PDA

View Full Version : Do the Evolution [open challenge to two jedi]

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:40:33 AM
[OOC: This is an open challenge to two or more Jedi. Vega and Daiquiri vs. whoever might turn up – preferably a couple of Knights.]

<center><u>Pearl Jam – Do the Evolution</u>

I'm ahead, the man
I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah
I'm at peace with my lust
I can kill 'cause in God I trust, yeah
It's evolution, baby

I'm a beast, I'm the man
Buying stocks on the day of the crash
On the loose, I'm a truck
All the rolling hills I'll flatten them out, yeah
It's heard behavior, uh huh
It's evolution, baby

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my son, here's my clone
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
This land is mine, this land is free
I'll do what I want but irresponsibly
It's evolution, baby

I'm a thief, I'm a liar
Here's my church, and I sing in the choir:
Hallelujah, hallelujah

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my son, admire my clothes
An appetite for a nightly feast
Those ignorant Indians got nothin' on me
Nothin', why?
Because, it's evolution, baby!

I am ahead, I am advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm hot
I tried to chill yah, but you turned to fire
It's evolution, baby
Do the evolution
Come on, come on, come on

***</center>

It had been far too long since he’d last trounced a Jedi. Deciding that he was feeling restless, Vega had fired up the engines of the Corellian corvette ‘Red Dwarf’ and invited Daiquiri to join him on a trip to Coruscant. During the morning they would see the sights and sounds of the great city, followed by an evening full of rage filled mayhem and hopefully the death of a few senseless Jedi.

A place which complied with both sight-seeing and mindless killing was a rather large park within the city. It was one of the only places of its kind left within the capital and thus was heavily populated at most times of day by people. Couples young and old alike, children out with their parents, groups of youths playing sport, families partaking in picnics … sickening, really.

Arm and arm with Daiquiri, the pair looked no different from those around them. Perhaps their dress sense was a little alien, but then that was not at all unusual. The cloak Vega wore could be seen on many of the cities citizens, suspicious or not. He glanced to the side at his companion and smiled as his free hand worked its way over the hilt of Seraphim, the saber which hung at his belt.

“How about you start the ball rolling, love?” the Lupine muttered as he nodded off towards the crowds around them.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:10:32 PM
Nodding at his request, Daiquiri walks slowly on ahead while eyeing potential targets. Her sight falls on one happy family of five sharing a picnic lunch beneath the shade of a large tree.

Her stomach rumbles as she watches the picturesque scene and shes reminded that shes now eating for two. Reasoning that she needed the food far more than any of them, especially the pudgy mother and her brood, she sets about getting them out of her way.

To one side of the daughter, a jump rope lies discarded on the grass. With a sly grin and a slight motion of her hand, Daiq lifts one end of the rope up, posing it like a serpent before a strike. As one of the girls' brothers takes a large bite from his sandwich, he spies the rope swaying like a cobra behind his sisters head and starts to yell a warning.

Frowning, Daiquiri flicks the fingers of her other hand towards him, sending the large chunk of food straight down his windpipe and effectively stiffling his cry.

As his panicked parents try to assisst the suffocating lad, Daiq flings her hand out, sending the rope looping around the sisters' neck, cutting off the air and blood supply to her brain. The youngest child, no more than perhaps two years of age begins wailing at the commotion, picking up on his siblings distress.

"I cant abide barking dogs or crying babies!"

With a snarl, Daiquiri lifts the roly-poly annoyance and with an outstretched arm flung towards the tree, sends the toddler to smash headfirst against the solid trunk.

Seeing his family falling apart and dying before his very eyes, the father looks up at the female standing nearby, her face an expression of twisted pleasure. With a cry boarding on insanity, he charges at her, his hands reaching out for her neck.

"Bring it, big boy!"

At the last second, Daiquiri unclips her saber from the belt at her waist and thumbs the switch, the bright red blade extending in a 'hiss'. Spinning in a 360 circle, she lowers her blade horizontally, neatly slicing the man in two, his guts spilling out at her feet.

Calmly stepping over him, Daiq walks to the food laid out on the blanket and scoops up a fresh sandwich. As she brings the sandwich to her mouth, the whimpering cries of the mother catches her attention and she looks at the woman with mock sympathy.

