PDA

View Full Version : Learning how Vampires fight (Open challenge)

Sol Invictus
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:03:26 PM
Sol stands in the pit, casting his glance about. Oh, how impressive. A square pit permanently stained with blood. He walks to one of the walls and pulls a rusted blade from where it has impaled the remains of some ill-fated coward and scrapes the wall with it. The wall is caked,he buries the sword in nearly five inches of dried blood before it hits the wall itself. Sol casts the blade aside and turns, feeling the gaze of some unknown creature upon him.

"Shall we duel, dark one?"

Valirion Thorn
Nov 20th, 2002, 09:02:54 AM
:: I casually walked down the stairs. My armor beneath my skin, my noble blood red silk shifting with my movement as my cloak slowly flows with no wind. My sword stayed rested but at the smell of this new one, it let loose a shriek from my spine.::

Why? What is in it for me? The games I play with mortals are becoming less and less interesting. Nothing new... they always die before I have much fun. I stepped forward on to the floor and walked but no foot prints were left behind. My pale skin reflected the torchlight from afar and I leaned against the stone obelisk next to me. I looked up, I had been slammed into this so many times in my fights with the elders. I laughed and looked back to the mortal.::

Do you know what you smell of? Meat. Food, the thing that drives he fledglings to kill and take blood. Its that noise like a drum, the beating heart that we can hear between walls.

Sol Invictus
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:38:49 PM
"Meat, am I?" Sol repeats tauntingly. "I'll be the most difficult meal you've ever had."

Sol puts one hand in the pocket of his coat, the other pulls his hat low over his eyes. Sol taps his Force power, a bottomless well of dark energy. He has the potential of a powerful Sith knight, but lacks the necessary discipline and training to use it on the same level. He hopes to remedy that in this battle, and in future battles and lessons with these vampires.

"Come then, vampire, lets see how your breed handles battle!"

Valirion Thorn
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:08:41 PM
:: With an explosion this mortal couldn't even catch, my armor burst through my white skin and my sword was drawn so quickly that I looked like an entirely different being within a blink of an eye. But the cry of my armor and the scream of my sword were like an eternal echo. I could feel the power of this human grow and my armor laughed for me.
Until this human attained immortality, nothing was hard on me. Like Soth had done to me, my clawd hand lifted and this human flew into the wall, head first. My armor flung itself in every direction as it laughed at the human.::

Please don't waste my time doomed one.

Sol Invictus
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:19:59 AM
Sol wasn't there when the armor struck, he was behind and to the right of Valirion. He wouldn't attack yet, he is satisifed to play a defensive game, even allow himself to be beaten within an inch of his life, if it means he will gain the knowledge he craves. But why make it easy? Sol reaches out with one hand and brings the sword he'd held earlier flying at Valirion.

Valirion Thorn
Dec 6th, 2002, 04:19:04 PM
:: My hand came up and I grasped the blade with ease. The delicate movement required to grasp a blade like that was nothing compared to my own training. I rotated my wrist and the sword was hurled i the other direction. I quickly examined my gauntleted and and noticed a barely visible scratch. My armor seethed for a moment as it layed the scratch and began to heal it. The armored face on my helmet turned to the man and the demonic appearance smiled as it spoke. This was not me speaking but my armor.::

Why even try mortal? Until you are one of us, you are nothing but a mere seceond of our eternal time. Why? Unless you seek the next level of pain and transcendence. We can do that for you, yessssssss, release is possible at our hands.

:: The mouth quit moving as I began to talk, unlike the armor's voice, my own came as if it were the walls talking to him.::

You seek knowledge human? Knock on the door of Hell and I shall open the gates for you.

:: I flung my sword into the air and it sailed like a missle. It screamed and the eye rotated slowly as it flew. It landed just before the human and it beckoned in his mind for him to grasp it and draw it upon me. It begged him to sieze its hunger before him so that it might share with him the thirst for blood and the power of the gods.::

Sol Invictus
Dec 7th, 2002, 12:24:29 AM
Sol glares at the demon blade from behind his silver spectacles, which reflect a shade of red in the blood stained Pit. He's clearly tempted, but his lack of knowledge on this weapon makes him hesitant. What should he do if it holds some malignant intent? If it maims him, kills him, what will he do? He will learn from it. With his mind made up, Sol reaches out with his right hand, trembling with the thirst for knowledge, and firmly grasps the sword hilt.

