PDA

View Full Version : Violin (open, maybe a fight)

Tempist the Uncaring
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:55:02 AM
The complex was huge. Few organizations could boast that their headquaters was an actual mansion, instead of a number of buildings or and old castle or anything of the like. Although The Broken Circle was still in it's youth, they still had a hell of a place.

Outside, twards the far end of the garden maze, was a man, playing a violin. He was clad in a black trench coat, with a shaven head, and two ominous looking spikes protruding from his lower jaw. He wasn't playing slow and depressing like he usuially was though. Infact, his music had a very happy sound to it, and was rather uplifting. Yes, Tempist Opps had had alot to be happy about as of late. Between finding old friends (or resurecting them), finding some new, and founding this very organization, he'd been in an abnormally good mood.

As magnificent as TBC's complex was, there was still no exterior guard system in place. After the ten foot wall was passed, it became all too easy for people to just walk around in the garden. The building itself was completely safe still, that was made sure of upon the purchase of the mansion. But the garden however, was easy enough for someone to enter if they truly wanted to.

Tempist the Uncaring
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:47:37 PM
A few hours had passed, and Tempist grew tired. He grasped the violin by the neck in one hand, the bow in the other. He started walking out twards the back of the garden, still not knowing the terrain in it's entierity. Even though it was in part his estate, he still didn't have the same knowlage of it's grounds as he did for his older home. He came to the large raught iron gate, where the two halves of the wall met. He sighed, and walked a little more.

Eve Siren
Nov 13th, 2002, 11:04:24 AM
Empty brown eyes peered down at the man from the top of the walls.

Where do you think you're going now ? Took me a while to track you down.

Tempist didn't need to look to even see who it was. Eve sat on the ten foot wall, hugging her left knee against her chest, her hands resting around her ankle as her other leg just hung loose from there. Between her arms held a long glaive, slightly similiar to a scythe. She wore her usual leather attire, but unusually didn't have her helmet anywhere on or near her. She tilted her head to the side, her long dark brown hair flowing with the gentle breeze of the garden. It had been a while since she had seen Tempist, he decided to leave after he ressurected her, leaving her to take care of Syren by herself. It was hard work, and she wasn't mad at him, but she wanted to know how he was doing.

She's been asking about you lately. She continued talking to him through the Force.

Tempist the Uncaring
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:35:27 PM
Although she couldn't see it, a small smile came accross his face. There were only a small handful of people he knew well enough to know them by the voice alone anymore, even fewer who he wouldn't threaten on the spot. Eve was a few notches higher than both of them, one of a slim few he called friends.

"Has she?" he asked, with a sincere curiosity. They didn't even have to ask who 'she' was, they both knew very well.

Eve Siren
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:12:33 AM
Yes. She was getting worried ... Though it's hard to tell.

She nodded slightly and returned his smile with an equally small one. She let go of her leg and slowly slid down the small wall. She then looked at the violin he held, her head canting to the side.

"I didn't know you played."

Tempist the Uncaring
Nov 16th, 2002, 08:59:11 PM
Worried? was the only thing that came to his mind for a moment, before he shifted his attention to the next statement. He noded slightly, and shifted his weight.

"Aye, an old skill I picked up many years ago... at one time, music was my ventelation, my escape. I used to be able to play anything with strings, but my abilities have faded over the last century or so. Now all I have but two instruments of musical destruction... the violin and the guitar."

Without any prior warning, Tempist lashed out quickly with the back of the violin bow, coming within centimeters of Eve's head. After his arm retracted, he quickly apologized.

"Sorry about that, a bug the size of a wookie was about to sting you."

His thoughts went back to the music now.

"Do you play? I've heard your keyboard, but I don't know of anything else."

Eve Siren
Nov 20th, 2002, 04:54:37 PM
"I sing. But I haven't since I came back."

Eve only tilted her head to the side as Tempist did his move. Being now the emotionless person that she was, it didn't phase her. It should've, maybe. She spinned her long heavy glaive around her fingers before leaning it on her shoulder.

"When are you stopping this thing you are doing and come see her ? The endless wandering around must be tiring."

Tempist the Uncaring
Nov 28th, 2002, 09:33:32 PM
"Indeed it is, but that is why we have this land. It is in the name of the Broken Circle, and all of it's membrers."

He was trying to hint for Syren and Eve to move into the mansion, with the others, but he didn't want to put any pressure on her. He just wanted Eve and Syren to be happy, and for them to know that the house was always open to them as well.

"But, only for you two, I will make some time. How's tuseday sound?"

Eve Siren
Nov 29th, 2002, 11:10:19 AM
"Tuesday sounds perfect, that is, if we don't die before then."

Eve got Tempist's hint very well, but hesitated on taking a decision. After all, she had to talk to Syren about it. She leaned the side of her forehead against the sharp side of her glaive.

"What did you do to get this land, anyway ?"

Tempist the Uncaring
Nov 30th, 2002, 08:38:10 AM
He smiled.

"Actually, I purchased it. It's former owner had passed away, and the bank that had posession over it was eager to let go of it. With all of the credits I'd saved up from my work as a smith, and some of the darker means when I was younger, I found a warm place to call a home for all of us outcasts."

Tempist regreted all of the times he'd stolen or illed for money, but those days were behind him. The last reminants of those days died with the town he'd destoried all those months ago.

Eve Siren
Nov 30th, 2002, 10:07:37 AM
Eve closed her eyes, her head still leaning on the sharp side of her glaive. She lifted her head lightly, then opened her brown eyes once more.

"The owner is still wandering around here ..." She paused. "... I can feel him."

Tempist the Uncaring
Dec 4th, 2002, 03:06:51 PM
He didn't doubt that Eve could feel the dead man's presence, it had been said that sometimes spirits cling to what they had when they lived. He looked at Eve's head on the glaive, and began to wonder why that didn't hurt. It seemed to him that it probably would.

"Eve... is everything alright?"

Eve Siren
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:51:11 AM
Eve remained silent for a long moment. Her eyes fell to the ground for a slight second before looking back up to Tempist. She sighed and nodded to reassure him.

"Everything is fine."

Tempist the Uncaring
Dec 7th, 2002, 08:48:55 AM
"...and if things weren't, you'd tell me, right?"

Somthing seemed to be bothering Eve, even when the changes she'd undergone recently were taken into account. Tempist wanted to help if he could, but he had no idea what to do.