PDA

View Full Version : In the heart of the Vampire's lair

Sol Invictus
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:07:02 PM
Sol Invictus has arrived. He is within the Shrine, in heart of lair where the universe's most powerful race resides. He is learning much already, just watching the vampires brings new knowledge with every moment that passes. He's sitting at a table with his booted feet up, hat pulled low, though the reflection off his silver glasses hides his eyes. One of them passes within inches of his table.

"Sit down," he offers.

Lord Soth
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:25:10 PM
Within the Roon Stone Inn, Sol Invictus had not been setting long at his table when a bone chilling coldness fell over his form. The tavern was oddly vacant of any patron's and other life form's and there was good reason for this...

A faint scent of roses filled his sense's as a man clad in black vesture's approached him. His stately stride bore the sign's of confidence and prestige. Sol glanced up at the nondescript being as he came to stand at the table across from the outlander. There was a painful moment of silence as the man in Sith robes paused at Sol's gracious invitation. The thick ebony hood hid the man's facial features, however, two crimson slit's hung within the black recess's of the cowl; eye's that burned with an unholy glow and reached inward to the mind of the new comer.

"Tell me outlander,...What brings you to the reverend hall's of the damned?" Said the hollow voice behind the darkened cloak.

Sol Invictus
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:29:15 PM
Sol smiles, a brow raising over the rims of his silver glasses.

"A thirst for the knowledge and abilities of the vampires."

Lord Soth
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:14:51 PM
The figure stood unmoving as he probed the inner most thought's of the man in red. His intention's were true enough with the Death Knight, a respectable inquiry and the right answer at the right time.

The chair in front of the clad man slid out on it's own, the being then sat, removing his heavy hood and reviling his identity. Long raven black hair fell around the man's shoulder's; the light of the room cast Soth's mane in deep midnight blue hue's. His skin, now porcelain like was tinged with a faint glow that mirrored his age as a Creature of the Night. His chiseled comeliness held no expression as did so his crystal blue eye's that never left Sol's...Eye's that seemed cold, unfeeling...

"Ah yes, power...Prestige and honor,...fame...To bathe in it's glory...To wield it at one's beckoning call..." Soth word's were almost mocking as they were cold.

"However,... This,...knowledge you speak of raises the simple question to you my friend...What are you willing to give up...To sacrifice in attaining it?" The coldness about the room seemed to intensify as the Death Knight spoke.

"I assure you...Your money is no good here young one...And with the sacred knowledge you now posses of my kind...And of this place...What truly resides here...I must regretfully inform you,..." Soth paused momentarily before finishing the last of his sentence.

"That you won't be leaving this place alive!" The Death Knight word's were almost in whispered tone's as he casually folded his long Vampyre finger's together in a steepled position, his vacant eye's narrowing a bit at Sol.

Sol Invictus
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:02:20 PM
His grin merely broadens.

"I will sacrifice all for the abilities you vampires possess. Even if I am not of the living when next I venture forth from this stronghold, I will have the knowledge and powers you possess!"

Lord Soth
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:39:18 PM
About that time, a service droid scurried up to the inn table and presented the Death Knight with the usual order of blood meed as it was programed to do. Taking the bottle from the service tray, Soth uncorked the vantage wine; pouring a glass for himself and the new comer, then placing the jeweled goblet on the table were it slid slowly, coming to rest in front of Sol on it's own accord.

"Yes, Indeed...We shall see...A small price to pay...With so much to gain." The Vampyre's word's seemed to carry a rhyme as he lifted the chalice to his crimson lip's...Sitting the goblet down he continued.

"Perhaps the lady Alana can show you around the Keep...I will see to it personally that a room is prepared for your stay with us..."

Sol Invictus
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:44:53 PM
Sol doesn't touch the wine, he has yet to acquire a taste for blood. But he expects that will change, if the rumors that drove him out here are true.

"I thank you for your services...your name, sir? My own is Sol Invictus."

Lord Soth
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:42:56 PM
Once again Soth narrowed his eye's at Sol's decline to drink the expensive blood meed he so graciously offered...Then a slight polite smile replaced the scowl that began to form.

The name is Soth Nuevole..." The name of the Vampyre resonated throughout the outlanders mind...Echoing as if Sol stood alone in a vast canyon that reverberated the Death Knight's name with mysterious unknown power's.

"The pleasure is all mine...Mr. Invictus." The Vampyre nodded, then sipped at the blood wine in front of him.

"If it is knowledge you seek Sol Invictus...Then I would suggest searching out the Librarian of the Damned." The Death Knight then stood and slightly bowed to the man in red.

Sol Invictus
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:51:52 PM
Well now, it seems he's hurt the big man's feelings.

"The Librarian? Very well. Does this damned librarian have a name?"

He lifts the wine and drinks, the taste of the blood wine is slightly metallic. It tastes like he's bit his tongue.

"Your wine isn't half bad."

Lord Soth
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:48:19 PM
The Death Knight paused in his stride at Sol's open thought's...A subtle but wicked chuckle escaped him as to the man's assumption's of Soth's demeanor...Sol's decline only irritated the Vampyre master to the point of weather or not he should kill the outlander on the spot, nothing more, nothing less...However, Soth's ability to see the future told him this pompous new comer would have some good use in time. And Sol's candid attitude amused the ancient knight, perhaps that alone being the main reason why he still drew breath into his mortal body...

Without turning, the dark overlord replied in a methodical voice.

"That Damned Liberian would go by the name of Nathan Vergis...I would warn you now my friend...He is somewhat more volatile then I...Remember that well...I would hate to think of your demise winding up as being one his favorite tome cover's or display piece's...Good day." The Death Knight then exited the Roon Inn; returning to the well hidden docking bay that lay underneath the Shrine Keep it's self. There was a secretive shipment had just arrived for inspection. A shipment of precious cargo that the Death Knight himself had paid handsomely for...

Sol Invictus
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:03:35 PM
Sol simply smirks, he knows what he's doing. Nathan Vergis? Very well. He will seek this man. But first, he will finish this wine. He will be drinking it more often in a short while anyway, may as well grow accustomed to it now. He downed the rest at one go and stood, his search for knowledge continuing on.