Lord Soth
Dec 7th, 2002, 10:47:45 PM
Within the inky black recess of the upper arena, some two stories above the ground floor of the Blood Pit, the Death Knight of the Black Rose stood silent and unnoticed. The clamor of weapon's between the two combatant's below resounded off the enclosed forum wall's. Each warrior fought at a fevered pitch, welling the Dark-Side of the force to themselves to aid and give the desired advantage that would determine the outcome of this indelible spar...

As the shrouded figure stood unmoving high above the two men, he watched intently as they locked in a dance of death. In that moment, Soth's mind slipped and wandered to the text's and tome's "Karfian Noctus" that he had read in the forbidden library of the damned. Manuscript's that aroused his deepest curiosity, causing him to ponder on the day's of glory that even predated himself. A time when the Queen Mother and her King ruled most of the outer rim system's with an iron hand; an unchallenged supremacy that showed no mercy to any enemies that defied her dictatorship. An era when the blood that sustained their veracious appetite's flowed like wine. And during this time when the Shrine was young, very young, it was the undisputed Mecca of all trade and wealth within the Roon sector. The inhabitant's of Roon fell under her jurisdiction until the "Time of Calamity." At least this was what Soth had interpreted when he researched the ancient linage and ancestry of the once vibrant and prospering Shrine hierarchy.

It was also said, that every season during the reign of this dynasty, an event would be held in honor of her subject's and the ruling monarchy of Roon...It was known as the "Blood Game's." Often in theses monumental competition matches and various other form's of morbid entertainment would proceed for day's on end. The enormous anti-chamber within the Shrine of the Damned would house hundred's of excited spectator's who waged bet's on the winner's as well as loser's. Countless lives lost while honor and prestige was heaped upon the victor's of this time. Fortune's squandered within moment's as well as untold riches made as it was pinned in the journal's of "Karfian Noctus,"...However, those day's of old had long since past into oblivion...And the remnant of another time was all that was left to testify that this had even existed at all...

"You seek knowledge human? Knock on the door of Hell and I shall open the gates for you." Replied Valirion through clenched teeth. The seething word's of Valirion Thorn summoned the Death Knight back to the present, back to the sweet stench that lofted in the Blood Pit.

Soth's piercing gaze narrowed down at the two men. His eye's hung like two red fixture's without a form to carry them in the darkness. With thoughtful intent, the Guardian Vampyre watched the spar carefully to see who the victor would be after the heated confrontation had finished. The Death Knight held such thing's in high esteem and would not let the champion go without recompense...With his armored arm's folded across his chest, Soth word's came out in a low murmur.

"Grow in the power you've been granted young one's...For the time of the Reemergence is at hand."

Valirion Thorn
Dec 8th, 2002, 10:20:30 AM
:: The human grasped the sword and a blast of unseen power emanated from the sword and shot up his arm and into the space between Sol's eyes. The sword withered and twisted as Sol lifted it up and the eye upon the hilt rolled back as it half closed. The sword begna to form random spikes across it as it stayed itself within his grasp.
Sol began to see it all. Everything the sword had seen since the birth of Valirion and his symbiotic armor. It traveled throughout Valirion's meaningless childhood and into his emergence into the Shrine. His rebirth and the revelations that were given to him bled dark secrets and knowledge that mortality could not comprehend. And then into the transcendence of pain... the sword screamed as it remembered all the Pain that immortality had let it him sustain. It shared all the pain with Sol, sending wave after wave of pain into Sol.::

Know the truth of my Heaven and Hell. Bleed through your eyes and know what I see everytime I drink the life from another mortal. Share my transcendence and beg for the knowledge that you crave!

:: I stepped forward as Sol was being shown the memories from my sword, as I pushed my own thoughts into him and fed my Sith darkness into the pain, making it seem as a real transcendence. I lunged and my hand armored hand came underneeath the arm holding the sword and my fist caught Sol in the right side of his ribs. Using the momentum, I lifted the human up and hurled him across the room.::

Sol Invictus
Dec 8th, 2002, 06:40:01 PM
Though he could not yet comprehend it, though it came in a blast so quick he barely registered it, he possessed the knowledge he sought. Through Valirion's experiences, he found his own twisted, hellish enlightenment. Then it was gone in an instant as a wave of indescribable pain fills his body. His grasp on the sword tightens as he resists it, focuses past it, tries to maintain a grip on himself.
Valirion's attacks send Sol sprawling and he stands, siphoning a small percentage of the pain into his own power. He's not well versed in the translation of physical sensation into power. It's something he wants to learn. He'll learn it now, or die at Valrion's hand.

