PDA

View Full Version : A thought about the Spiderman movie

ReaperFett
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:02:36 PM
At school, Peter Parket accently web shoots that guys tray, and everyone watches him leave, tray dragging behind.

The guy follows and tries to kick his rear, but PP uses all this great fighting ability to beat him.

SIx months later, a guy is fighting crime, shooting webbing and using a great fighting ability.

My question is this.

HOW DIDNT ANYONE NOTICE THIS???

I mean, are these kids stupid or something? :)

Sanis Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:04:31 PM
Drugs = memory loss :)

Sol Invictus
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:09:00 PM
Parker was always a nutcase, so when he did all that, they noted the sudden addition to the list of wierd stuff he does and dismissed it. Besides, how could a dork like him be Spider-man? :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:00:30 PM
That did bother me, in the comics he never did anything like that, I am more surprised that Mary Jane or Harry haven't figured it out by the end of the movie, since they have seen Spider Man more than the other kids in the school.

ReaperFett
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:11:56 PM
Harry, who lives with the guy, and who kept dissapearing at night :)

darth_mcbain
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:57:15 PM
I never thought about that, though I didn't think all that much about Spiderman anyway... Plenty of the kids saw the webbing, yet none of them ever put two and two together that PP = Spiderman... Maybe too much TV has shortened their attention spans...

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:58:39 PM
I always thought it was impossible that MJ never recognized his voice

Judas Escariot
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:09:53 PM
The movie was alright.....can't believe it beat SW Epi II

darth_mcbain
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:22:49 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I always thought it was impossible that MJ never recognized his voice

She must suffer from the same syndrome as Lois Lane, who apparently can't tell that Clark Kent looks exactly like Superman except for those goofy glasses... Come on, Supe - like you're fooling anyone with those glasses... :)

Sanis Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:32:23 PM
I love the SNL skit with the Rock as superman

Ishan Shade
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:35:41 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Drugs = memory loss :)

No it does.....wait....what were we talking about?

Dae Jinn
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:51:31 PM
:lol

I think it depends on the school...maybe it was like, a "stupid" school for "bad" kids? :lol *has one of those in her town*

Quadinaros
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:33:11 AM
C'mon guys, this is a comic book adaptation. If a superhero's identity is a secret, then it's a secret. Deal with it. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:01:32 AM
*pulls the Oh-No-They're-Reading-Too-Much-Into-A-Comic-Book-Movie alarm* :eek

I agree with Quadinaros, even though he liked the movie Purple Rain. :x

;)

Jedieb
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:17:02 AM
She knows by the end of the movie. In the comic she figures out his identity also. But remember, these are COMICS! Superman fooled Lois Lane and everyone at the Daily Planet with nothing but a pair of glasses. Some reporters. :rolleyes

JMK
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:28:48 AM
And also with help from the Superman curl! ;)

Nupraptor
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:01:39 AM
Well, the students never got a really good look at the webbing... it could have just as easily been silly string or rope, used for the "prank" he pulled.

ReaperFett
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:59:54 PM
THE COMICS DIDNT DO ANYTHING THAT DUMB!

Dont use that as an excuse. There is a MAJOR plothole. How can an Identity be secret if 30-40 locals saw it when he was normal?

And the comics didnt have PP shoot webbing from himself and then get into a fight either, so that argument isnt valid.

Course, if Palpatine made it obvious he was Sidious, Im sure the argument would be more common :rolleyes