PDA

View Full Version : Forgive Me......(rant)

Xazor Elessar
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:10:28 PM
I am going on a rant and I'm about to use some obscene language to express myself....thank you! :\

I am so fuckin' pissed right now I think I'm about to explode! Soth is such a fucking bastard and I'm tired of his God-Moding games! I went out to a thread to save my Padawan, Kaytor, because she thought he was going to take her soul IC and I knew that he would only be able to do so by means of God-Moding. He is using Force lightening and knocking us all over hell before we even get the chance to move. On top of it, no one in the thread remembered post etiquette and went along without me (even though I had just posted and was not on for several hours). I was going to return and post when the post order came back to me, but no one waited. Then when I called the fucking asshole on it, he posted some big OOC thing about how he's a Sith Master and blah blah blah and he can use Sith Lightening and I can't defend myself against it! He didn't give me the fucking chance to! I could have at least protected myself a bit from what he did, but he wrote everything out for me! AUGH! I give up.....I wrote some shit back to him and said that I was fucking pissed and I removed myself from the thread.

I refuse to argue with his dumb motherfucking ass and I refuse to RP with him anymore! What nerve!

*Takes a deep breath* Thank you for listening and I'm sorry this is so obscene but truthfully I really don't give a damn...you can edit me if you want.....I just had to get that off my chest before I took a good long break from the boards. That's how mad he has made me. I'm not taking it anymore. Soth can take that thread and shove it firmly up his fucking ass! And if he needs help, I'll gladly give it! :verymad

Zeke
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:35:07 PM
Soth? Yeah, he's the type that refuses to lose. I've seen his influence on a few other RPers, and they're basically the same. I deal with it as best I can, but ultimately such threads fall apart. Who wants to post at something where they're given an unfair disadvantage?

Xazor Elessar
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:41:11 PM
My fuckin' point exactly! Amen to that Zeke......that's what I was getting at. :)

Zeke
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:51:16 PM
I'm adapting Zeke to this sort of thing...which is why I'm learning the Force Pike from Helenias and want Verse to teach me 2 Swords style. I'm also trying to figure out what aspects of the Force Zeke is weak in that people take advantage of and strengthen them. If I have an answer for anything they can do, then I can fight on a reasonable level and counter any moding that may occur.

Chaos Alexander
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:54:34 PM
I love it when a woman talks dirty......

...anyway On the note about the two-swords, I will have time from work tommorrow and I promise it will be up by then. I ignore Soth fully. He did the same thing with Liam.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:00:53 PM
:lol @ Brandon...... ::huggles::

Yeah, double sword/reverse grip style is the best....but according to Soth....I can't do anything! What a fucking asshole......grrr.....:verymad

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:03:52 PM
I RPed with Soth once. Only once he used toe Force to slam me into a tree and knock me out. It sounded reasonable considering my current Force skill.

Zeke
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:08:44 PM
OOC, I have no problems with the guy. He's fairly cool, but I doubt I'll ever fight him. Its one of those things that you just want to stay away from.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:10:33 PM
He's just unfair and cannot loose......it's like.....he's afraid, ya know? Pfft.....whatever to him......too bad with don't have a 'fuck you' smiley with the middle finger in the air....hehehehe..... :lol I'd like to send that one to him. :grumble

Chaos Alexander
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:11:00 PM
He used the exact same move to Liam. He plans to start a trend. Throwing people into trees.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:12:52 PM
How fucking lame is that? GRRRRRR! *Takes a deep breath and punches a pillow* Taking souls by GMing is another one of his tricks. Sith lightening and all that.....doesn't he know that it can be stopped? Grrr......he totally disregarded my heavy armor and everything, thinking I should be flailing on the ground close to frickin death! AUGH! :verymad :grumble

Zeke
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:14:19 PM
Whoa, hold up. Here's a trick I haven't learned. You can STOP Force Lightning? I did not know that.

Chaos Alexander
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:15:07 PM
:lol

Xaz' is so pissed. She rarely gets liek this, but it is cool as hell to watch....

::Huggles Barb::

Xazor Elessar
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:17:00 PM
:lol Thanks guys...... ;)

Yeah, I'm pissed as hell.....I'm hope he fucking rots when he dies! Grrrr.......:verymad

::huggles Brandon:: :;punches out the wall:: :;owww....:: :lol

James Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:26:08 PM
Unless you're as strong as Yoda, and highly trained in those areas, I doubt you could deflect or absorb all of the Force Lightning. But it IS possible.

