PDA

View Full Version : Topic in OOC Avalon

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:31:37 PM
Now I hate to say it but I did say turning off the filters could be a bad idea and now there is proof in that argument between Xaz and Maia... both were out of line and shows how the filter being off could be detrimental ... :\

are you sure still, all of yas, to have that off? It felt to me that the name calling was even worse because they knew it would be posted as said.

AmazonBabe
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:50:27 PM
It's obvious there are a few that are allowed into the Avalon OOC that aren't mature enough to handle the swear filter being off (hell, some aren't even mature enough to handle it when it IS on).

I for one am all about "freedom of speech", but only when ppl act MATURE about it.

So, I think in the interest of not having our nerves grated by so much swearing, that the swear filter be turned back on.

(Consider what we had a trial run... and it failed miserably.)

TheHolo.Net
Nov 13th, 2002, 12:24:05 AM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
It's obvious there are a few that are allowed into the Avalon OOC that aren't mature enough to handle the swear filter being off (hell, some aren't even mature enough to handle it when it IS on).

I for one am all about "freedom of speech", but only when ppl act MATURE about it.

So, I think in the interest of not having our nerves grated by so much swearing, that the swear filter be turned back on.

(Consider what we had a trial run... and it failed miserably.) I would agree, but will wait for a decision rendered by GJo staff, before taking any action.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:47:54 AM
I'd personally would grefer to simply announce a final chance. Any other abuse and it's turned on again

Figrin D'an
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:55:04 AM
I issued what I felt was a rather clear and stern warning about abusing the lack of a swear filter, and potential consequences thereto.

I would prefer to leave it off for the moment, for the simple reason that I would like to enforce that particular policy. If it becomes clear that the board staff will not let that kind of behavior slide, posters will be more inclined to abide by the rule.

If it continues to be a problem, we can consider turning the filter back on. I don't believe that we should let one incident between two individuals become the compelling factor to do so, however. A greater sampling of threads over a larger time frame would make for a more informed decision.

On a concluding note, I'm going to bring this up in a thread in the OOC Avalon subforum shortly.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:20:55 AM
Fair comments and fair post in OOC.

Figrin, the next time you see me on-line, I need to discuss something of a sensitive nature with you.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 13th, 2002, 10:37:34 AM
Marcus - What a frelled up avatar o_O

As for the post... I like. We'll keep it off for now but anyone doing that again is going to get hammer bashed on their head so fast they won't realize they've been banned :mad

Lady Vader
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:25:19 PM
Amen.