PDA

View Full Version : Like mommy.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:24:23 PM
Kwiet is wandering around again. Abel is taking to Granpa Preacha. So he wanders off across the parking lot of speeders. There's a tavern across the lot. He goes inside and looks around with eyes full of wonder. In the back corner is a lady...hey! She looks like a mommy! Kwiet wanders up slowly and rests his little chin on the table, staring slackjawed with all the curiosity befitting a child.

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:30:58 PM
Dae meanwhile, is busy slamming back her fourth glass of vodka. She closes her eyes, draining the last drop from the now empty glass. She sighs happily and looks down, setting her glass onto the table with a clink.
She saw a small face staring up at her. She smiled softly. "Hello little one. Can I help you?"

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:33:13 PM
Kwiet simply points at her.

"Like mommy."

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:48:52 PM
Dae frowned slightly. "Look, kid, I'm NOT your mummy. Are you hungry, or thirsty or something? Where are your parents?"

She looked around, but the bar was full of the usual low-life scum on Coruscant. No "mommy" or "daddy" to be seen. She sighed, slipping out of her seat, her Sith robes flowing to the ground. Dae held out a hand to the little boy, smiling down at him. "C'mon Squirt, we're gonna find your mum and dad."

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:50:42 PM
Kwiet smiled.

"They're with God. That's what Grampa Preacher said."

He hugged Dae's leg.

"Are you a mommy?"

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:54:40 PM
Another frown.
"Uh, not really...I sorta was, but my baby went to live with God too. Maybe your mummy and daddy are taking care of him."
She patted his head - it was true, she had lost her baby...but she didn't really like thinking about it alot....She reached down, picking him up, holding him with one arm and tossing a few credits onto her table with her free hand. "Grampa Preacher, eh? Let's go find him then."

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:57:19 PM
"He's talking to Abel! We had dinner at the hotdog place!"

Kwiet hugged Dae tightly around her neck. She was like a mommy. She was taking good care of him.

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:04:31 PM
"Hot dogs...good dinner." She laughed. "Where is Abel now?"

She carried him out of the tavern, and stood in the parking lot, scanning the area for anyone who could be "Abel" or Grampa Preacher"
"Hmmmm."

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:06:14 PM
"Over there!"

Kwiet pointed to the furthest end of the parking lot, where a tiny little hotdog shaped sign could be seen.

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:10:23 PM
"Okay...Did you wanna walk with me, or be carried?" She smiled. "So, do you have a name Squirt?"
She asked as they started towards the sign at the far end of the parking lot.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:11:58 PM
Kwiet for the moment is content to be carried, with his arms around Dae's neck. His little tummy's full and he's sleepy.

"Kwiet."

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:16:29 PM
"Nice name. So, is Abel like your brother or something?"
She was semi-curious. She wasn't going to hand the squirt over to some weirdos. Especially when they let a small child wander around this part of the city unattended. Maybe she would have to have a talk with this Abel guy and Grampa Preacher

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:20:22 PM
"He's from the little church house where I live! What's your name?"

He knew better than to call her mommy, though he was finding it hard not to.

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:22:57 PM
"My name is Daetana, but most people call me Dae. Little Church house? Never seen that around here..."

They had made it the hot-dog stand, and she looked around once again. There were a few people standing around, eating and talking.
"Okay, Squirt, which ones Abel?"

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:31:10 PM
"He has big hair!"

Too bad several in the crowd fit that description.

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:35:20 PM
She sighed then smiled sweetly at him. "Can you point to him for me?"

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:37:05 PM
Kwiet looked around slowly, eyes wide to see as much as he could. In the distance, past a dense crowd, he could see a tall spike of red.

"There."

He pointed with one hand and rested his head on Dae's shoulder. He was so sleepy.

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:42:18 PM
She brushed his hair back out of his eyes and walked slowly towards the red spike of hair. She pushed her way through the crowd and stopped behind the man with the tall red hair. Dae gave him a quick tap on the shoulder.
"Excuse me?"

Abel Kannan
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:44:45 PM
Abel was surrounded by a small crowd near the hot dog cart, and was looking about for Kwiet.

"The kid lives up to his name, to be sure. He always seems to slip away without a noise. I might have to get a little harness and put him on a leash." Abel chuckled, but the humor did nothing for the preacher's or his own nerves.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:46:52 PM
Kwiet sat up and reached out for Abel's headband. Once he had a firm grip on it he pulled.

"Abel!"

Abel Kannan
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:48:01 PM
Abel's head took a sharp turn and soon he was face to face with a woman's chest and Kwiet was barely visible out of the corner of his eye.

"Kwiet, let go, pal, I see you....well sort of..."

