PDA

View Full Version : The most exciting movie release in a looong time!

Master Yoghurt
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:37:07 AM
Pac Man - The Movie! :rolleyes

http://www.screendaily.com/story.asp?storyid=10149&st=Pac+Man&s=3

Dae Jinn
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:40:58 AM
wtf.....:lol

CMJ
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:42:01 AM
Oh my God....

Sanis Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:43:00 AM
How can they make this, and not make Pong: The Movie

Gav Mortis
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:43:27 AM
(Shoots himself)

Jedieb
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:21:14 AM
I still remember the cartoon series >_<

JMK
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:31:18 AM
An intricate ploy to launch another line of Pac Man video games.
I can't believe this...

Sanis Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:48:09 AM
Best game related movie since Final Fantasy :) I can't wait.

Nupraptor
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:00:06 AM
Yeah, I just read about this not too long ago. Supposedly, it's going to be live action. O_o

CMJ
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:04:14 AM
I remember the cartoon series too! :lol

Zeke
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:05:28 AM
I remember seeing a Pac Man christmas special once...kinda lame.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:04:13 PM
Ooh TEKKEN THE MOVIE!!!

*turns into a ghostie and kills PacMan* How on earth can they make a movie out of...a yellow circle with a pie wedge of a mouth that eats dots and runs from ghosts??? o_O

ReaperFett
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:06:12 PM
Yay Pacman! :)

Salem Ave
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:06:38 PM
I would love to see a Tekken movie :D and PacMan should be... interesting.

Video games have had a mixed record at the box office from disappointments like Street Fighter and Super Mario Bros to hits including Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider and Resident Evil.

Mortal Kombat was a success? o_O

Sejah Haversh
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:08:48 PM
Notice how it had no description of what the movie will actually be about? Heh, methinks even they know it's going to be a pile.

And Mortal Kombat had less flaws than Resident Evil, and made more money, I think. It actually was entertaining, unlike Resident Imbicile.

ReaperFett
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:09:10 PM
It was a pretty big success. Wasnt made for much, made a fair bit, and is reguarded as one of the better Game-Film adaptations.

Zeke
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:14:06 PM
Mortal Kombat was a big hit. I remember back when I used to take karate, every belt test was followed by a celebration, during which we'd play dodge ball inside, have video game fighting tournaments, and watch Mortal Kombat. The kids never got sick of it.

Elena Van Derveld
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:19:54 PM
I don't even remember it being out. Oh well :)

Nupraptor
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:22:10 PM
Originally posted by Salem Ave
I would love to see a Tekken movieThere's an anime movie... not too bad.
Mortal Kombat was a success? o_O Yes, it was. I rather liked it, at the time.

Moreover, I thought Resident Evil is the best videogame movie ever made.

ReaperFett
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:27:51 PM
Mortal Kombat and TOmb Raider are the only good ones I remember. Not seen RE.

Diego Van Derveld
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:31:41 PM
Resident Evil is great.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:07:20 PM
I haven't seen Tomb Raider, so I'll zip my lips but my instinct says arrrgggg kill me.

RE was suprisingly not sucky. Better than most horror flicks by a long shot. And the commentaries are hillarious.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:14:31 PM
Tomb Raider was pretty close to "arrrrgh kill me." ;)

RE = I thought it was pretty good. :) Didn't get to hear the commentaries :(

Sejah Haversh
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:32:46 PM
Resident Evil, was, ugh.

I pray I never have to see it again. Awful awful awful...

But, this is also the guy who hated Insomnia and The Thin Red Line.

Sanis Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:00:39 PM
And thus...you = outlier :)

Admiral Lebron
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:07:17 PM
I like Mortal Kombat.... and I own Tomb Raider on DVD. Good times.

JMK
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:45:47 PM
I was so looking forward to Tomb Raider, but left feeling disappointed in a movie like I haven't felt since.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:56:42 PM
Who san the song ** Pac -man Fever**???

it went like this , Cause I got pac man fever, driving me crazy(driving me crazy) cause I got pac-man fever going out of my mind(going out of my mind). Oh my How the heck do I remember that?

Anyway< I'm in shock they are going to do thisO_o . I really hope it is a sick, SICK Joke :huh

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:52:12 PM
Pac Man should never be made into a movie, that is stupid. As far as Game movies Mortal Kombat is the best (it made about 90 million and about 200 WW) after that well Tomb Raider was okay (I am not big into the games so its hard for me to judge) I enjoyed parts of RE but I was still upset that they didn't have a single character from the game (there was kind of an exception that computer the Red Queen, the model was Sherry from RE 2, and they also mentioned the scientist who became a monster in 2). Also the final battle with the Licker just really didn't excite me, because in the games the Lickers were tough but were nothing as hard as being a final villain, they should have used a Tyrant. Hopefully the Sequel will be better since they are basing this one off RE 3, they are even go to have Jill in it (have no clue how they will work the stories of Re 1 in with the movie, was there another mansion that had Zombies??).

Nupraptor
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:21:44 PM
I enjoyed parts of RE but I was still upset that they didn't have a single character from the gameThat seems to be everyone's gripe with the movie. Personally, that didn't bother me at all - if it followed the story from one of the games, I don't think it would have been nearly as interesting. Instead, they set it up as more of a prequel to RE. They also took a few liberties - which turned out well, IMO.

It wasn't supposed to be a direct port of any of the games. Instead, it was a story set in the RE universe which alluded to the games. The scene with the Licker on the ceiling was a really great homage to RE2.

And I think a Licker would be a problem for someone who's completely out of ammo. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:27:20 PM
True it would be impossible. Still the train scene did resemble the end of RE 2 though the Licker was no match to that huge blob like monster coming at Leon and Claire. As far as RE 1 characters, well I would have kept the movie focused on RE1 but change half the story. It looks like they will be doing that with Nemesis or the second film, they are including Jill and Carlos and the Nemesis is going to be the film's main bad guy, not sure how they are going to fit Alice into that but I am sure they will come up with something. I would love to see cameo's by Leon or Claire but that would be tough to work out, unless Alice goes to the Police Station.

CheapCheep
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:03:58 PM
Buckner and Garcia did 'Pac-Man Fever'. Boomerang will carry the old Pac-man cartoon starting in January. :p