PDA

View Full Version : Official "I Have My Copy of AOTC!" Thread

Jedieb
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:29:05 AM
A few people have the benefit of early time zones and releases so they already have theirs. I'll be picking mine up after work tomorrow. Until then ...
:(

CMJ
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:33:36 AM
Tommorrow mid morning sometime for me...

Master Yoghurt
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:33:41 AM
I will pick mine up tomorrow as well. Today, I will amuse myself with hobbits and dwarfs. To be honest, that makes the waiting much more tolerable :)

Gav Mortis
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:40:26 AM
Have had it since Thursday. :p

Sanis Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:43:49 AM
Had it since July :)

Gav Mortis
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:45:51 AM
What? A dodgy VCD version! Lazy sod! Go and buy the real deal! :p

Sanis Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:47:16 AM
I'm broke, no way :)

However, I'm all for my mom buying it for my birthday, along with a more-coveted Band of Brothers DVD Box Set :D!

Gav Mortis
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:48:39 AM
I saw that advertised the other day. :)

Master Yoghurt
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:58:11 AM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
I'm broke, no way :)

However, I'm all for my mom buying it for my birthday, along with a more-coveted Band of Brothers DVD Box Set :D!

I also have a Birthday soon! Cool that we have birthdays the same month. TTT and AOTC will be gifts to myself. Getting curious about Band of Brothers btw. Heard much good about it

Anyway, I will post an update here tomorrow when I got the DVD :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:19:11 PM
I'm going to get mine sometime tomorrow, I can't wait.

ReaperFett
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:50:09 PM
Got it at 8.30AM today. Think that makes me the second here, being as CHarley is a cheapskate and doesnt count :)

jjwr
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:02:33 PM
Gotta wait till tomorrow after work. I could get it before work but then I would have to spend all day just starting at the box while I'm sitting in my office and that will just make it worse.

JediBoricua
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:48:07 PM
Amazon estimates mine will reach me the 16th, I sure hope that is a typo or they will not be getting anymore orders from me!!!

Sanis Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:23:18 PM
No...I'm no cheapskate. Buying ramen to survive makes me a survivalist, nothing more.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:50:13 PM
You know what really SUCKS!!?? I have called every walmart/kmart/ best buy within a 100 mile rat. And NONE of them turds will be putting out the Dvd's/Vhs until 12 midnight on the dot. Now I know that rules are rule But come on!!!!!!Looks Like Ole Buff Will have to go flex a little muscle to get what he wants. ;) Or flirt with some old seahag:x :x . You know I took off work JUST so I could stay home and watch EVERYthing and I'll be DANGED If I wait till 3 before the mailwoman gets here.

JMK
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:07:36 PM
Places around me won't open either. That's so sad!

ReaperFett
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:59:37 AM
They can lose their selling rights from Fox is they did.

ReaperFett
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:13:17 AM
I know this is a little late (haven't been to the site in a few days), seeing as how it's turning midnight 11/12, but just thought I'd share an interesting tidbit.
I am management at a local Toys R' Us, and when we received our shipment of AOTC DVD's, it came with a memo from Lucasfilm/FOX stating that the penalty for any early releases of the DVD is a $500,000 fine. Yes, that is typed correctly, $500,000.

I feel bad for the ones responsible for the early release at the Walgreens and wherever else, because someone is sure to lose their job for it.

Oriadin
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:05:20 AM
I got mine midday yesterday so I guess I was third here to get it.

JMK
Nov 12th, 2002, 07:50:56 AM
Reaper, didn't the title of that story at TF.N say that an early sale would get you fined, but as of midnight, anything goes?

Taylor Millard
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:09:30 AM
I fear I shall have to wait until Christmas to get AOTC.

I got plane tickets to buy which take precedence over any sort of DVD right now.

darth_mcbain
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:17:57 AM
I too am waiting for Christmas... Not really by choice - the few hours I'm not at work these days I go home and sleep... Since I won't get a chance to watch it much before then anyway, may as well make it a Christmas present...

Enjoy it everyone... :\

Jedieb
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:18:01 AM
I'll be picking mine up this afternoon at Toys R Us for just $10. As for early releases, they happen ALL the time. The fines are rarely, if ever enforced. I've bought toys before they were supposed to be released at both TRU and WalMart. To my knowledge, no one's ever gotten fired or fined. It's a veiled threat at best. The worst that ever really happens is somebody gets reprimanded. If someone ever has gotten fired then they were probably incompetent to begin with and the early sale was just an excuse to get rid of them.

I did pick up the FOTR 4 disc set this morning. WalMart had it for $28. Not a bad price and I saved on shipping charges. But I wont get to see any of it until later this week. The boy and I are watching Yoda tonight!

JMK
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:42:40 AM
Got it!

AotC and FotR EE!

Ironically, I paid less for both of these fantastic movies than I did for Madden 2003. Weird.

