PDA

View Full Version : Regarding: Operation Zitadelle (Bakura Liberation)

Sanis Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:54:49 PM
I believe Bakura is a personal asset held by the Tarkin family. As such, I don't think they would be accepting of your invasion thread.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:21:07 PM
Can't they invade anyway? You're invading Arcan IV and telling the Jedi to grin and bear it. Same difference, IMO.

Sanis Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:26:44 PM
no, but theirs is an actual planet grab, as far as I can tell. Mine is not.

Also, Bakura is a personal asset (IE, they don't fleet RP)

Vjun, Kessel, etc...would also be exempt from such things as well IIRC

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:33:51 PM
Oh.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:06:10 PM
Yes thank you Sanis for taking care of this during my untimely leave because of serious personal life issues.

Bakura is a Neutral Planet like it is in the books. I personally have no fleets and neither does the planet because of the devastation that has occurred. I did this for many reasons.

One. To have a neutral planet that ANYONE could RP at :)

Two. Intricate backstory for my character as well as some others who are involved.

But either way planetary invasions ... no. Since there are no fleets access by me personally, or Gaeriel (the prime minister of Bakura whom I play) Bakura is exempt by Swfans rules for a planet grab.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:10:08 PM
Just fallowing orders get with Desaria

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:49:06 PM
But do you have to be a group without a fleet in order to have an exempt planet? So Meras and Bakura are BOTh off limits?

Is there a Bakura group or just you and your 'family'? I'm curious, and just so you know, Fleet Admiral Serena Laran was offered the chance to lead the strike force against Bakura, and declined.

I don't mind there being neutral planets...but sometimes it just makes things unrealistic. Maybe they could do the RP anyway...but lose, since Bakura (an ENTIRE PLANET) is one of Navaria's personal assets, akin to losing a limb or being kidnapped, it can't be taken without permission. So an attack on it would then have to fail.

That way the Sovereignty doesn't have to say "Oh...well we're already at Bakura, and its not defending itself, but..hey, we'll leave because this is a bad idea." I mean, it doesn't RP out very well that way. It becomes unrealistic. If Bakura does have some forces, and a planetary shield or whatever, then it could still be RPed out as a loss for the Sovereignty, and Stela would still have his fun.

Sanis Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:48:28 PM
how do you fight a fleet with no fleet? Its a case of apples and oranges.

Marc Tarkin
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:01:30 PM
There is no planetary shield at Bakura, no military presence either.

DarthHERA
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:14:14 PM
A gazillion planets to invade and rp the win or loss - why pick one that has an established storyline from almost the year dot and one that realistically without a fleet of any sort couldnt defend against such an invasion. ?

This is a good thing to get clarified :)

Nov 10th, 2002, 09:38:06 PM
Its all solved now . It never happened and in the future I will post 2 weeks in advance before attacking any planet to make sure noone has a claim on it . This should be dropped and everyone should do more planning and ask more questions before atacking a planet.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:14:46 PM
Bakura is in the middle of nowhere. It makes no sense to take the planet. If my map is still up, you all should have a look at that in conjuction with one of the planets guides on the web. Hit some logical targets etc.

Sanis Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:23:00 PM
Well.....maybe. Would make sense, but only in some warped kind of paranoid way, if you're terribly phobic of a Ssi-Ruuk counteroffensive.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:11:09 AM
*points two posts up* its solved

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:25:34 AM
if you needed a planet to invade, Telan started an invasion of Yag'Dhul that was never finished :grumble

You shoulda come to me so we can get that little problem solved :)

Nov 12th, 2002, 03:07:00 PM
shame on him for not finishing

Nov 12th, 2002, 03:08:45 PM
And there are alot of reasons for Bakura . But another planet will be found . Mabey

Khendon Sevon
Nov 12th, 2002, 07:36:13 PM
Out of the way planets are sometimes good, especially for top secret research, gene splicing gone mad, etc.

I'm still kinda' topsy-turny on all of the rules that go under the "just use common sense" fleet rule :) do we have a set list, btw?

Nov 12th, 2002, 09:15:04 PM
Bakura isn't out of the way to me .

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:24:18 PM
Basic fleet rule is 24 hour advance warning to the group that this is going to happen (i could be wrong about the 24 hours) but advance noticed is needed. If a group has no fleets then they are exempt from fleet attacks.

LD- Forgot to say since Meras is made up anyway ... who would want it cept the people that made it up :lol

As for Bakura, it ain't happening :) so let's quit dwelling on said planet and go back to finding a planet that would suit your purposes... makes more sense :)

Nov 13th, 2002, 10:32:14 AM
still I think I will give more notice then that. Some people cant get on withing 24 hours. Ill find a planet then look around for a couple of weeks to see if anyone claims it As far As bakura goes its off limits. I think there should be a list somewhere of the planets which are of limits. If anyone know more please tell me I
do not want to go through this again. As much fun as it has been I still dont like upseting people.

Telan Desaria
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:51:47 PM
I just saw this thread, was told of it, but never said anything.

That said, I merely wanted my strategic reasonign explained so you all do not think I am insane.

According to this map: http://se4kdy.cyberwars.com/files/sw-map/vpmap1.jpg

Bakura is very close ot eh end of the galaxy known as the Imperial Sovereignty, bascially encompassing both the trade routes. It is a proverbial thorn in my side, so to speak. If any forces were to be smuggled onto it, they could attack the soft underbelly of my Empire while the primary fleets are at the front.

Bakura as well possesses a large repulsor lift manufacturing base, something that could IC aid my mass production of surface assault vehicles.

Possession of the planet would have as well given me a jumping off point for an exploration/colonization of the Unknown Regions.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 29th, 2002, 02:14:07 AM
Wow, you either have terrible eyes or are confusing Bakura for somewhere else.

http://www.geocities.com/swgalaticmap/sw.htm

Seriously, Bakura isn't near ANTYHING. Not a trade route in sight.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 29th, 2002, 04:54:31 AM
Hm.... Endor is a lot closer to those trade routes than Bakura is.

Telan Desaria
Nov 29th, 2002, 02:08:53 PM
Read closer. I said the Sovereignty encompassed the trade routes. Look at the map link I posted.

My reasons for Bakura are clear.

The Trade Routes are nowhere near. This I Know.

Dec 5th, 2002, 10:36:18 PM
heres a better map for you to play with Better Map (http://www.imperial-revenge.com/common/empire/Map/index.php?zoom=Zoom/70.jpg)

Morgan Evanar
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:25:15 PM
I'm not exactly sure how that map is "better."