PDA

View Full Version : In the Crosshairs: Episode IV Tie-In Speculations

Pierce Tondry
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:59:36 PM
Major Premise: Episode III is chronologically previous to Episode IV.

Minor Premise: There are many statements made in Episode IV that refer the past history of the Republic.

Conclusion: George Lucas could very well tie-in some of those statements to Episode III events.

Wouldn't that be neat?

Does the phrase "There'll be no one to stop us this time!" sound familiar? Vader says it in ANH, but when I don't remember. However with some of our Episode III speculation, I've been thinking- how much of a link will there be between III and IV? The two movies certainly have a great responsibility to each other- Episode III must explain how Episode IV comes into being, and furthermore, can't contradict it directly.

Back to the quote. I've been thinking that maybe the first Death Star might not be the very first attempted Death Star. The Death Star plans were revealed to exist in AOTC. Could it be that there's a previous attempt to construct one? Could it be that the plan is foiled, perhaps by Mace Windu who heroically dies in the attempt?

Obviously, no one can say for certain until we have hard info on Ep. III's plot. But there are many possibilities, some of which our tragic hero Anakin can view as a betrayal. His marriage to Padme, for example, could easily be shattered by her taking a stand for something Anakin approves of. In fact, I'm inclined to think that something with the destructive potential of a Death Star would be something Padme might sacrifice her life to destroy.

Does anyone remember any other quotes from Episode IV that might be relevant? If so, feel free to post them and get further speculation underway!

micdavis
Nov 27th, 2002, 03:38:19 PM
This is spoken by Vader to the Imperial officer that accompanys him down the hallway on the Rebel Blockade Runner.

This could be the second or third attempt to simply recovering the Death plans themselves, which is what they are there doing. Not a reference to a larger plan of building a Death Star.

TK-771
Nov 29th, 2002, 10:04:50 AM
Yeah,I dont think that line has anything to do with another Death Star.Probably has something to do with the Rebellion always getting in the Empires way.

But,it will be cool to see how EpIII and Ep IV do tie both trilogies together.many questions,not enough answers :huh

Lady_X
Dec 4th, 2002, 06:58:13 PM
Oops, my original post finally materialized right where it's supposed to be. Sorry! :)

Lady X

Ace McCloud
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:18:26 PM
lucas has it all in his head o_O