PDA

View Full Version : My Job Situation

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:27:50 PM
I did a rant at my board so I will just post what I wrote there so my beloved Jedi know what is going on and why now instead of worrying, Nav is in a foul mood. Hence the swearing

:verymad

Stupid idiots voted for a strike. Which means that a strike CAN happen if the very last negociations do not go well

and you know what is really fucking stupid about this? THE FUCKING CONTRACT IS FINE AND THE SHITFACED UNION ASSES COERCED SOME INTO VOTING FOR A STRIKE

:shootin

I don't get it. So fucking what if you have to pay for medical. good god, so does most of america .. and instead of raises they are getting bonus checks after every three months.

FUCKING COPE

myself and about 4000 other employees have no voice in this and we are stuck in the middle of the union being pricks and safeway threatening to close down ALL the stores :cry

I am so praying that the FEDS jump in and mediate between the two or at least redo the vote.

From what i heard, the union guys were in the same room as the voting was taking place. pencils were used NOT PENS, the ballots were shoved around like they didn't matter and to top it off, swearing and agressive words were used in front of the employees. Many came back crying because of the ordeal.

grrrr

I needed to get that out of my system

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:32:36 PM
Wow. That really sucks. Sorry to hear that, Nav. Glad you got all that out. I hope everything goes well for you at your job. I'm praying for you!

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:23:40 PM
Now you know why I have never been part of a union and never will.

Nav, we're all hoping things turn out for the best.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:35:55 PM
:( Hope everything goes well Nav

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:48:04 PM
There are talks of revoting by mail. YAY ... that would be good and everyone can vote in the comforts of their home, like they were supposed too... still would like the feds involved and doing the counting since they have nothing to loose.

I still have a job this week but this entire fiasco has taken a toll on me.. affected doing my hw since I am so utterly drained and worried out of my mind. sigh ...

.... thank you for letting me rant and hearing me out ...

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:46:35 PM
You bet. I'll listen anytime. Nav, hope you get all caught up IRL. Sounds like things are going better for you.

James Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:27:44 PM
*HUG*

Sanis Prent
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:24:13 AM
I've never understood why some trades are unionized at all. I can understand some, like steelworkers and the generally unskilled kind of mass-labor jobs where the workplace is a meatgrinder and big business can all too easily not give a damn about their help, and screw them out of some serious stuff they need. But this is what...a grocery store??? C'mon!

Zeke
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:47:22 AM
Kroger was unionized. Lucky for me part-timers dont have to worry with it.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:27:10 PM
good news hopefully ... Safeway is pushing for a re vote and getting a third party involved. Thank the gods for the right to assembly since the intelligent employees are protesting the union LMAO

how funny is that =^_^=

anyway, they are telling people the contract is good etc and so forth and for those that are wanting to strike to go stuff themselves.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:29:07 PM
that's the way! So, i take it that everything is normal and good for Nav? I surely do hope so! Hooray for nav!

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:33:03 PM
No everything is on standby... my job still hangs in the balance :(

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:34:53 PM
Well. As my best friend would say, "Well, goddamn." Nav I hope everything gets better for you soon. We miss you!

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 15th, 2002, 08:24:13 PM
this just in ...

situation looks horrific still and I have a migraine >_< we are petitiing the Union, ironic no? With demonstrations and calling the governor's office demanding a revote because we the workers were misled by the Union.

Supposedly the Union took a vote to see if they wanted to strike and IF it came to a strike then there would be a re-vote. Union won't allow it but if we give them enough negative press ...... hopefully they will be forced to do one.

now I go lay down and turn off the lights... be around this weekend and sorry for all this RL garbage taking away my fun here :(

AmazonBabe
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:06:30 PM
:(

*Huggles for Nav.*

*Gives her a flower.*

http://images.allposters.com/images/ima/6362_a.jpg

*And some Icecream.*

http://winterstorm.clanpages.com/Misc/pink_spoon.jpg

:)

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:18:09 PM
Hope everything turns out well! ENjoy your nap! We miss you!

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:25:22 PM
Ah, poor Nav...

Safeway is cool...have a good nap!

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 20th, 2002, 11:09:01 AM
looks like I might not be out of a job :D

Hopefully with a vote on the new contract... life will be good and this depressive situation will be lifted and I can get back to my life here and away ^_^

thanks for being understanding with this and why I haven't been posting much .... shall change soon :)

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 20th, 2002, 11:18:40 AM
Nav's life is good! Let's throw a party! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Nav's life does not suck anymore!

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 21st, 2002, 06:52:08 AM
:::Breaks out the whipped cream:::

...wait...wrong thread...:lol

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:56:30 PM
o_O

I plan on posting Sunday since my work schedule is always hectic on the weekends...

Sorry for the inconvience

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:13:27 PM
OK...gl, Nav.

jedimaster skywalker
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:59:55 PM
hope everything goes well for ya, nobody ever wins when it comes to work stoppages...

I work for a contract security company and luckily the account we work at has averted a work stoppage in the last two contracts.

good luck

Luke

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 24th, 2002, 05:02:03 PM
omg O_O LUKE! :crack

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 24th, 2002, 05:46:54 PM
LUKE?!?!

MATE!! BUDDY!! Where have you been???

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 25th, 2002, 04:08:18 AM
He's been crawling out of the Sarlaac...:lol