for. Just as Liam had used the Force to levitate the boy, AB did the saem, save she used the Force to slow the boys descent and brought him to her. Now holding him in one hand, she spoke into the comm with the other, holding it tightly so Jax wouldn't grab it out of her hands. ::

:: She merely looked at Liam and shook her head and smiled. Boys would be boys... no matter what the age. ::

Pierce Tondry
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:37:02 AM
A slight choking noise came from the other end of the comm. "He did what?" the speaker spluttered.

After an exasperated huff, the voice continued. "Yeah, my apartment is room 102 in section B-21. If you show Jax to the door scanner, you should be able to get him back in the apartment. If you don't mind, would you be able to watch him until I get there? I'm in the middle of something and need a few minutes to get free."

AmazonBabe
Nov 21st, 2002, 07:51:04 PM
:: AB nodded to the commlink, even though the man on the other end couldn't see her nodding. ::

Alright, I'll take him back to his apartment and watch him until you return.

:: She turned the commlink off, and handed it back to Zeke. ::

Thanks for the commlink, Zeke. Now to get this tyke back to his home.

:: She carried Jax all the way back to room 102, section B-12. There it took her and Zeke awhile to get Jax to stand somewhat straight where the door scanner could detect him. After that, the door slid open and let the trio in. ::

:: Inside, AB saw a nanny droid fluttering about, and then calming down at the sight of Jax. In a melodious female voice, it spoke to her. ::

Nanny droid: Oh, thank goodness you found Jax. Mr. Tondry would be ever so worried if he returned and found his son missing. Thank you.

:: AB smiled at the droid. ::

You're quite welcome. As it is, Jax's father has asked that i watch the boy until his return.

Nanny droid: Oh, that's quite alright indeed. Please make yourself comfortable while I prepare a pot of tea.

:: AB watched the droid wheel off. She raised her eyebrows and let out a small sigh, before sitting herself on the couch. She let Jax go, who found a toy to wander off with and then turned to Zeke. ::

You wanna maybe station yourself at the door and make sure Houdini here doesn't escape again?

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 22nd, 2002, 02:26:05 AM
Jax was unhappy to be home, for at least three minutes, and then he found his ball, which he brought to AB. "Ball!" He shouted the word, and then threw the ball down hard to the ground, still not having a firm grasp on appropriate velocities to use when one is less than three feet tall. The ball hit the ground and then leapt back into the air, much to his delight.

He chased it around the room, trying to pick it up, but managing to push it with his fingers away from himself every time. Jax frowned, and then sat on the ball. There! Now it wouldn't get away.

Zeke
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:50:29 PM
Zeke stood in the doorway with a slight smile. The ball squirted from under the baby's bottom and floated before him, borne into the air by the Force. It zipped away in a zigzag, as if daring the baby to catch it. Zeke simply shrugged as AB quirked a brow.

"My levitation's pretty bad. Why not practice it and keep Jax occupied?"

AmazonBabe
Nov 25th, 2002, 08:50:57 PM
:: AB simply laughed. ::

Nah, I think he enjoys the zigzaging. Besides, you did fairly well with that gummy X-Wing back in the cooridor.

:: She watched as the ball zipped past in front of her with a laughing Jax trailing after it. ::

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 27th, 2002, 11:16:04 PM
Jax tripped over AB's feet and tumbled to the ground. Tired as he was from missing his nap, he immediately started crying. Unconsolable, he clung to AB as she picked him up and just cried and cried, wiping his face, and nose, on her shoulder.

AmazonBabe
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:24:53 PM
:: AB rocked Jax gently while she sat on the couch, humming a soft melody she remembered her mother humming to her so many years ago when she had been a child. ::

:: For quite a few minutes, Jax wouldn't stop crying and he burried his face in her shoulder. But after a few minutes, the sobs began to soften as he tuckered himself out. Pretty soon he was sleeping soundly, using AB's shoulder for a pillow. She continued to rock him, but even more gently now, as her humming became softer. ::

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Nov 29th, 2002, 02:29:15 PM
Jax whimpered one last time, and then gave up, his eyes closed and his breathing steady as AB continues to hum to him.

Zeke
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:36:36 AM
Zeke continued to float the ball around, though Jax was now snoozing.

"You're cool. I'm no good with kids."

Pierce Tondry
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:22:22 PM
A hand clapped onto Zeke's shoulder. "Long as you're good with something, it doesn't matter."

Pierce Tondry walked past Zeke, into the room. He was in full riot gear and holding a nasty looking projectile launcher of some kind. The look came complete with a few smoking blaster scars scattered across the suit. "Mistress Mystt," he said. "I thought I recognized your voice. Sorry it took me... I was a bit busy."

AmazonBabe
Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:22:33 PM
:: AB smiled at Zeke as Tondry came in. She continued smiling, looking up at Tondry from her seat. ::

Hello, Pierce. Good to see you again.

:: She didn't dare move from her spot on the couch so as not to disturb the napping baby in her arms. ::

Jax just fell asleep. I think he's had a long day exploring the "outside" world.

:: She gave Tondry a once over. ::

And it seems to me like you've had a long day yourself.

Zeke
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:09:16 PM
Zeke's done here, so he simply ducks out. AB will give Pierce his kid back and everything'll be hunky dory. But he makes a note to watch out for Jax in the future, should he ever escape again.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 12th, 2002, 10:40:52 PM
"Hey, thanks," Pierce called out, hoping Zeke heard him.

Then he turned to AB. "Yeah, I was a bit involved," he said with a wry grin. "If I got any more detailed, I'd have to kill you."

He looked at his sleeping son, then his gaze continued to the projectile launcher. "If you'll excuse me for a sec," he said, and headed into another room.

He returned a minute later without the armor and weaponry. "Thanks for looking after him. Little guy means the world to me. If I may?" he asked, holding out his arms.

AmazonBabe
Dec 17th, 2002, 05:27:14 PM
Of course.

:: AB stood up slowly so as not to disturb the sleeping child, and let Tondry take him from her. ::

He's a handful alright, but when he sleeps, he's an angel.

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:26:17 PM
Jax snuggled into his father's arms, and stuck his thumb into his mouth. Angelic? Perhaps. But then again, perhaps not.

It had been a great adventure, and quite rewarding for the little boy. Candy and new friends.... not to mention running in the hallways. He yawned, and settled down to rest up for his next outing.