I RPed my master trial for LD against Soth. LD deserves her title! I didn't post for weeks in that thread because I had to properly think up how to beat him at his own game. It can be done. SUcks, but it can be done. In a fast moving thread? Nearly impossible to counter moding without moding yourself.

Chaos Alexander
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:30:13 PM
A new woman Char!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::happy dance::

Zeke
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:31:28 PM
Would you quit mackin? You're gonna get jack smacked, dude.

James Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:32:34 PM
:headbash

Chaos Alexander
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:34:44 PM
::has been smacked......with a hammer.::

"Violence in the GJO. Isn't there laws that protect emploiers on issues liek this?"

James Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:36:59 PM
Since when were you my employer?? :x

Zeke
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:39:30 PM
Think maybe he meant employee, but at anyrate, that jack-smacking was well deserved by Verse and well delivered by James. Good job to both of you.

Chaos Alexander
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:41:36 PM
"Blah, you know what I mean. Laws that protect workers from attacking other workers. It is late here, after 10:00 my typing goes straight to hell. It is 12:37 now. That means odds are 90% of what I write is messed up."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 12:18:44 AM
I simply have Soth set to "ignore" and hey presto, I dont worry about his BS.

Anyone else gets on my nerves and constantly modes, I do the same and let them go play in their own little pit and I simply now move on. Works well actually. There's some damn fine Rp'ers, dont wast you time if ye dont like one or two. Move on and ignore them for good. For the record, I have two set to ignore. Anyone else, yeah I'll think about RP'ing agaisnt if there's a good enough idea.

AmazonBabe
Nov 12th, 2002, 12:23:23 AM
Sorry Xazor, but I didn't see any GMing in that thread. Nor did anyone (save maybe Kaytor or Tomak, who are on your side) post out of turn. And as to those moves made (two of which were only aimed at you... the rest was brunted by Kaytor), were legit. I've made those moves before and never have I had anyone complain. Also, the ship they were on was a SHRINE Sith ship, so them being there made sense.

Anyways, I sent you a PM. It's not a flame, don't worry. It's just a perspective of the whole thing from the outside. You being on the inside it may be hard to notice some things.

:)

And for the record, I've RPed with Soth (as AB) and I have never had any recourse to accuse him of GMing. I think it's all in your minds, as you have this mind set to hate him. It's a shame, but that's the way I perceive it. :\

Anyways, I'm gonna go back to playing the LOTR:FOTR game on my PC, as whacking wolves (even though they take chunks off me) tends to be more fun than having to get a headache over stuff like this.

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:20:14 AM
Thak you Amazon Babe You took the words right out of my mouth.

"Abd for the record, I've RPed with Soth (as AB) and I have never had any recourse to accuse him of GMing. I think it's all in your minds, as you have this mind set to hate him. It's a shame, but that's the way I perceive it. "

You need to read it before you judge him guys. Just because he writes well does not mean he is GMING... Also I would apperciate if you would not wish my brother to die!!! Very ugly of you Xaz. I know damn good and well I have never gmed or done anything to you and I would apperciate if you did not slam my board.

Thank you

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:24:37 AM
Perhaps that is so, AB, but I certainly have no indecisive feelings about his perceived status as a habitual GMer. He brought it upon himself by attempting to do just that in two different threads here at GJO. Simply put, he didn't think through his actions very well, and he now has a bad reputation. Sucks to be him, I guess. It's a rep that he earned though.

The other reason RPer's have a problem with him is that he tends to pull the "I'm a Sith Master so your attack didn't hurt me" card. He has a predilection for worming his way around attacks and not acknowledging the severity of damage inflicted. He might find that if he were to roll with the punches a little more, and not blow off every attack by an opponent because he supposedly outranks them, he might get more positive reactions from people and not make them cringe when he posts to an open thread.

On a wholy seperate note, let us not forget that Obi Wan managed to deflect/block a Force Lightning attack by Count Dooku with his sabre. Deflecting/Absorbing sans lightsabre is far more difficult, but if a character is well trained in those areas, it can be done. Depending upon the level of proficiency, a partial block/absorption could be possible, to at least lessen the effect. It would still hurt like hell, though, but maybe not as many cells will get fried. :)

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:31:20 AM
Sigh... I had him go up against my very own Padawans as a test for them and he took his hits. He always takes his hits. Its others who do not. People need to seriously read his threads. But if you think he will walk away from a well earned title of master your wrong and im sure none of you would either. I'm not saying you dont take your hits, some of you. But as you know a knight, as everyone says, would have a hard time beating a master...

