PDA

View Full Version : Logical Fallacy: Ad Hominem(closed)

Lillian Snow
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:16:46 PM
Lillian Snow parts the sensor cables hanging from the back of Reason's head to reveal a small plate. The plate has some writing, identifying what version Reason is, what it is, and even a warning label. DO NOT TEST IN A POPULATED AREA. She removes the plate and finds a single plug in, where a computer could be connected. She plugs in her laptop computer and accesses Reason. The computer runs a scan of Reason, a thorough one. It comes up with no errors, but that can't be right. Reason has changed too much. She opens the door and looks nervously out into the hall. She wants to ask for some help, but isn't sure who to ask. She bites her lip and looks back at Reason, who is watching her.

"I'll find out what's wrong...it's saved me too many times for me not to return the favor..."

Logic
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:20:20 PM
It's not Reason that's watching. Logic has surfaced within Reason's AI. Lillian's computer is going nuts, the sudden change is a bit more than it can bear, and suddenly the screen blacks out, then displays nothing more than snow.

Chaos Alexander
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:03:08 PM
::Alexander walked up and knocked on Lillian's door. his blue eyes changed to gold as he waited. With a yawn they went from gold to blue. Alexander was a Master at computers and Advanced Robotics. That included weapons, cybertics, and even Biotechnology. around 25 percent fo his brain was a computer. That along with his eyes and right arm. All of this made him the universes best hacker in his eyes. No computer moved as fast as the human brain. What made humans slow was the fact it takes their body longer to react to what teh brain tell it to do. Alexander ran the fingars of his robotic arm through his long brown hair. It was not as long as his sister Xazor, or his father Verse's hair, but it hung just below his eyes. At his belt was 8 orbs the size of a human fist. Behind him was a hovering disk about a yard in diamiter. It projected the image of a younge woman in his twenties. That was Alexander's 'partner in crime'.

Alexander knocked again hoping for a responce soon. He had heard that Ms. Snow had an advanced combat droid that followed her like a lost puppy and guarded her like a trained dog. Alexander wanted to see this droid deemed 'Reason.' Alexander yawned again and his eyes turned godl once more. His eye color showed his mood and current feelings. Thus he waited...gold eyes and ll.::

Lillian Snow
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:13:07 PM
Lillian turns back inside and shuts the door, and immediately there is a knock. She opens the door and looks out...a man she hasn't met before is standing there.

"May I help you?"

Chaos Alexander
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:20:24 PM
::Alexander smiled one of his smiles. He was far from ugly. And his smile only helped his looks. ::

"I am Chaos Alexander Dawnstrider. PAdawan to my sister Xazor Dawnstrider. I heard you have an advanced droid thatfollows you around. I have also heard rumors he was been acting up. I wished to see if you needed someone to look at it. I also wanted to check it out. I have seen pictures and it is a new model. One I have never seen before. For that to be possible it must be one of a kind and fairly new in the world. Need any help?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:26:00 PM
"Y-yes...Reason is usually quiet, and doesn't move unless it has to...and it's always near me, usually its standing within arm's reach...but lately its been behaving oddly...almost human. I've tried to see if there's been any changes made to it, but can find no signs of it...can you try, Mr..."

Chaos Alexander
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:21:24 PM
::Alexander held up a hand.::

"No Mr. I am only 18. Alexander, or Alex, will do."

::Alexander walked it. The hovering disk followed him. The image of the female looked at Lillian and snorted. Alexander made his way to Reason and stoped as if he forgot to do something.::

"Before I forget. The hoverdisk is my computer. The hologram you see on it is an outward image she sees herself. I say she because she is sentient. Few droids and computers are. Based on what little you have told me yours may be as well. My computer goes by teh name Daetrix. Her form is modeled after my mother Dae Jinn."

::Alexander pulled up a chair and sat down close to Reason. He pulled a long cord from a pocket in his trench coat. One of teh ends split into two plugs. Alexander plugged the single one into Reason. He took the two plugged end and connected one into Daetrix. He held the other in his lap.::

"If you have a weak stomack, I would turn your head......"

::Alexander pulled his ear and folded it forward. He took a fingar and rubbed the exposed skin foraward to expose a hole held open my a metel ring. He placed the second plug into it. He let his ear go and the plug stayed in. Alexander moved to the next step. He touched his belt and teh ieght orbs shot off and hovered infront of him. Each created a 3x3 foot holgraphic square for Alexander to look at.::

"Ok, now to let you know what all this is for. I will manually search various areas. Daetrix is plugged as well. She will process cetain information to be viewed on the eight holographic sqaures infront of me. I am havin' Daetrix putting up FireWalls between Us and Reason. That way if he has a virus or something, it can't get in my, or her, heads. While I am waiting for her to do so, tell me a bit about yourself. Mostly what you know about Reason. How you got him, who made him, things like that. Also, if you have a boyfriend...."

::Alexander didn't have to look to know Lillian was giving him some type of look.::

"The last one is just for curisoities sake of course......"

Lillian Snow
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:07:21 AM
Lillian looked away as Alexander plugged himself into Reason.

"I...I have no boyfriend..." Lillian said, covering her cheeks so he wouldn't see her blush. "Reason...just appeared when I was attacked by a pair of Sith...I don't know who made it. It has at least 40 laser batteries, and a pair of short light daggers in its wrists. It is capable of some simple logic and learning, but not enough to be sentient..."

Logic
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:09:45 AM
Logic detected the connection and buried itself within Reason's AI. Alexander wouldn't find it unless it wanted him to, or if it surfaced to take control of Reason...or, though heaven forbid he should go this far, he corrupted Reason.

Chaos Alexander
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:34:34 AM
::Alexander smiled as his eyes grew brighter.::

"In that case......time to play."

::Alexander closed his eyes as his own mind entere dteh CPU of Reason. He sent out a message to Daetrix.::

[I] Dae, I am going to shut down teh area that allows this thing to move and operation it's weapons. That way it will be paralized. I don't want to hit a nerve, or piss it off, enough so that attacks or takes a shot. After I am done, place a Fire Wall around that system. Use they one that has the Black Out Virus in it. That way if there is something else here, a Virus or what ever, or if Reason trys to override my comand and get the hell out of here, teh Black Out Virus will shut him down till I reboot him. [I]

;:Alexander opened one eye at the holograpgic sqaures started showing read-outs of different things. Weapon controls, visuals, and others. Nothing that would help him.::

"I'm going to check the weapon usage program first. The Fire Wall is around the 'On-Switch' for it if you will. It may be that a Virius has made it go on the defensive more. Scanning........."

::Alexander closed his opened eye and signed as his brain scanned the weapon's program.::

"Nothing.....Not even a flaw in the programimng. Next step will be to check out the memory banks....."

Logic
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:11:49 PM
Firewalls. Logic can handle them with fair ease. Whoever's on the other end of the connection is checking Reason's systems one by one. First weapon controls, now memory...Logic makes sure Alexander isn't copying any of Reason's data...good, he's not making any copies.