Valirion Thorn
Dec 9th, 2002, 04:04:06 PM
:: I stand back, watching the eys of the mortal as he begins to accept the transcendence of pain. I smiled. My first lesson had been taught obviously because he was now standing. My arms stiffened as my armor shifted. Blades came from my forearms and twisted like swords and blades on each arm.
My demonic helmet split back from the mouth and from its opening maw came my face and then my head as it drew back into itself. My cold face and black hair barely shifted as the blades formed but a crazed smile crawled across the emotionless mask.::

Come at me then human, and learn more of my lessons in Sin and Hell.

Sol Invictus
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:29:17 PM
Sol uses the power drawn from his pain and boosts himself at Valirion, siphoning the pain into power into boost. It's difficult, he's so focused he barely remembers to swing at his opponent when he reaches him.

Valirion Thorn
Dec 10th, 2002, 04:27:53 PM
:: One arm blade comes up and wraps about the sword as it is knocked to the side, I bring my other arm around and the blade grows longer as my armor senses the noise of ripping flesh. My sword screams as it struggles with the blade, my armor and sword had never been faced with the option of fighting each other and though they were rivals, they were brothers, and the armor was the elder. The sword shrunk away and pulled away from the armor blade but with the strong focus of Sol, its fervor was renewed and it pulled to Sol for him to deflect the blade and attack!::

Sol Invictus
Dec 10th, 2002, 08:26:55 PM
Sol allows the sword to have its way and deflects the incoming attack. The crazed blade makes the next move for him, now the man is using his pain boost to reign it in, keep it from getting away from him.

Valirion Thorn
Dec 12th, 2002, 04:09:48 PM
:: I deflected the attack and then leaped backwards with a seemingly effortless flip. I smiled and litled my head to the side.::

Well mortal, are you done learning or should I continue the lesson?

Sol Invictus
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:35:22 PM
"And..." Sol retorted thorugh gritted teeth, "What lesson is it you are trying to teach? Does it concern this pain, or the utter bullheadedness of this sword?"

Valirion Thorn
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:26:12 PM
:: I closed my eyes as I listened to the ignorant human. Did he not know the gift he had been bestowed to even touch my symbiotic weapon? I listened to the screams of retort from my weapon as he spoke and I just smiled.::

Mortal I shall teach you now a lesson of silence. Your words offend my weapon but only show me te distance ofwhat you really know.

:: I opened my eyes and in that moment, everything slowed down, I could feel it. I had focused the force and had let it flow through me as I used it to give me uncanny speed. It was as if I moved faster than time could keep up with me. And that was ironic, because time was the only thing I didn't care about, Iwas trnal but now, it was time's turn to ignore me.
I took one step and I was before Sol in a blink, Sol still wasn't moving, mortal to the bone, noticed by time and never to be ignored unless he welcomed the darkness of the shrine. How I ached to share the embrace of darkness... But not yet, to finish this and start a new. Knowing the power of ime, I stoped right before Sol and turned to look at Soth, observing as if from heaven... The irony of this entire battle was astounding, I looked up and smiled before turning back to the human.
My clawed hand came up and grabbed the man by the mouth and lifted him up. Time returned to normal and I saw the human's eyes dilate as they refocused on my body before him. But he had to look down to see me now because he was a good three feet off the groun, still in my claw.::

I will break your mouth an see what you have to say then, eh?

:: I tossed him aside and grabbed my sword as he fell. I sheathed it and started to walk away.::

Meet me in the parlor mortal. I have something to share with you.

Sol Invictus
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:41:07 PM
Sol sits up, gasping, this whole fight has been more than he bargained for. He's learned much, and nearly lost his life. It seems he has a good deal more to learn, it always seems he knows less than he originally thought he did. It's maddening, and drives him further on in his quest for the ultimate knowledge.

"The parlor..."

Sol stands and brushes himself off, adjusting his silver spectacles on his face, then leaves the pit himself, fully unaware of Soth watching his every move.