James Prent
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:35:30 AM
I'd read the thread, but I already have a headache. :x

I'll look at it tomorrow..... >_<

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:48:39 AM
Originally posted by Maia Tharrinn
Sigh... I had him go up against my very own Padawans as a test for them and he took his hits. He always takes his hits. Its others who do not. People need to seriously read his threads. But if you think he will walk away from a well earned title of master your wrong and im sure none of you would either. I'm not saying you dont take your hits, some of you. But as you know a knight, as everyone says, would have a hard time beating a master...

People do seriously read his threads. If the perception of GMing is false, then he needs to work on clarity of action, because there then apparently is a huge communication deficiency regarding his posts.

No one expects anyone to "step away" from an earned title. And yes, a knight, in most cases, will be quite challenged to best a master in combat. However, automatically discounting an opponent because they are of a lower rank or measured ability level is an equal transgression.

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:57:46 AM
I think what AB said sums it up I think an unfair opinion has been formed by a few here due to the dislike of vamps. Like I said just because he is a damn good writer does not mean he is GMing. He takes his hits and does not underestimate people. When he went against my Padawans. He took his hits from them. As he does in other threads. I do not think anyone is really reading them. He has been rping a long time ad has earned his right to his title and no I do not think he should have to take shit from Xaz. He woulda taken his hits had she tried to RP instead of having a fit. He also did not post out of turn please read the thread.

I am very disappointed she is allowed to behave as she does, and she gets away with it but you do not see me oocing her threads and yelling Godmoder. When there have been times when I thought she did...

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:59:17 AM
No one expects anyone to "step away" from an earned title. And yes, a knight, in most cases, will be quite challenged to be a master in combat. However, automatically discounting an opponent because they are of a lower rank or measured ability level is an equal transgression.

I'd agree, but I would state it's possible for a new Padawan to beat a Master - if you do something new and unexpected. It can happen to the best if a Padawan pulls off an intelligent and well thoguht out move. I can think of a few examples off the top of my head, one being Sejah on me.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:06:59 AM
I'd like to point out that I didn't actually beat you, Marcus, I just surprised you pretty good. You did end up winning that spar.

And quite often GMing is in teh eye of the beholder. I'm not going to comment on this isntance in that I've not read it, and I really don't want to. I jsut know that in a few months I'm going to get hit with the GM sticker for something I've started to build up to since a few months ago.

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:15:18 AM
Originally posted by Maia Tharrinn
I think what AB said sums it up I think an unfair opinion has been formed by a few here due to the dislike of vamps. Like I said just because he is a damn good writer does not mean he is GMing. He takes his hits and does not underestimate people. When he went against my Padawans. He took his hits from them. As he does in other threads. I do not think anyone is really reading them. He has been rping a long time ad has earned his right to his title and no I do not think he should have to take shit from Xaz. He woulda taken his hits had she tried to RP instead of having a fit. He also did not post out of turn please read the thread.

I am very disappointed she is allowed to behave as she does, and she gets away with it but you do not see me oocing her threads and yelling Godmoder. When there have been times when I thought she did...

The vamps as a group have nothing to do with this discussion. As was stated before, there are, archived, two rather large threads in which Soth was very clearly guilty of GMing here at GJO. He did it once. The thread was effectively shut down, and he was warned. He then did it a second time. He was warned again. If he is percieved as a GMer in the minds of people that use this board, then it is, quite frankly, his own fault.

The thread has been read, multiple times, and interpretted. Do not insinuate that a level of comprehension does not exist on my part, or the part of any other poster here, because no such evidence exists.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:18:05 AM
Okay, just because I went on to whale you one ater that doesnt discount the point - you caught me out, it's possible for a Padawan to beat a Master. But you have to do something quite good. And as I said at the time, it was a genuinely good move and deserved to be paid.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:19:39 AM
Well, you also didn't end up whaling on me, either. You caught a bad move and exploited it for a technical pin. :D

Morgan Evanar
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:21:49 AM
Well, I read that thread 5 or 6 times over. I'm going to try and be completely impartial. I don't particularly like either Xazor or Soth.

