PDA

View Full Version : Admin / Moderation changes proposed.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:06:06 PM
I'd like some comments on this proposal I will outline below.

For a bit of time, I have been looking at the moderation lists and thinking about how often we have to moderate - I believe the way we do business could be done better. So, I've run this idea by Figrin and Morgan to see what they think. They seem to think it could work, so I now post for more comment.

I believe we dotn need forum specific moderators. We have four highly active board moderators who can handle GJO well (Nav, myself, Morgan and Figrin) and we have a good time spread - and we also have Yoghurt, who is online as well when the rest of us aint.

Whoops, five active. AB is on as well.

So, this is what I propose. We drop all forum specific moderators. I would also think as Leia is not about, her powers as board modertaor go to Ryla. To really give us full coverage, I would also seek to have Chris (SW-Fans) officially approved to moderate. Plus, with other SW-Fans moderators also lurking this board, we have an awful lot of cverage if soemthing gets out of hand and none of the GJO Board mods are on. I just dont see the need for forum specifics, not at the activity level we have now.

OKay, that's my ramblings. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Morgan Evanar
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:08:58 PM
Go.

Lady Vader
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:17:20 PM
Sure thing. Sounds ok to me. :)

TheHolo.Net
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:23:16 PM
SWFans.Net RP mods do have the ability to moderate in these forums as well, but normally don’t out of courtesy to it belonging to GJO. If you were to let them know that if the need arose they were allowed to moderate here I suspect they would be willing and understanding. As for doing away with forum specific and inactive mods I agree.

I also agree that I could help out here as needed as well if it is wanted by the staff here, but it would probably be best to list myself as a GJO mod in your forums so people understand that it is with the permission of GJO staff and not just me playing dictator in forums where I am not a staff member.

Figrin D'an
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:38:32 PM
I agree with these changes. It greatly streamlines the board staff, and allowing SWFans to official mod for GJO just gives us another set of well-trained eyes.

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 18th, 2002, 01:52:17 AM
I would be willing to do this job... I say go for it.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 18th, 2002, 02:02:19 AM
OKay... 24 more hours, then I'll announce, then can it be made so?

( Chris, listing SWFans.net like that will be a good idea. Approved I am )

TheHolo.Net
Nov 18th, 2002, 02:22:28 AM
It can be made so in 24 hours.