PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 NFL Rivalries

Taylor Millard
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:20:38 PM
All right...here's what ya get to do. ESPN named their Top 10 Football Rivalries in the NFL. Now..I paid attention to about half of them (1-5) and I don't necessarily agree with the order.

Now..from 1-5, this was ESPN's Top 5 Rivalries:

1) Green Bay vs. Chicago

2) Oakland vs Denver

3) Miami vs. NY Jets

4) Dallas vs. Washington

5) Philadelphia vs. NY Giants.

Okay...now here's what you get to do...pick your own rivalries. Who do you see as the Top 5 Rivalries in the history of the NFL.

I'll post mine after the first couple posts.

Brielle Acaana
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:28:02 PM
In the 80's, the 9ers and the Cowboys had a fairly strong rivalry going but Im not too sure now.

In the 60's, the Packers and Chiefs had a bit of one, I believe.

Im blank otherwise :(

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:38:30 PM
How could they pick the Raiders and Broncos over the Raiders and Chiefs? The Raiders and Chiefs hate each other and they have been true rivals to me they are greatest rival in NFL. After that
Washinton-Dallas
GB-Chicago
Philiadelphia-Giants
Pittsburg-Cleveland

Taylor Millard
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:45:14 PM
For me...it's

1) GB vs. Chicago (Mainly 'cause it's been going on for 80 years)

2) Dallas vs. Washington (as someone from Dallas who lives in Washington...trust me...they love to hate each other)

3) Oakland vs. Denver (why...I dunno)

4) Dallas vs. SF (It got #9 on ESPN's list but since Terrel Owens antics two years ago...both teams are hitting a little harder when they play)

5) KC vs Oakland

sirdizzy
Nov 9th, 2002, 10:39:24 AM
there is nothing more violent then a denver oakland game is why

when denver plays in oakland every year they collect all the batteries thrown at them by raiders fans

then theres shanahans mix into it with him still being bitter at oakland owner al davis for firing hum in 1989 and owing him a half million in back pay

denver players have said mike tells them not to bother coming home if they lose to oakland