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:50:22 PM
Kwiet let go and put his head back on Dae's shoulder.

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:56:41 PM
"You must be Abel....I found this little guy across the parking lot in the tavern over there." She nodded back the way they had came. "You should keep an eye on the Squirt, it's dangerous out there!"
She scolded the man with the odd hair and then laughed. "Anyways...here he is, safe and sound."
She shifted Kwiet in her arms, handing him to Abel.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:58:35 PM
Kwiet hung on to her.

"Noooo! AAaah!"

He wanted to hang on to Dae.

Abel Kannan
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:00:24 PM
Abel straightened up. "I know it's dangerous out. But I pray God's protection on him and he has never come to any harm. We have faith, don;t we pal?" His question was directed at Kwiet.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:02:15 PM
"MMM!"

Kwiet was hanging defiantly on Dae.

Dae Jinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:19:45 PM
Dae patted him on the back gently. "Come on Squirt, I gotta get going, and you gotta stay here with Abel. Okay?"

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:22:59 PM
Kwiet simply clings harder, tears running down his little face. He really likes Dae.

"Mommy!"

Abel Kannan
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:05:54 PM
Abel gently pried Kwiet off of Dae. "There now. Come on, we have to let Miss Dae go on about her business. She's a very busy lady."

ABel held Kwiet close. He hoped Kwiet would not cry, but he ehld Kwiet in a comforting way just in case. It tore Abel's heart out to see the kid have to be taken away from so many adults he liked. No one usually had time for Kwiet, except for himself and Grandpa Preacher.

Dae Jinn
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:09:19 PM
Dae frown. Then she reached out and ruffled Kwiets hair and grinned.
"Hey, Squirt...Change of plans. If it's okay with Abel here, maybe we can spend the day having some fun"

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:10:40 PM
"Aaah! Aaah!"

Kwiet reached out with one little hand for Dae, tears streaming down his face, but at Dae's suggestion he sniffled.

"Rilly?"

Dae Jinn
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:15:16 PM
"Only if Abel agrees, but yeah, really. Silly kid"

She laughed and took him from Abels arms and spun him around. She turned back to Abel. "Well? You're welcome to come along too, if you like."

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:18:29 PM
Kwiet sniffled more and hugged Dae.

"Please Abel?"

Abel Kannan
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:24:14 PM
Abel smiled. "Of course we can spend the day with Dae."

Grandpa Preacher smiled. "You have fun, Kwiet. I'll be waiting for you at the Little Church House. You can tell me all about the fun you had when you get back."

Abel laughed. "Well, it's settled. Let's go!" Abel shook hands with Grandpa Preacher and helped him get a bus ride back to the church.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:28:04 PM
Kwiet hugged Dae with a big, happy smile.

Dae Jinn
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:33:53 PM
Dae held Kwiet on her hip, one arm wrapped around him, and left the little hot dog stand. They walked a little ways and Dae stopped, reaching into her pocket and taking out a small phone-like comm-link. She tapped a few buttons before speaking into it in a rough language (Saiya-jinn) and put the comm back into her pocket.
"Our ride should be here in a few minutes. Soooo, what do you wanna do Squirt?"

Abel Kannan
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:35:43 PM
Abel watched the two talking. Abel only went along because he knew Kwiet would want him to meet Dae eventually. He stayed in the background, watching Kwiet and Dae get along.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:44:18 PM
Kwiet hugged Dae tight.

"I wanna go and...and..."

Kwiet wasn't real sure what he wanted to do.

"...play!"

Dae Jinn
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:19:05 PM
She smiled down at him. "Alrighty, playing it is then."
She looked back over her shoulder at Abel for a second then looked down the street for her pilot and the speeder.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:05:00 PM
Kwiet pointed up the street at a speeder slowly weaving through the slow moving traffic.

"Look."

Dae Jinn
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:47:30 PM
The speeder pulled up next to them and Dae's trusty pilot got out. He was a tall man, with dark hair and eyes. He smiled down at the little boy, then at Dae. When he spoke, it was in a strange tongue, Saiya-jinn, and only Dae could understand it. It was rough, almost animalistic.
"Rides here, Miss Jinn."
She nodded and slid into the back seat with Kwiet as the pilot opened the door. SHe gave Abel a look. "Are you joining us? Or not?"

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:49:41 PM
Kwiet hugged her tight.

"C'mon Abel!"

Abel Kannan
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:20:27 PM
Abel got in the car. "Patience, now. We still have an entire day left!" Abel laughed and buckled himself in.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 24th, 2002, 08:18:38 PM
Kwiet simply hugged Dae. He had a mommy!