PDA

View Full Version : Claims to fame

Zatania Duvall
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:00:16 PM
Dunno if this was already created, but lets see who has met someone famous and who those famous people were! I'll start.

Janet Reno
James Avery(Philip Banks from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)

ReaperFett
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:03:34 PM
Not met, but I have a sound file of Bruce Campbell talking about me somewhere, as well as his AUtobiography signed :)

Zatania Duvall
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:10:27 PM
Cool LOL Do you have it on your comp? I wanna hear that. :)

Elena Van Derveld
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:15:53 PM
Orlando Bloom.

and I can't think of anyone else noteable.

Gitane Blesse
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:24:15 PM
Ummm.. >.> I've talked to the two Johns from They Might Be Giants..!

And they're not very well known, but I've hung out with the Irish band Gaelic Storm a lot. ^^;

(They were the "Steerage Party Band" in Titanic)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:32:13 PM
talked to the eldest son on Dr. Quinn, he was at Magic Mountain when we were there.....we were quiet about recognizing him so he talked to us a bit......

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:43:38 PM
Saw and had a book signed by Bruce Campbell at his Book signing.

Also had a librarian in my town when I was in elementary school who wrote a couple of big books but shes only famous in the Mid west.

See no one really big but thats the draw back to living in South Dakota very few Famous people show up here.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:44:24 PM
I got to meet my favorite author Brian Jacques twice in the same day. Even got my picture taken with him.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:12:24 PM
My step-dad had his picture taken with Robin Williams. Oh! And I met the guy that played Webster on that one old sitcom...can;t remember the name of that show...

Sanis Prent
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:19:57 PM
Shawn Alexander - Seattle Seahawks runningback. Used to walk to class with one of my ex girlfriends, and I got to chat with him a few times.

Aaron Neville - met at EWTN, thanks to LV and Tatiana :)

Matchbox 20 - took my sister to get an autograph...those freeloaders ate my altoids.

Filter - lead singer hit me in the head with water bottle.

Third Strike - Moshed with lead singer (he's a BIG guy)

Chris Goode - At the time, was a runningback (I think) for the Indianapolis Colts. Came to talk to my little league football team.

Billy Kidman - Last I checked, a WCW wrestler. Met him at a Hooters about 6 years ago.

Gouyen Chee
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:26:41 PM
People I went to school with: Charelton Heston's daughter Holly, Andy (Mr STP) Granatelli's daughter Andrea, Lorne Green's daughter I-can't-remember-her-name, George Carlin's daughter Kelly and Rick Baker the Oscar winning makeup artist.

Other people I have met: Alyssa Milano, Will Wheaton, Bob Miller (Hall of Fame broadcaster for the LA Kings hockey team), a bunch of players from the Kings, most notably Luc Robitaille and Steve Duchesne, the band Yes -- I know there's more since I live in La-La Land, but I can't think of any....

And if I really wanted to get a list going, I'd include my husband's acquaintences which include the members of KISS, Motley Crue and Quiet Riot, and the occasional film/TV stars he meets on the job (he's a delivery driver for a film vault).

I love LA! :D

Nupraptor
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:42:01 PM
I met both Mark Hammil and David Prowse. Can't really think of anyone else of note right now.

Sanis Prent
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:42:40 PM
<a hover><font size=40>ME!</font></a>

Skylar Raine Lirimaer
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:51:09 PM
I've met:

Tom Cruise and Bruce Jenner at the race track in WI called Elkhart in Elkhart Lake, WI.

Mario Andretti, Michael Andretti, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Petty

Muddy Waters (famous blues singer, now deceased I believe)

City High and Aaliyah (before her death, obviously)

BUFFJEDI
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:56:00 PM
1.Van DAmme(little man) nice build)
2. Randy travis. Tipped me 20 bucks
3.Chuck norris (I had a bit part in an episode)
4.Some chick off LA.law?? really do not remeber her name. Had a bit part in a film she was in.she was somewhat famous???>?
5.Rick flair(wrestler)
6. Julie numar(spell check) she was the first cat woman. she flirted with me;) (can't blame her)
7.All the 95/96cowboy's . sat on bench in game agianst 49ers.
8. Shaq: not really that big just fat, BUT TALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.Jason Kidd: basket ball player
10.Ivan koloff (wrestler_
11.Tira banks (not hot at all in person :x
12.2 tall jones : x cowboy
13. robert newsome: x cowboy
14.tony hill : x cowboy
15.charles haley: x cowboy:BEAT him in arm wrestling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16.Tony dorsett: x cowboy

there's more just not coming to mind :(

BUFFJEDI
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:56:59 PM
and of course ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeke
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:04:41 PM
I was a minor villain in an animated cartoon. See, look, I'm fighting the hero:

http://www.liquid2k.com/logicalfallacy/weaponclash.jpg

Well, not really. I met Barbara Robinson who wrote "The Greatest Christmas Pageant Ever". That book sucked.

xsmokingmanx
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:09:42 PM
I know some one who was an extra in a kevin custner film.

