PDA

View Full Version : I cannot believe this...

JediBoricua
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:21:02 PM
8 Miles is actually getting excellent reviews.

see for yourselves:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/8Mile-1116055/

77% approval rate! o_O

I don't think very highly of Eminem, actually I despise the little worm. When I first heared he was making a movie I compared him to Shaq in Kaazam, but if word of mouth is as good as reviews are I might have to see this one.

Scary.

Dae Jinn
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:28:58 PM
He's an angry white rapper.....playing an angry white rapper....doesn't seem he like he would have trouble with that! :lol

ReaperFett
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:46:38 PM
I will admit, from the clips I've seen he does actually seem quite a capable actor. It isnt a film I'll go see, but I will make sure I see it the moment its on rental.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:46:48 PM
I debating on seeing it all. I dislike him greatly and don't think I want to see it in theaters maybe video. I am still shocked it made 20 million on the first day, I think a lot of that was fans going out on first day I think Saturday and sunday will be lower totals. I was at the theater to see another film and 8 Mile didn't looked packed, the SC2 though seemed to be selling out, I think that is because families go to the theaters mostly on Saturdays.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2002, 10:00:37 PM
I want to see this movie!! It looks good to me...or at the very least intruiging. I don't like his "killed my girlfriend and stuffed her in the trunk" songs, but some of his music is actually *really* good.

Besides, Kim Basinger is in it too. I likes her.

Quadinaros
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:40:42 AM
Lil, it also has alot in common with Purple Rain. :p

Actually I saw 8 mile last night, and I thought it was a good movie. And I can say I don't like Eminem, and I really dislike rap music. The main reason I saw it is because I'm a fan of director Curtis Hanson. But it was a really interesting story to an unhip white boy like me. I'm glad I saw it. :cool

Sanis Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:47:25 AM
Well I (the minority) am an eminem fan, and I love his music. The movie looks good, but not enough for me to spend money on, so I'll wait for it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:50:08 AM
OH NO PURPLE RAIN! :eek

Thats it I take it back I'll wait for video so I can throw popcorn at the screen.

No wait..the difference between them is that..*gasp* Eminem might actually be able to act!!

ReaperFett
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:53:11 AM
Prince might have been able to too :)

Nupraptor
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:02:58 AM
Despite the good things I've heard about this movie:

A) I really, really don't like Eminem.

B) I'm not interested in Hip-Hop, the time rappers have to do in jail or anything else of that nature.

Which makes it hard for me to justify spending the money on it. Especially since there are other things coming out.

Dutchy
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:05:24 AM
$54.5M estimated weekend gross. That's a hell of a good opening.

JMK
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:22:29 PM
I don't care at all about Eminem, and I don't foresee ever seeing this movie. Ah well.

dbn
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:31:07 PM
Big fan of hip hop and rap, and really enjoy eminem a lot!
Needless to say I cannot wait to see 8 mile, and very happy to see the out come at the box office. I really had not a clue it would be that big of an opening--I thought it would make that much in its whole run. The question is now--can it make over 150?

Jinn Fizz
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:08:17 PM
Originally posted by Nupraptor
Despite the good things I've heard about this movie:

A) I really, really don't like Eminem.

B) I'm not interested in Hip-Hop, the time rappers have to do in jail or anything else of that nature.

Which makes it hard for me to justify spending the money on it. Especially since there are other things coming out.

I second that emotion.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:17:03 PM
I went to see "8 Mile" last night and it was a very very excellent movie! It was directed well and the acting was really great! ;)

I am a huge fan of Eminem! I love his music and his overall F-U attitude. The movie gets its point across well and the music for it is awesome too! :D

*Skips away and waits to buy it when its released on DVD* :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:39:19 PM
OMG you and Charley have something in common!!!!!:eek

*faints, a la Scully in Monsters Inc*

jjwr
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:10:24 PM
Maybe it'll be a decent film, what really annoys me though is all these singers/rappers/etc who do movies where they're singers/rappers/etc.....I mean thats just lame! Act as something else...please!!

Ok I'm done now :)

Sanis Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:02:22 PM
Well...it will be excusable if this is his only one. He could be like vin diesel though, and wind up playing only one part -- Vin Diesel.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:00:16 PM
I have always disliked M&M. He's a loud mouth punk that tries to act tough, I'd -itch slap the bleach out of his hair. Anyone that sings about killing there wife/girlfriend and calls there mother a whore(true or not) is a slime ball. I will never understand his appeal to anyone. BUT he has made Millions (only due to others REAL talent) and he'll make more.I don't get it but ohh well:\

JMK
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:57:36 PM
Where's the justice eh Buff???

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:02:47 AM
Ive not seen it and probably wont until it comes out on video but for those that I talked to who had watched it, they all said that it was really good and that Eminem did a great job in it.

Figrin D'an
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:13:53 AM
I'll consider seeing it if the reviews continue to be positive. But, not until video, if not until it hits the movie channels. It just isn't high enough on my film priority list to warrant spending the money on it.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:17:04 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Where's the justice eh Buff???

Truth!!