"It must be a terrible thing to outlive your children. Let me rectify that for you."

As she takes the first bite of food, Daiq steps forward and with a slow push drives the point of her blade through the woman's forehead.

"There! Problem solved. Mmmm, this is good! Is it chicken salad?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:28:15 PM
<marquee><font size=3><font color=009900>She's a Brick... ... ... ...HOUUUSSE!</font></font></marquee>

:: The old Corvair SuperSport rocked to the music's beat as it rolled slowly through the park, its repulsorlifts lifting and dropping the front and back ends of the convertible to each hit of the bass line. Sitting in the passenger seat...Anbira looked rather uncomfortable, holding the side of his door as the speeder bounced again. He turned to his companion, a dark man wearing a purple fedora. ::

You couldn't pick something sensible with anti-lock dampeners and a color scheme that doesn't cause epilepsy, could you?

:: He brooded a bit ::

And shut that bloody music off!

:: The classic ghetto ride continued to bounce as it trundled up to Daiq's little disaster. ::

imported_Akrabbim
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:47:57 PM
The man in black in the driver's seat scowls slightly.

Oh, very well, if you're going to be so sour over there.

The music shuts off abruptly and the movement of the car levels out. He jokes with his passenger lightly.

Come on, "old man", where's your sense of style? I mean, if we can create most anything, why not be flashy?

He chuckles as they continue to ride along, cruising through the city. Suddenly, Anbira's eyes lock onto a Sith, Vega by name. Akrabbim vaguely recognizes him, but Anbira is much more familiar. Thanks to their shared mental link, Akrabbim immediately understands Anbira's reaction, and stops their vehicle. They pull in front of Vega and his companion, hovering in front of them. The SuperSport construct is no longer needed, and is quickly dispelled. The feet of the two Jedi touch the ground as the last slivers of the construct is dispelled.

Well, fancy meeting you here, Vega. Care to introduce us to your lady friend?

Gurney Devries
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:50:15 PM
Even after it passed him by, the godawful pounding in his eardrums didn't abate. He couldn't fathom that mismash of sounds ever being passed off as 'music'. Yet, he knew some being listened to it religiously.

Sighing, Gurney Devries lowered his head, doing his best to block out the noise with the Force as he continued on his walk, completely oblivious as to what lay ahead.

Sene Unty
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:21:01 AM
Sene wanted the damn boots so bad he could taste it. Unfortunantly the fat sweaty dealer was not playing ball.

"650 credits. No more no less." He said spitting on the ground next to Sene's feet.

Slowly moving his feet away from the pool of saliva Sene gave the man a hard look.

"Come one. These boots aren't worth that much money.....I'll give 400."

The man scoffed and shook his head no.

With a sigh Sene spun around and made his way back out the door. Instantly he was assaulted by the noise of the busy Coruscant street. Rubbing the stress from the back of his neck with one hand, the newly christened Jedi Knight decided to go for a walk.

As he rounded the nearby street corner he came upon a pleasant, but rather large park. Sene smiled as he spotted multiple couples holding hands and the like. It was quite beautiful really.

The smile dispeared rather quickly when a scream resounded across the park. Someone was in trouble. As he darted in the direction of the shout, Sene gripped his lightsaber in his right hand. He had a feeling he would need it.

In seconds he was upon the scene of a massacre. Two sith's stood right in the midst of it as well as the Jedi master Anbira Hicchoru and a man he did not recognize. A fight brewed in the air......

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:38:51 PM
Rousing an appreciative hand of applause, Vega grinned at the sight and chuckled at his partners’ handiwork. Within a second or so of Daiquiris last words Seraphim was active and humming keenly as it curved up through the air in a mock salute. Just as he was about to join the fun, however, a voice and presence entered his minds eyes. Slowly he turned to face a retreating speeder expelling two familiar passengers. One, a Jedi Master, he recalled meeting on fighting the Jedi Mistress ‘Amazon Babe’, whilst the other didn’t need even a second thought. It was quite obviously that time again.

“Ah, come to join the pinic, have we?”

He ran his tongue over his lips, inhaled deeply, and felt his strength swell.