Soth does have a nasty habit of GMing. However, he didn't in the post. It was well within his established abilities. Yes, I read it before it was edited.

I don't see what you're up in arms about.

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:21:58 AM
(Figrin) So what your are trying to say is you read the thread he is in right now with Xaz, and you honestly think he GodModed? Even though she somehow appeared on a ship out of no where and then ignored force lightning a legitimate Sith Ability??

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:25:31 AM
Well, you also didn't end up whaling on me, either. You caught a bad move and exploited it for a technical pin. :D

Mate you gave me no choice - I was totally willing to continue that spar on, but ya goofy footed right into a sabre :p

Morgan Evanar
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:27:01 AM
You read me sideways.

However, he didn't in the post. It was well within his established abilities. Yes, I read it before it was edited.

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:30:30 AM
That was to Figrin, Morg:) Sorry We musta posted at the same time so I edited and put his name in...

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:31:05 AM
Did ever say that I felt he was GMing in that thread?

I have mearly been stating my own perceptions, accompanied by established fact of past incidents.

I never once said that he was GMing in the thread in question. I felt the need to make some observations and reference past events in an attempt to avoid shifting of blame for the incident entirely to one person.

Do not put words in my mouth. It is not appreciated.

Sanis Prent
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:31:47 AM
Thats what I'd gotten out of it as well.

Xaz has a kind of "Dont like it, don't see it" thing with her RPs. She's ignored things as such before. Acknowledging != admitting defeat. Just means you say "Ok, I see your move".

Hopefully mediating things in OOC will do the trick. I'll quote a famous doctor for my feelings on all this:

"Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a magician!"

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:36:52 AM
I'm not trying to put things in your mouth Figrin. I was not talking about past RP's of Soth's Nor did I think you were. I thought you were talking about this one. I do not think just because anyone think he has godmoded in the past, that he should be condemned in this one. It is this RP I was discussing and what Xaz said was he godmoded in it. That was all I was trying to say. Sorry If I offended you. I didnt mean to put words in your mouth.

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:56:03 AM
I agree that that no thread should be passed off as a GM incident because of past issues. It should be a case-by-case investigation, and thanks to Sanis, it will be handled in such a manner.

Given that you were referencing a past RP regarding your padawans, I thought it was clear that previous RP was part of the discussion. Perhaps I misread the statements...

I do take issue with blame being shifted entirely to one person in the incident, however. For a breakdown of communication to occur multiple parties must be involved, not just one. There is plenty of room for improvement by both sides...

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:02:31 AM
Everyone has room for improvement I agree. The only reason I came into this thread was because I thought Xaz was being extremely disrespectful and hateful with what she was saying. For this thread she had no right to throw Soth into the godmode category. Godmoding is not something that should be said lightly. Nor do I think she had a right to say it for this thread.

I took offense at her remarks about Soth. They were hateful and hurtful... Sorry for the misunderstanding Figrin.

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:09:06 AM
Maybe so... but, she does have a right to rant... that's what this little forum is for, after all.

It's being handled, so to worry about it any longer is pointless. Whatever the mod decides is what stands. After that, it's up to Xaz and Soth to handle any lingering matters.

Kelt Simoson
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:11:26 AM
To be honest, wheather the guy GMed or not, shouting and argueing over the situation wont get us nowere and this thread will be shut down faster than a unclean KFC take away stall...no need to argue about it.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:15:53 AM
and this thread will be shut down faster than a unclean KFC take away stall

Mate, we wish unclean KFC stalls be shut down...

Kelt Simoson
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:19:18 AM
err..that was my point O_o

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:20:50 AM
I know :D

Kelt Simoson
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:21:38 AM
Strange Auzzie man O_o :p

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:23:49 AM
:: Gets behind counter ::

You want fries with that?

Sanis Prent
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:25:38 AM
<a hover>SILENCE, INSOLENT CARBON-BASED FLESHBAGS!</a>

In all seriousness :) It is being handled.

