PDA

View Full Version : DVD deleted scenes. Which should have been included?

JMK
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:00:17 PM
I think the deleted scene with Padme's family is BY FAR the most relevant scene that was cut out. It's been talked about briefly in B.O., but this should become the thread for discussion of the deleted scenes.

Jinn Fizz
Nov 13th, 2002, 12:42:14 AM
I agree, the scenes with Padme's family had some great relevance to the story, and gave a lot of character development to Padme. Overall, she's got a pretty mysterious background, so to get a peek at who she really is and where she came from was really interesting.

The other deleted scenes...eh, most of them were either redundant or just didn't work right. Editing them out was ultimately a good idea.

I think I'm going to have nightmares about Mas Amedda's tongue now, thanks to the scene where Padme addresses the Senate. >_<

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:38:33 AM
Luke and Leia have an Aunt and Cousins!!! So why did Luke grow up with a step uncle? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:41:27 AM
Those scenes with Padme's family were very good. I liked the one with Dooku, it made him look more sinister, of course I understand why they wanted to leave it out.

Oriadin
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:52:27 AM
The meeting with Mace on the landing platform. I know they changed it around and added Yoda to a different part of the film but Obi Wan goes into more detail about his concerns for Anakin.

Jedieb
Nov 13th, 2002, 10:29:07 AM
Padme's family scenes and Oriadin's platform scene would have been my picks. That platform scene had good dialogue and some beautiful effects. The family scenes had some of Portman's best acting in the prequels. She was allowed to be more informal and human. Not a cold politician, but a young girl falling in love. It certainly would have helped set up her declaration to Anakin just before they're led into the arena.

Darth \/ader
Nov 24th, 2002, 08:40:51 PM
i think Lucas was right to leave out those scenes, none were really necessary and would have just slow the movie down.

i was hoping to see the extended duel of yoda & dooku, where dooku uses two sabers.

Master Aryalus
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:55:23 AM
Once again, although all the deleted scenes may seem relevant, but it made sense to get rid of them.

They would have slowed the story and cause loss of interest.

Jamel Croko'yn
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:24:23 AM
All the scenes will become relevant in the next movie, Im pretty sure they will expose more on Padme's past in the next movie, and thats the only relevant one to the characters really, otherwise it wasn't needed.

To answer someones question above about why Luke was placed away from his cousin and all is the fact that they didn't want him to be in an enviroment where he could find his sister. They didn't want to two to know each other for the fact that if they bond they could both be found by their father and be driven to the dark side. The Outer Rim was never a place inflicted with government, so Luke was placed out there, and Leia being a female in a male dominated universe would be considered harmless and only learn the ways of a politican. And also the idea came from Obi-Wan Kenobi, whatcha expect, lol

Darth23
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:54:59 PM
I liked all of Padme's at home scenes.

I liked the hangar scene, just becuase there was a hangar scene in every OT movie - even though they worked most of the stuff from that scene into other scenes.

I also like the idea of actually SHOWING that Anakin and Padme were put on trial before they got to the arena. There's not enugh time between the droid facotory action sequence and the final action sequences.

The analysis droid scene was fairly useless, except that quite often in dective stories, they investigator hits dead ends before he figures everythign out.

Darth23
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:00:22 AM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm
Luke and Leia have an Aunt and Cousins!!! So why did Luke grow up with a step uncle? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We don't even know of they'll be alive at the end of the last movie. :(

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 9th, 2003, 07:38:29 AM
NONE of the deleted scences on the DVD should have mde it. Most of them were unmitigated rubbish - why not extended fights or some of the other good stuff rumoured to have been filmed? Whu oh why did we have to put up with more and more lousy Padme crap? What a bunch of trite deleted scences. Surely there was better.

JMK
Jan 9th, 2003, 07:57:00 AM
The family scene was good, and should have been included in some capacity.

CMJ
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:43:14 PM
I liked the extended landing scene, that's pretty much the only one I would've kept.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:43:06 AM
I think they all should have been excluded now that I think about it.. The edit was done perfectly, and everything was done productively to the whole movie.

Nice job LucasArt Community