ReaperFett
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:12:38 PM
3.Chuck norris (I had a bit part in an episode)
Buff wins! :)

Zatania Duvall
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:15:31 PM
Oh yeah! I wrote a letter to the authors of a young adult series of Star Wars Books. It was Star Wars: Young Jedi by Kevin Anderson and Rebecca Moesta. They sent me a letter back. :) I was in 8th grade and it was a part of a project. It helped me get an A. :D:D:D

BUFFJEDI
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:16:00 PM
I was a minor villain in an animated cartoon. See, look, I'm fighting the hero :lol

few more:
Not sure if you guy's know what Nascar is( I did promo work for them once:

rusty wallace
jeff gordon
dale jarrett
mike skinner

I also bartended for Childress racing X-mas party a few years back and met Dale Earnhardt, super nice guy even though he thought i was flirting with Teresa (his wife).

Kathy Ireland (trust me models look better in magizines:\

and I did forget

david prowess: nice guy BIG ego!!!!

Billy DEE, BILLY DEEEEE: Nice guy but seemed very tired.

ReaperFett
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:17:26 PM
Oh yeah! I wrote a letter to the authors of a young adult series of Star Wars Books. It was Star Wars: Young Jedi by Kevin Anderson and Rebecca Moesta. They sent me a letter back. I was in 8th grade and it was a part of a project. It helped me get an A.
See? KJA is good for you :)

BUFFJEDI
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:19:03 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Buff wins! :) Thanks REAP :)

But it was a VERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bit part:(

Nupraptor
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:00:31 PM
David Prowse didn't seem to have much of an ego when I talked to him. He charged for signings, though.

Zasz Grimm
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:23:21 PM
Mel Carter (singer/ good friend of the family) Wrote "Hold me, Kiss me, Thrill me"

Dominique Daws (Gymnist who was on the olympic team) Was at a gym in Florida and there she was. :D

Al Pacino, met him through Mel Carter's agent. Very, very cool guy.

Pamela Anderson, met her through Mel Carter's agent. She was so hot. Anyway. Had a good chat with her for a while, before she had to go. :(

Almost met Cindy Crawford, but she had like a modeling shoot, so Bah. However, she did sign something for me.

Mom met Charleton Heston and Sally Field, it was cool. I met them too, Charleton Heston is a cool guy. Didn't really talk to Sally alot.

I have autographed pictures of Charleton Heston, Sally Field, Cindy Crawford, Pamela Anderson, and Al Pacino. So, that's who all I've met. :)

James Prent
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:32:01 PM
I met and got the autograph of Travis from Blink 182. *shrug*

Gouyen Chee
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:35:41 PM
I guess I can also mention my thirty seconds of "Fame" -- I was an extra for one episode. I was also in the Ozzy Osbourne video for "A Shot in the Dark" -- just an extra body to fill in the crowd scene, but hey, it counts for something -- like $0.00000001....

Zatania Duvall
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:55:08 PM
Forgot another celeb, although it wasnt as exciting. I merely remember it cuz it was the last time I did something with my grandma before she died.

Mark Consuelos(I think), he used to play Mateo on All My Children, Kelly Ripa's husband. I got to hug him and got an autograph and piccie. He's short irl! O.o

Gitane Blesse
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:59:45 PM
Ooo.. :D And I exchange lotsa e-mails with Serena Valentino (Comic book writer, writes GloomCookie and Nightmares and Fairytales)

^_^; They're mainly talking about books by Francescia Lia Block

Mistress Tatiana
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:32:49 PM
Oh man... I've met and so many people within the last few years. I don't think I'd remember them all, but I'll try. :) I'll put the number of times I've seen or met them in parenthesis. This list isn't in order of meeting or seeing them either. I'm just putting them down as I remember. And I will be murdering their names, so please forgive me. :D

George Lucas (1)

Steven Spielberg (2)

Carrie Fisher (1)

Harrison Ford (2)

Billy Dee Williams (2)

Mr. Jawa dude who captured R2-D2 in SW (5)

Uncle Owen guy (1)

John Williams (met him once, seen him perform like 5 times)

Rob Thomas from MB20 sang to me, and Charley's a witness to that. :) In fact, if it weren't for him, he would never have spotted me in the crowd. He lifted me up. :D (2)

Jeff Goldblum (absolute sweetheart) (1)

