PDA

View Full Version : St....Sta.....St......(People, I bring great news)

ReaperFett
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:24:03 PM
Star Wars Cartoon! :):):):):):D :D :D :D :D

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=13807

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:27:25 PM
OOOOH!! :D:crack:rollin

Zeke
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:45:28 PM
::dies of coolness::

JMK
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:09:10 PM
Wow. That sounds awesome! If true, then this would be the answer we're looking for. Instead of Lucas rushing and screwing up Episode 3, he can flesh out alot of the details that we talk about in an animated cartoon. And it would be canon if Lucas is doing it, so he won't have to worry about about him cramming it all in E3.

Nupraptor
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:11:55 PM
I still have a VHS tape of the Ewoks cartoon. :|

ReaperFett
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:15:38 PM
Friends together, friends forever....EWOKS! :)

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:50:45 PM
This oughta be cool to see.

Dae Jinn
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:54:16 PM
Ewoks was so much better than droids was :lol looks pretty cool, I wonder if we'll get it here :\

Sanis Prent
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:37:21 PM
YAY!

JediBoricua
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:08:28 PM
Now if they would do the same thing with the X-wing series...

*faints*

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:00:34 AM
I really like the idea, I hope they bring in Dini who is awesome with the JLA on Cartoon Network, maybe if this works they will bring some of the EU novels into animation, because that would be the only way to tell them.

Taylor Millard
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:09:59 AM
Dini and Bruce Timm would be awesome. :)

but the series itself sounds damn cool. If they do it.

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:14:48 AM
If the creative forces behind the Justice League series can get involved then this could really be something special. Batman: The Animated Series, the recent Superman cartoon, and JL are well written and drawn cartoons. I've been watching them for years. To think that Star Wars could be getting the same treatment gives me goosebumps. But there's danger here. Has anyone seen the new Transformers show? It comes across as pretty craptacular to me. I'd take the 80's cartoon over the new Armada series any day. It all depends on who the show gets handed over to.

I wasn't all that crazy about the old Droids and Ewoks cartoons. As a kid they were kind of boring because of the lack of main characters. They can avoid this by making sure we see Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, and especially Yoda. But if they dumb it down and focus on cute characters or spend an inordinate amount of time on non film characters then the show won't appeal to many kids. That's one of the reasons the Droids and Ewoks shows had such short runs. Kids wanted Luke and the gang, not R2 and someone they'd never seen before.

JMK
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:43:51 AM
Very true. It would be even better if they could get the real actors' voices for the cartoon. Only Frank Oz can do Yoda. :)

I hope that they stick with traditional animation too. If they go CG with it and it comes out looking like the Transformers Armada series I'll leap off a very tall bridge.

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:04:24 AM
BeastMasters (which I never really watched) was totally CG. It had its fans, but they were plenty of people who weren't intersted in seeing Optimus as a CG gorilla.

JMK
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:25:42 AM
I was one of them. That was one of the biggest disgraces ever!

BUFFJEDI
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:32:40 PM
I have a bad feeling about this:(

If they do anything I want them to wait until after EP3. I have alot of the same fears as JediEB(s) and I want nothing to take away from the starwars and it grand scale.

Optimus prime a monkey that's crap. and the new transformer's Armada !!!!bah crap!!He11 they have screwed He-man. I was SOOOO hyped for the New He-man ,and boy I refuse to watch it again.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:21:43 AM
The Force.net reported that their rumors say its true. I think it could be very cool, not sure how many of the actors they could get for it. I think Oz and Daniels and some of the other lesser known people would do it. Not sure about Jackson, Christenson, Portman and McGregor, it would all depend.

Taylor Millard
Nov 15th, 2002, 02:57:39 AM
Why not make it about different characters other than Obi, Anakin, and Padme?

Have it take place on an Old REpublic ship or something as they battle the psycho clones?

But...I've been surprised by 'big time' actors before. Look at Ed Asner doing all these animated stuff.

Never know.

Jedieb
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:08:54 AM
Why not make it about different characters other than Obi, Anakin, and Padme?
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! My big problem with that kind of show is I remember how I felt as a kid. I was all excited about seeing Star Wars as a cartoon and then all I got were bland shows that had nothing to do with Luke, Han, Leia, or Chewie. To have a show without Anakin, Obi-Wan, or Yoda would be a travesty IMO. I've got no problem with interesting background characters like Plo Koon getting big roles, but if they're made the focus instead of the main characters then I'd be greatly dissapointed.