Darth Viscera
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:53:25 PM
Got both of them. Walked for 20 minutes each way, up hill both ways during a rain shower to the blockbuster 5 minutes before they opened, because they only had 2 copies of FOTR EC in stock.

FOTR EE-$29.99
AOTC WS DVD-$19.99

Jedieb
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:10:06 PM
17 minutes and I can leave work and race for TRU! C'mon clock, KEEP TICKIN'!

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:44:20 PM
I was gonna get my copy after work, since I work 5-close (about 10/11 tonight) and The Olive Garden where I do work is right next to a Walmart... would be easy to get to and not out of the way.

I told momo that, and she was like, "You know, you have 2 hours before you have to go into work, don't you?"

Me - "Yeah..."

Mom - "Then why don't you go to the Walmart across town and buy it now."

I knew mom's were good for something. ^_^

*huggles his copy*

Admiral Lebron
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:15:27 PM
Stupid lady at the counter kept saying I didn't want the wide screen but I wanted the full screen. ARG!!!! Stupid cashier! Well I have it now. :)

BUFFJEDI
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:39:40 PM
I'm now the owner of 3 count them 3 Aotc's. 2 dvd's 1 vhs:)

Mcbain: I know you said you would not be able to watch and enjoy it BUT , I do have an extra and you are more than welcome to it.I know your not poor and it's a time thing BUT PM me if you want it, really!

If there is REGULAR that (I know/halfway know)on here that can't afford one,I MEAN can't afford one PM me and I will see that you get one.but I can only promise the first 2 that PM me one,really!

BUFFJEDI
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:41:36 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Lebron
Stupid lady at the counter kept saying I didn't want the wide screen but I wanted the full screen. ARG!!!! Stupid cashier! Well I have it now. :) Stupid women :lol

I hope lady Diaq, and deville don't see this:eek

Admiral Lebron
Nov 12th, 2002, 07:05:42 PM
I know. She was like "You sure want the wide screen? Full screen is much better." And I was like "Arg! I'm fifteen! I know the differance now ring it up!" And then she gave me this look...and I'm like bah!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:50:11 PM
I got mine at Walmart, I am waiting on FOTR EE probably to Friday, if anybody is curious Target is the cheapest for FOTR EE at 24.99 (if there is a target near you) After Toys R US, Walmart and Kmart are the cheapest for AOTC.

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:04:37 PM
... She was like "You sure want the wide screen? Full screen is much better." ...

>_<

Anyone who thinks that is either on drugs or dumber than dirt.

I feel your pain, my friend.

Jinn Fizz
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:19:32 PM
I know. She was like "You sure want the wide screen? Full screen is much better." And I was like "Arg! I'm fifteen! I know the differance now ring it up!" And then she gave me this look...and I'm like bah!

What a maroon!!! Sheesh!!! :rolleyes

I got my copy at WalMart this afternoon...I announced just after 3 that I never take breaks, but I was taking a break now, and leaving the building, and I'd be back in about 20 minutes. :D

Got my DVD for $14.77, plus I also picked up a VHS copy for my mom since she and my father will never go DVD :p. But I still bought the VHS for her anyways. :)

And I got a nice little bonus by going to that particular WalMart...back in the toy department, they had one of the new Hasbro Mace Windu purple lightsabers. :)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :crack

JMK
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:22:10 PM
Did they make the gift set VHS as they did with TPM?

Jinn Fizz
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:32:02 PM
No, just a simple VHS tape. Nothing special at all, except for the fact that I guess it has the "Star Wars Connection" video on it, which isn't on the DVD.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 13th, 2002, 12:35:18 AM
Got mine for 12.95 at Wal Mart :)

Quadinaros
Nov 13th, 2002, 02:46:10 AM
Got mine from Best Buy at 10 AM.

AOTC $15.99
Free AOTC Calendar
FOTR EE $24.99

There were roughly 50 people lined up outside the store at opening, and they all stampeded to the DVD display. It looked like everybody in the checkout had AOTC, FOTR, and the free calendar in hand. Pretty cool. :smokin

Darth Viscera
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:44:19 AM
As for the Padme family deleted scenes, they should have left them in the movie. For god's sake, why didn't they leave them in the movie?! Those scenes really establish Padme as an actual human being who seems to simply be in a bad mood 95% of the time, rather than the simple icebitch that she is.

Jedieb
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:57:17 AM
Store hopping, how I hate it. ugh

I stopped by TRU after work and they were SOLD OUT of both the widescreen and pan & scan. I took a sales ad and went to WalMart. They had fullscreens, but were sold out of widescreens. Then I hit Target. They had plenty of widescreens, but they've stopped price matching. I was damned if I was going to pay more than $10 plus tax, I was on a mission now. So I strolled over to Best Buy and they priced matched the TRU ad and gave me the same free calendar many of you got.

I wish I'd noticed that FOTR was $25 at Target. But $28 at WalMart isn't too bad.