:smokin

Nothing to see here...move along...move along.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:28:02 AM
Spoil sport... there was a good hijacking brewing here too! :verymad

Sanis Prent
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:33:25 AM
Well...we can always post zany nonsense elsewhere, and keep this thread as is :)

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:49:47 AM
* Considers issues raised and goes writes a PM to Xazor *

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:44:21 AM
It seems like the whole mess is iver the Force Lightning skill. Well, I talked to Hob about it and he said that a lightsaber blade can absorb the damage, but if you were to do that in an RP, it would be fair to mention that your saber would take some damage, i.e. the parts inside might start overheating, or you manage to hold for a while then you are knocked down and the rest of it goes over your head, things like that.

Sanis Prent
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:35:00 PM
Not really, IMO. I don't think you'd need to RP the damage to the saber, seeing that Obi could do that with no trouble. It seems that if you're somewhat competent (aka, a Jedi Knight like Xazor) and you get the lightning in a frontal attack...you would have no problem with blocking with the saber. Now if the lightning wasn't frontal, or spread over a wide area, you may have problems...but I think Xaz would be capable of blocking the shot. She just needs to acknowledge.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:29:30 PM
Okay, the reason I didn't acknowlege was because Tomak and Kaytor posted twice before me and I had no idea where I was anymore....I just moved on because I was pretty lost.

Then he goes to post OOC in the thread and say that because he's a Master, I would have gotten thrashed. I don't think so.....I'm a very skilled Knight and thank you for standing up for that point, San....I appreciate it.

Maia, you used to be cool to me but you began taking his side and ripping on me so whatever. I'm entitled to my opinion too. A wise person once told me, "An opinion is like an ass....everybody's got one." So yeah....I have one.

I would have acknowledged and deflected the attack, but I had not the opportunity. Sorry if you took that offensivly, but his remark about being a Sith Master and me being severly damaged, etc.....that's god-moding. I'm done with this and I wish not to say any more. I've gotten hate mail from many shrine members and then they tell me about respect. Sounds like we've got some hypocrites. Maia, if you don't like the way I RP, don't RP with me.

And the comment about me hating Soth for blowing up the bar and grill.....that's not true and you guys who stated that are trying to get some leverage on me and the way I feel. I don't give a damn if he blew up my frickin' house IC....that's godmoding too and I'd hate him for that, okay?

Oh and I appeared on that ship just like Soth and the others did, mysteriously. Hmmm.....gee, how come you can question me, but not them? Oh, is it because they're vamps? Whatever.....don't want to hear that lame argument.

And one more thing.....to those of you who wrote and said, "This is why you're not a Master yet" , I suggest you get your facts straight because that makes you sound like a dumbass, okay?

Goodbye!

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:40:50 PM
First and foremost Xaz, I don't jump into RP's with you if you haven't noticed. But you jumped into that one where Soth is, if you hated him so much why do you go there. As for me being cool to you, that's all I have ever been to you gf. I have never done anything to you but state my opinion.

I do not appreciate you saying you hope my brother dies. Far from nice of you Xaz. Also he didnt bitch at you about your showing up in the ship. you also ignored his force lightning but that's neither here nor there. What does matter is Soth did not godmode in that thread if anyone did it was you gf. A lot of people know it, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

I have never jumped on you for anything, nor have I ever been anything but nice to you. This time you jerked the wrong string.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:44:10 PM
Whatever, you know I'm right and you can't stand it! I'm not going to argue anymore because I'm tired of hearing the same things from you. I stated the truth and you obviously overlooked it. I went to save Kaytor because she asked me to, and even she knew he would god-mode in it....mainly to get her soul IC. Guess you need to re-read some things yourself Maia.....get the facts....gf.

Maia Tharrinn
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:50:13 PM
I have the facts you numb bitch and I have read Kaytor's PM to Soth where she asked if he thought you godmoded and he said nahhh its ok she jumped the ship. So how bout u get your facts straight. Also Kay asked Soth into that thread, She also asked me to jump in and whip your ass, but I told her I don't jump onto moving ships. Nor will I RP with Godmoders such as you. I have never attacked you in any way Xaz but you just tend to keep saying stupid shit. How bout you go read the thread again that everyone says Soth did not Godmode in? Hmmmm gf?

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:51:16 PM
Closing thread.

And any more insults like what I have just read from either side, you can have a holiday for a few days - and if you feel like carrying it on in another thread, you'll have a holiday as well.

AmazonBabe
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:54:13 PM
And on a side note, I'm THANKFUL for the censors in the other forums, as the swearing and name-calling in this thread is starting to grate on my nerves.