ReaperFett
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:51:00 AM
Id rather it focused on different characters, but not neccesarily new ones. For example, an episode focussing on Mace, Ki-Adi, Plo, Aayla (If they keep her background:)) and so forth. I hate the idea that we will get a series of "Obi Wan and Anakin go to generic planet X to rescue generic person Y, while Padmé says something". It would just get repetetive, which is the main reason why I have no intrest in the Marvel SW comics (Same four save the world again and again, YAWN)

Jedieb
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:57:12 AM
Those Marvel comics are alot more fun than the current; "Jedi nobody cares about is made more important than he really should be" storylines we get now. ;)

ReaperFett
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:10:58 AM
Well you say "noone cares about", but people do, else they wouldnt be used :)

Jedieb
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:30:22 AM
Kids want the main characters, plain and simple. Background guys may fun for SOME diehards, but they leave most kids scratching their heads going; "Where's Yoda?" :)

ReaperFett
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:37:02 AM
But this would EDUCATE! COme on, X-Men would have sucked if every episode was about Wolverine. Nah, give me Cyclops and Gambit adventures over that :)

JMK
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:03:28 AM
Cyclops and Gambit are main characters of X-Men. I wouldn't want to see a series made up of supporting characters. Sure keep Ki-Adi and Aayla around, and give them screen time, but don't cut out the main characters. GL has an opportunity to really develop the characters here before E3, so I think he should use it.

ReaperFett
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:05:43 AM
Cyclops and gambit are as main as Ki-Adi or Plo for me :)

GL has an opportunity to really develop the characters here before E3, so I think he should use it.
He'll be busy writing EP3. This will do as much as the comics and books, which apparently Lucas keeps a finer eye on, so they dont screw EP3 or vice versa.

Jedieb
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:46:18 PM
This is intended for a much broader audience. It can't be treated like a comic that caters to background characters. The farther they get away from screen characters the weaker the show will be and the less appeal it will have. The kids will want to see Yoda, not his third cousin named Karl. That would only appeal to a faction of EU devotees, not your average kid or even your average SW fan.

Sene Unty
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:48:37 PM
I know this is off the subject but......Yoda has a cousin named Karl!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

I don't care who they focus on has long as its interesting....

ReaperFett
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:56:38 PM
The kids will want to see Yoda, not his third cousin named Karl. That would only appeal to a faction of EU devotees, not your average kid or even your average SW fan.
If thats true, how did Ewoks get made ;)

Admiral Lebron
Nov 15th, 2002, 04:21:02 PM
I actually never saw the ewok movies, but I love ewoks.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:06:12 PM
Well I think they should split the focus. Like some episodes they devote to certain characters: Anakin and Obi-Wan and Padme are in focused in most episodes, Yoda should be in every one, the droids could be around, etc. What they could do is like JLA,which doesn't focus every episode on Superman or Batman and instead focus on 3-4 JLA membes: one episode could focus on Padme, Anakin, and Kit Fisto, while another focuses on Mace, Obi-Wan and Plo Koon. Doing that we get the best of both worlds in my opinion.

JMK
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:09:46 PM
If thats true, how did Ewoks get made
Because Ewoks are cute & cuddly in the eyes of kids. They were begging to be made into a cartoon. Federation droid armies and Long tentacles Jedi are not. Focusing on background characters would definetly be a mistake. In my opinion he should spread the focus but the central characters should always be in the forefront.

ReaperFett
Nov 15th, 2002, 06:02:34 PM
You telling me Aayla isnt cute and cuddly? ;)

JMK
Nov 15th, 2002, 06:15:45 PM
Striken from the record, that was below the belt! :p

ReaperFett
Nov 15th, 2002, 06:20:17 PM
Sometimes you have to fight dirty to win :)

ReaperFett
Nov 16th, 2002, 05:44:46 AM
The format will be serialized shorts to keep with the Star Wars Serial motif. These will not be half hour adventures, but more in the line of short films. These animated shorts will play inbetween two regular half hour cartoons in a fixed slot.
Oh joy. Forget characterisations then.

JMK
Nov 16th, 2002, 05:27:26 PM
What else were you expecting?

ReaperFett
Nov 16th, 2002, 06:44:57 PM
half hour adventures! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 16th, 2002, 08:41:28 PM
:cry

they should make a movie about me instead. :mad

;)

JMK
Nov 16th, 2002, 10:01:04 PM
Yeah! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 17th, 2002, 02:50:32 AM
Wow I didn't expect anyone to agree!

