PDA

View Full Version : Don't Call Me Baby, Baby

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:03:34 AM
Arya rubbed a hand over her face, and collapsed onto a bar stool. She ordered a dark ale, and stuck her finger in it, sucking it off absently while leaning back against the bar and scanning the crowded bar and grill. Jina was a handful, but for the moment she was back in her room with Helenias, and Arya was getting some time to herself.

The calm before the storm. Soon she would be the sole caretaker of the rambunctious kid, and she was learning quickly how to keep her in hand. But for now, a cold one and some background bar noise would do to relax her. There was a man to her left, moving closer.... oh no, not tonight.

He sidled into the stool next to her, and eyed her drink. "Hey baby, you look tired. Anything I can do to help?"

Arya turned towards him, smiled sweetly, and then chucked her drink in his face. "Don't call me baby, baby." She stood, hooked her foot around a leg of his bar stool, and yanked it out from underneath him.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:09:14 AM
"Geee, thanks. What a way to welcome old friends" Marcus said, getting up off the floor

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:22:15 AM
She laughed tiredly, and reached down, helping him back to his feet. "Hey, I had to wait until you were blind, but I'm finally getting you back for pushing me out of a two story window." The 'tender tossed her a towel, and she handed it to Hunter, who wiped his face off.

"Decided to hang around here tonight?" Arya lifted a finger and ordered another drink for herself.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:27:50 AM
"Hanging here? Yeah why not?" he said sitting down "Dont come here often. So tell me.... what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?"

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:30:20 AM
She groaned, "Don't ask. Same name, different planet, to tell the truth, it was the smell that drew me here. It reeks like goody two shoes in here." She waved a hand in front of her face, in spite of the fact that there wasn't a Jedi in sight.

Well, besides Marcus. Or James. Or..well, whoever he decided he was tonight. "Cool shades."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:33:09 AM
"Oh you like them? 29.95, Okley-bands. And if you want a reek.." He lifted a leg and farted... "Is that any better?"

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:35:26 AM
"Good gods, James, that's awful." She buried her face in her brew, and took a long drink. "D'ya mind not doing that around me again? Ever." She leaned away from him, waving her hand in front of her face again, this time with good reason.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:38:07 AM
"Impressed? It's a trick I learned being a Jedi. Tinned beans and fizzyglug, bit of Force suggestion. Actually saved me once. Watch this...."

He stood up, bent over and lit a match near his backside. He farted again and a 4 meter sheet of flame lit up the area

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:41:31 AM
Arya jerked away and stared at him wide-eyed, as seven people who had been waiting for drinks caught on fire and ran screaming around the bar.

"Uh, yeah, useful. Whatever." She turned back to her drink.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:43:54 AM
"Hey, the dance of the flaming <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>s. It works. You could learn it too... for hot situations"

Someone got an extingusher and began putting beings out

"Unexpected triks are cool. Surely you have some too? No, just roll that guy on the floor, that'll put the flames out"

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:49:19 AM
"Excuse me? The flaming what? I couldn't understand you, something bleeped right as you said that." Arya knocked back the rest of her drink and stretched out, getting the kink out of her neck.

"And my unexpected trick is not being afraid to grab a man's nuts and rip them away from his body." She grinned, "Be thankful you only got the beer in the face."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:52:24 AM
"You konw, Helenias has a trick just like that... execpt her's is done with a steel capped boot tot he groin. Ever seen a grwon man wearing his testicles for ear-rings? It looks painful"

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:55:38 AM
She choked and spluttered into her refilled ale, and wiped her face. "Warn me next time you say somethign funny, okay Hunter? The boot is a nice touch, but it just scares the hell out of a man to know you aren't afraid to actually reach out and pinch them off with your bare hand. Plus, its a little mroe subtle, and with varying degrees of pressure you can get a male to do almost anything."

Arya rubbed her temples, feeling a headache coming on. She'd been getting them lately, and wasn't sure why.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:56:18 AM
Sejah had been at a table, nursing a beer and slowly chugging along through a copy of <u>The Canterbury Tales</u> when he saw the flash of flame. Looking up from his book, the mongoose's face twisted in a bizzare mask of confusion, and he watched his master make an utter fool of himself.

Somehow he wished that he had remained looking at the book...

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:01:16 AM
"oh, dont worry, Helenias has her ways of getting said male to do what she wants. I remember, she had some unwanted male attention - she happened to have a set of vice grips and well.... the guy was singing in all sorts of keys no man should be capable of. Heard he was peeing blood for a month. Tis funny you know... I seem to have women around me it's a bad idea to annoy. You, Her, Xaz... but my favorite trick is to take a rail gun, shove it up a peep's nose and ask if they wish to keep a discussion going"

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:03:11 AM
"Xaz?" She laughed. "Oooh sorry if I don't quail in fear." Arya sipped her second ale with a grin on her face. "Any ideas on what you're headed to do next?"

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:10:58 AM
"Hmmm, not sure really. Few things going on I dont like around here, might be time for me to move on. Then again, Tohmhawk got called back into action, so I might go play with guns for a while"

He had a rueful look on his face.

"I sorta miss those days. You know, running around the Galaxy, being a prick, shooting first. Besides... I dont like sitting on my <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> all the time and I'm certainly not going to while my eyes are damaged. I've got a few ideas, but none really seem to work. "

He paused, for there was a nice cup of tea just arrived.

"YOu know what I'd really like? Nice bit of farmland, settle down for a while"

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:17:11 AM
She laughed uproariously at that one, starting to feel a buzz as her third glass of strong ale arrived. "Settle down? You'd never get it to stick."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:19:20 AM
"Agh, who knows. Whatever happens, I've got some things to do before can think of that. Gonna have some evil epople to fart on yet!"

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:20:44 AM
"Remind me to stand upwind." She made a face. "Not very dignified, I see."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:22:14 AM
"You can go a long way doing the unexpected" he replied, taking a sip of his tea. "Frying pans are cool too"

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:25:29 AM
Figrin had entered the bar inconspicuously, datapad in hand, and proceeded to pull out an open barstool and take a seat.

"Leyola Root Tea, mildly sweet," he instructed the droid bartender, which quickly shuffled away to fill the order.

A woman he did not recognize was leaning against the bar to his left, chatting with a man that he knew all too well. It was Marcus Q'Dunn most certainly... although not in typical Jedi garb to be sure.

"Hello, Marcus," Figrin politely spoke, nodding in the fellow Jedi's direction.

His tea arrived at that moment. Figrin sipped it slowly and rolled his neck a little, working out the stress that managed to accumulate over the day.

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:46:47 PM
She eyed the robed Jedi, and looked at Marcus. "You have respectable friends?" Arya sipped her drink. "That's a surprise."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:30:01 PM
MArcus turned his head to trace back the sound of the familiar voice, reaching out with the Force to truly id who it was.

"I do? That's a surprise for me as well. Master Figrin, a pleasure to .... uhhh...... sense you"

"Just occured to me" he said, turning his attention back to Arya "Seems wrong to say glad to see you in my condition"

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:05:05 PM
She snorted, and nodded, "Yeah I guess so. But you'll get it back eventually. I had...well...flashbomb accidents happen from time to time, and I've known a few others who had the same problem. Of course, they were amatuers." She grinned.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:40:46 AM
"Going to take some time to get my sight back. Medics say at least a year and sensitivity to light could linger. On the other hand, what others call total darkness, I find I can see quite well in. These shades are more to block any light, cause it bloody hurts in anything less than a very dark night. Optic nerves are only just starting to regenerate. And hey, even the best can have things happen. You could say I didnt see this one coming"

Ewww. Bad pun, he thought.