“Daiquiri… this is an old friend of mine, Anbira, and this,” he said, indicating the second, “is presumably one of his many delusional Padwans.”

He folded his arms behind his back and nodded in greeting to both.

“Something we can help you with?”

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:33:30 PM
Akrabbim's eyes momentarily widen. Padawan, eh? He hadn't been a Padawan in quite some time, and has just recently gained the rank of Master. He holds his tongue, however. Let Vega underestimate him. The element of suprise could be more than useful.

He turns to Anbira, ignoring the Dark Jedi.

So, Anbira, what do you think? Should we drop a house on them? Maybe hit them with a meteor? Or maybe just a giant pair of scissors...

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:49:44 PM
This one...

:: Anbira pointed to Vega, as he clasped a hand on Akrabbim's shoulder ::

...I've dealt with before. And the best way to deal with an angry dog is to put him on a leash.

:: Suddenly, Vega found his neck shackled by a heavy, studded collar, attached to a thick chain, which was in turn anchored to a tree. ::

Akrabbim...have you ever played Tetherball?

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 14th, 2002, 04:11:14 PM
It wasn't even worth considering just how the collar had gotten around his neck, so Vega concentrated on the more important task of removing it. He curled his fingers into the slim space between his neck and the choker and began to push outwards.

"You think you can just chain me up and be done with me?"

The metal groaned audibly beneath the strain, cracks slowly forming in the structure. With a final growl he had created such a heat in the metal that it had been pulled, stretched even, enough to allow him to slip his head from beneath it. The Lupine looked towards the old Jedi Master and frowned.

"Come on… let's do this properly."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Dec 18th, 2002, 12:27:25 AM
Jedi!

Even without posessing Vega's sensitivity for odors and scents, Daiquiri could smell the self-righteousness of the two males standing in front of them.

Her eyes shifted from the one Vega called 'Anbira' to his companion. Why couldnt these meddling do-gooders mind thier own business and stay out of what didnt concern them?

Expanding her mind towards her lover, Daiq couldnt pick up on any nervousness, only on Vega's uncertainty of whom the unknown male was.

Other than a widening of her eyes, she gave no inclination of the surprise she felt when a metal collar of sorts made an appearance around Vega's throat, materializing out of thin air.

Popping the last bite of the sandwich into her mouth, Daiquiri watches as Vega breaks through the bond then swings her gaze back to the newcomers.

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 21st, 2002, 11:01:11 PM
Akrabbim's gaze moves toward the female, as if seeing her for the first time. His eyes widen in mock suprise.

Why, look! I believe it's a sidekick! How droll... begone.

Drawing on their combined power, Akrabbim creates a giant hand, and sends it swooping down on the woman, smacking her flat to the ground. The hand dissipates shortly after it finishes its drop. He turns back to the Vega.

Now, to dispatch the other...

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 9th, 2003, 04:05:51 PM
As Akrabbim's head tilts back to watch his creation, Daiquiri's eyes follow suit, lifting up to lock onto the now huge hand hovering over her head.

In a blur of speed the hand descends, leaving her precious little time to do anything other than to roll up into a ball, protecting the child within her belly.

Dropping as the hand makes contact, Daiq is temporarily stunned from the sharp impact and rises shakily to her feet moments after to see Akrabbim turning to face Vega. Anbira, as Vega introduced him, was standing silently, a smirk on his lips as he watched her gain her feet.

Involuntarily, her lips draw back in a snarl as she faces the two Jedi males, her thumb sliding across the button on her saber.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:10:28 PM
Properly?

:: Anbira arched an eyebrow ::

You're a little young to be leaning on a crutch, Vega. I believe your pride will do you ill in the near future.

:: He smiles ::

Very well. A duel of blades, it is. Draw!

:: Suddenly, a 20 foot tall greatsword materializes from nothing. Its menacing tip leans in the Lupine's direction ::

I humored you, and let you free from the collar. But your strength is meaningless here. There is no blade that can break what this sword is forged with.

:: Anbira glances to Akrabbim, and nods ::

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 11th, 2003, 07:17:00 PM
Akrabbim returns the nod, and concentrates on maintaining the construct. He creates the image, Anbira offers substance. Linked as they are, they function as one.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:21:13 PM
Break the illusionists concentration.