Jane Seymor (1)

Haley Jole (very nice boy) (1)

Peirce Brosnan (The guy walked right past me and I didn't even notice. :lol My friend told me to turn around and look. :lol) (1)

Patrick Stewart (1)

reporter from Extra (1)

Aron Nevile (1)

Arnold Swarzenager (1)

John Travolta's wife (1)

Colm Meany from Star Trek (I'm not sure it was him cause he walked by me so quickly. It was at the premiere of Air Force One.) (1)

Girl who played Gabrielle in Beverly Hills 90210 (She was the first celebrity I ever met actually. I was in grade school. Didn't know who she was at the time cause I didn't watch the show.) (1)

Jo Jo (Kiis fm dj) (3)

Youngstown (They were flirting with my sister! I was like O_o :lol) (1)

I'm not even going to get into the bands list cause then we'll be here forever. But that's a "small" list of peep I've met and stuff. And can you believe I met most of them within the last 2 or 3 years? It's trippy. :)

Nupraptor
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:36:33 PM
I'd like to meet Patrick Stewart. He seems pretty cool.

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:38:01 PM
OMG gf Rob Thomas sang to you???????????/ Wanders off crying.... "sniffle" :P

Ceres Duvall
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:45:40 PM
Rob who? Never heard of him.. unless he's a part of some pop band that I ignore. :p

Figrin D'an
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:18:58 PM
Hmmm... I've met a few famous people... a lot of them sports-related actually.

Brett Favre (pretty good guy... the kind of person you can have a beer with and just shoot the bull).

Keith Jackson (one of the coolest people I've ever met... met him at the 2001 Rose Bowl)

Lynn Swan (chatted with him at halftime of a Purdue/Michigan State game a few years ago)

Mario Andretti (signing autographs at a race a year ago)

Jay Leno (at the Indianapolis 500)

Peyton Manning (couple of hours before a Colts/Saints game)

Drew Brees (used to talk to him just before the start of the second half of games at Purdue, as well as around campus)

Let's see... some non-sports ones...

Doc Severenson (he's good friends with a man whose daughter I went to high school with... when he would come to town to play, some of us would be fortunate enough to hang with him after the show)

Maynard Ferguson (famous jazz trumpet player... saw him perform, got his autograph)

Michael Stackpole (EU author, met him at Gen-Con this past August... funny, funny guy)

Prince (quite personable, actually... he does put on a rather entertaining show.)

I know there are others... I'd have to think about it, though...

Gouyen Chee
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:46:06 PM
Tatiana -- are you another Angelino like me? (or better yet, not like me) It's amazing how many famous people you can run into in this town without even trying.

Mistress Tatiana
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:42:31 AM
Yup, I live in LA. Actually, most of them I met when I went to the BAFTA Awards presentation. I went last year when it was presented to Steven Spielberg, and I went this past year when it was presented to George Lucas. I actually got to shake his hand and talk to him really quick. It was so awsome! :)

Rob Thomas is the lead singer of Matchbox Twenty. Far from a boy band. :lol

And Patrick Stewart freaked me out man. I didn't have the guts to go up and talk to him. I just stood there like 4 feet from him telling myself I should go up and talk to him, but he didn't seem like the type to really go for that kind of stuff. My sis went up to him and got his autograph, and she said he didn't say anything. He just gave her a weird look and signed it. Oh well. :\

Sanis Prent
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:01:28 AM
Far from a boy band.

Not THAT far...

Oriadin
Nov 15th, 2002, 04:03:03 AM
I support a football team called Aston Villa and end of the season before last, they had an award ceremony for player of the year. I went with my cousin and an ex mate. At the start of the night, all the players were kept seperate from the fans but about half way through, they dropped the railing we were just sitting there, drinking and having a laugh with them. I got a load of photos taken with them all and a few autographs.

Now these guys were real heros to me so, it was quite an experience. For any of you that know who he is, Paul Merson got player of the year and he played brilliantly all season. Arguably one of the best midfielders that season. He's a nice guy too, although a little quiet.

Im off to a momrobila thing tomorrow where George Lazenby, Richard Kiel (Jaws from James Bond), David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Alice Krige (Borg Queen), Craig Charles, Danny John~Jules (both from Red Dwarf), John Rhys Davies plus loads of others will be there. I think they are probably going to be charging for autographs which I think is out of order but still, they will be there. Should be good.

Sith Ahnk
Nov 15th, 2002, 04:13:11 AM
Mainly only wrestlers. Light on the WWE ones too.

There are a few wrestlers who are pricks. If you ever see them, do not approach them! Some guys seem to really live the character!

Christopher Daniels
Chris Jericho
Bob Orton