It'd be too boring. :)

ReaperFett
Nov 17th, 2002, 06:08:10 AM
No no, I agree too :)

Taylor Millard
Nov 17th, 2002, 07:21:24 AM
Then we'll makeit a documentary. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 17th, 2002, 01:48:30 PM
We could get CMJ to pen the script :)

Jedieb
Nov 17th, 2002, 04:17:04 PM
If thats true, how did Ewoks get made
Because everybody makes MISTAKES! :D The Ewoks movies were horrendous. They were so bad I didn't even bother watching the second one because the first one dissapointed me so badly. The cartoons were gone within a couple of seasons and quickly forgotten. The main effect of focusing on non main characters and Wickets bretheren was :zzz :zzz :zzz

Rast
Nov 17th, 2002, 04:55:59 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
they should make a movie about me instead.

I actually had an idea to make a cartoon/movie based on the characters here at SWFans, and once I graduate, if I can find the free time, I've considered making animated themes for some characters as well. But then, I have lots of crazy ideas. I just hope this Star Wars cartoon doesn't wind up like Armada. That'd be such a let down.

Ishan Shade
Nov 18th, 2002, 12:26:31 AM
:crack

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 18th, 2002, 03:26:15 AM
Hear this?

MOOOOOO!

This the sound of a cash cow being milked.

What is the point of what will in all likelyhood be a bad cartoon?

ReaperFett
Nov 18th, 2002, 04:06:48 AM
Marcus, there has been big demand for a SW cartoon for years. There was nearly one based on the YJK books infact.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 18th, 2002, 04:21:38 AM
If it's a good one, fine, I'll watch. But, you have any confidence in that?

Jedieb
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:02:02 AM
If the right people are involved it could be very good. But the potential for something craptacular is there. How much control is Lucas willing to give up? He's going to be too busy to have his hands all over it, but if he sticks his head in the door enough and says;
"I really think it would be great if we met Jar Jar's family!"

That could make this a nightmare. Weekly Gungan antics would break my heart.O_o

JMK
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:33:27 AM
I think there would definetly be some Gungan action. Gungans lend themselves to cartoon quite well. Maybe he could show their annihilation there.

Jedieb
Nov 18th, 2002, 10:30:53 AM
:shootin Me sah Jedi fightin' in da Clone Wars! Clone Wars bombad!

Good Lord.... >_<

JMK
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:50:17 AM
That would be positively shameful. :(

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:43:19 AM
Like to bet on the possibility it could happen?

Jedieb
Nov 19th, 2002, 10:06:25 AM
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

JMK
Nov 19th, 2002, 11:19:41 AM
Bite your tongue Marcus! They may be listening....

Sene Unty
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:05:35 PM
Oh for sure its gonna happen. How could they resist making a cartoon and not having Jar-jar falling on the ground like a complete idiot! I just hope he is not a central character! I couldn't imagine:

"Saturday Morning Gungan Fest"

I would rather tear the eyes from my head! :(

Jedieb
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:49:09 PM
I've got no problem with Jar Jar as long as we get him in AOTC style doses. Leave the comic relief where it should be, in the hands of prissy and attitude filled droids!

Sene Unty
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:51:19 PM
He was tolerable in AOTC but seeing him brought back bad memories. Very bad memories.......

Lady Vader
Nov 21st, 2002, 06:50:59 PM
Now if they would do the same thing with the X-wing series...

*faints*

AMEN!

*Faints^2*

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 21st, 2002, 11:34:26 PM
I was thinking something I hope they get the right people or else we could end up with something like the SW Holiday Special, that would be worse than seeing Jar Jar, I think.

Pilot Akito
Dec 3rd, 2002, 10:27:03 PM
Oh no not that !!!

AHHHHHH!!!

Not the SW Christmas Special...

*Faints in thread.*

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:06:00 PM
I think the Holiday Special could be a legitimate form of torture. :x

Ishan Shade
Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:40:52 PM
I second the man's opinion!

ReaperFett
Dec 4th, 2002, 03:14:59 AM
APparently this is dead in the water.

Jedieb
Dec 4th, 2002, 03:16:53 PM
Oh my god, they killed the SW cartoon series. YOU GREEDY BASTARDS!!!

JMK
Dec 4th, 2002, 04:46:11 PM
What happened?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:32:28 PM
I read its not dead but not looking good, there is problem with money, I think the Cartoon Network wants more from Lucasfilm and they aren't willing to give it, so unless either side caves in I guess it won't happen.

Sene Unty
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:09:22 PM
What the hell is Cartoon Network's problem?!?!?!?! Are they really gonna tell Lucasfilm to give them more money! Are they crazy? This thing would make a butt load of money so what the hell is their problem?