PDA

View Full Version : Although it is a sacrilege...

Levi Argon
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:06:18 PM
...I must confess that I enjoyed "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" much, much more than "Attack of the Clones". You simply must go see this film, I was thrilled beyond belief sat there in the theatre. This second instalment in the Harry Potter series is far better than it's predecessor and is so far movie of the year for me but I do await with anticipation to see "The Two Towers" better it. I shall be going again tomorrow to see it and I urge you guys do as soon as possible too. It doesn't come out until the 15th here but thank God for sneak previews.

I just had to get that out of my system. That is all. :D

Zeke
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:09:39 PM
BURN THE WITCH! :D j/k. If the second's better than the first, then we're in for something else all together. Is the movie longer than the first as well? The books get progressively thicker as the series goes...wonder if the movies do the same.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:10:59 PM
From the adverts I've seen it looks much better than the first anyhow. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing it now :)

Levi Argon
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:23:02 PM
It started at about 5:05pm and finished at 7:45pm. I'm quite sure it's longer and what's better is that not a moment of it drags.

It's quite sad to see Richard Harris playing Dumbledore so well knowing that he will not grace the sequels with his presence. :(

Figrin D'an
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:32:22 PM
Nah, it's not sacrilege... there are a lot of people that liked FOTR more than AOTC, so it's no different in this case. If it's a good movie, and it lives up to the book (which I enjoyed very much... all of the HP books are quite entertaining), then it should be a fun film to watch. I look forward to it, especially now that someone around here has given it a thumbs up. :)

Jinn Fizz
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:49:39 PM
Thanks for the report, Levi! I enjoyed The Sorceror's Stone very much, and I'm definitely looking forward to The Chamber of Secrets. I don't know if I'll like it more than AOTC, but as long as I'm entertained, that's all I want :). And I agree, the ads make it look quite good.

I will really miss Richard Harris as Dumbledore, he was perfect in that role. I haven't heard anything more about the rumors regarding Christopher Lee taking over the role....

How was Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy? He was so awesomely evil in The Patriot, I would have to think he's an absolute serpent as Draco's dad. :evil

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:59:52 PM
I didn't want to see the first HP movie..and it was better than I had expected, having never read the books. I still haven't read any of the books. But it was long and it dragged on and on. You know its too long when about 3/4 of the way through you find yourself struggling to read your watch in the dark.

But, it was still an entertaining movie, and I will be sure to catch this newest one, esp. since Gav/Levi/Andrew gives it such glowing reviews. ;)

Levi Argon
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:00:16 PM
Oh I most definately enjoyed FOTR more than AOTC too. That for me goes without saying really. :)

And I thought Jason Isaacs was brilliant as Lucius Malfoy, you could really see from where Draco's characteristics came from and he is certainly a deliciously wicked character. Look forward very much to seeing him in the next movies.

On a related note, another of the new additions to the cast, Kenneth Brannagh, naturally captured the character of Gildroy Lockheart and played him marvellously. The scenes with him in where hilarious! :)

ReaperFett
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:01:59 PM
I will really miss Richard Harris as Dumbledore, he was perfect in that role. I haven't heard anything more about the rumors regarding Christopher Lee taking over the role....
He was very insulted reporters brought it up so soon

Jinn Fizz
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:04:58 PM
I don't blame Mr. Lee for being angry. :(

I'm glad to know that Kenneth Branagh plays Lockhart so well. I've always liked him, he's a fine fine actor, so having him as part of the Potter cast now is a real treat. :)

ReaperFett
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:08:55 PM
It's more likely to be the guy who was Harris' extra. He looks like him, talks like him and did some of his scenes.

And the only thing about Branagh is he reminds me of Keither Sutherland :)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:12:07 PM
the only thing about Branagh is he reminds me of Keither Sutherland

:lol I know what you mean

BUFFJEDI
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:16:52 PM
I finally watched the first Harry potter a few months ago on vhs with my nephew(and ONLY!!!! because of my nephew) and I have to say that if The 2nd harry potter is 100 times better than the first , it still will SUCK!!!!I'll just watch my AOTC DVD until it falls apart :D

BUFFJEDI
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:17:48 PM
OH , BTW it is Sacrilge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:56:09 PM
Good repot Levi!

I enjoyed the first Potter movie, but didn't think it was anythign great. If the second is better, that's a good thing!

Figrin D'an
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:56:13 PM
Keifer Sutherland?

I mean, I guess he and Brannagh look a bit alike, but the similarities pretty much end there... pretty different acting styles...

JediBoricua
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:07:17 PM
For me the second book is the least good, they are all great, but the 2nd is not on the same league with the rest. The trailers look great though, action packed and the scenes are pretty. Too bad I'll have to wait a month more for it to open here, just one week before TTT.

darth_mcbain
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:11:56 PM
I am really looking forward to it personally - I'm going to see it this Saturday. I liked the first one quite a bit, and I liked the second book very much. The whole series has some cool ideas in it, I've liked all of the books so far, and the first movie was pretty good IMHO, but it ain't Star Wars...

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:03:54 PM
I liked the first movie and I am sure I will enjoy Part 2 but I doubt personally it will surpass AOTC. I might see it this week or just wait to the following weekend, haven't decided yet.

Sanis Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:56:23 AM
I loathe Harry Potter. The first one was god-awful, british whimsy. Its like watching a Christmas Carol, and smokin a couple of bowls mid-transit. No thanks.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:13:00 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
I loathe Harry Potter. The first one was god-awful, british whimsy. Its like watching a Christmas Carol, and smokin a couple of bowls mid-transit. No thanks. :lol :lol :loL
course I have no idea what the heck you ment
O_o

Sanis Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:23:01 PM
Like everything is done through the midst of a four alarm tiny tim nightmare. It just doesn't sit well on my stomach, much like licorice jelly beans

Nupraptor
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:14:07 PM
Licorice Jelly Beans are the best! :)

I plan on eventually catching the next Harry Potter movie... just don't know if I'll see it in theaters.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:40:24 PM
I'd catch it, if it ever stopped running away from me!! :mad

*groans* I wanna go HOOOOOME! *curses work on a Sunday!!!*