The message leapt from Vega’s mind to Daiquiri’s instantly on seeing the pulsing blade crackle to life. With Seraphim ignited, the Lupine edged a few paces sideways. Of course he was stalling, waiting for his partner to distract Akrabbim enough to dissolve his chimera.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:17:39 PM
Daiq heard the message loud and clear but gave no outward sign that she had. Though she had thumbed her saber to life, she chose not to use it....yet.

'Break the illusionists concentration', Vega had asked and thats what she went about doing.

Akrabbim had swatted her hard but Daiquiri was made of tougher material than he so wrongfully assumed. Though he was very much aware of her presence, the mistake had been to write her off and turn his back on the woman. Sucker!

To lend credence to Akrabbim's action, Daiq deliberatly stumbles and drops to her knees, before edging over and falling to the ground on her side. A convincing low groan erupts through her lips and she lets her eyelids droop as she watches with slitted gaze.

The Jedis' combined power was almost palpable and Daiquiri knew that she had to time it just right. As Vega moved to the side, the illusion moved with him, the air crackling around it.

Just a little lower........NOW!!

Throwing a hand out towards Akrabbim, a rushing force wave expands, slamming into the Jedi and bowling him over as Vega rushes in at Anbira.

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:46:56 PM
Because he had turned his attention toward Vega, Akrabbim barely notices the woman's attack in time. He is unable to stop the attack itself, but he is able to at least roll with it. He grabs onto Anbira tightly, making sure they are able to maintain contact. Diverting his concentration as best he can, he creates a giant catchers mit to soften the blow of landing. He is able to maintain the giant sword, but just barely. Hopefully Anbira will maintain the concentration necessary to fend off attacks.

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:43:24 PM
Anbira exhales sharply as he falls, but is caught at the last moment. For a split second, the large sword dissipates, but is just as quickly brought into being as Anbira and Akrabbim are righted again. The full, immense force of the blade is brought down to bear on Vega, testing himself and Seraphim fully.

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:24:07 AM
The moment in which the blade phased out of existence was far too brief to capitalize upon and before Vega could make any reaction it was screaming back down upon him.

It’s illusion. It can’t be that powerful.

Vega grit his teeth; he could literally feel the pulsing of energy coming from the two Jedi.

… but I don’t think I want to find out exactly how powerful.

On a split second decision the Lupine dropped down low and rolled beneath the oncoming attack. Thankfully, the ‘weight’ of the blade meant it was unable to keep up with the Dark Lord’s movements – which sent him rolling off to the side of Anbira, halting in a crouch. With no obstruction currently in his path, he hacked out with a snarl, Seraphim scything at the Jedi Master.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:55:07 AM
Scrabbling to her feet, Daiquiri rushes at Akrabbim, coming at an angle thats not quite head on.

Her golden blade still glowed with life as she feinted toward his side then spun completely around in the opposite direction, the tip of her saber reaching for his belly.

The catchers' mitt that Akrabbim had so thoughtfully provided for himself and his friend was now a hinderance as it divided his attention and strength between the two illusions.

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 6th, 2003, 09:41:27 PM
The two-pronged attack by the Dark Siders is, unfortunately, well thought out. By dividing their attack, Akrabbim and Anbira have to split their attention to fight. Well, time to buy time.

He raises his katana to block the saber swing. Barely getting the blade up in time, he takes a small burn to the side as the blade touches his side. No matter... he uses the momentary delay to pull the mitt from behind himself to a position where he can use it.

The catcher's mitt accelerates toward Daiq very quickly. Because of its size, it's almost impossible to avoid. He continues shoving the woman until he reaches a wall. The mitt smashes her into it, fading away to nothingness once it does. Hopefully, they should have breathing room now to concentrate on Vega.

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:31:48 PM
An immense oven mit caught the end of Vega's saber by the edge, and with a bit of leverage, caused the Dark Jedi Knight to fly over Anbira's shoulder, tumbling through the grass. As Vega moved to rise to his feet, the mitt balled up into a fist, and dropped on top of the Lupine, from directly above.