PDA

View Full Version : The Fantastic Four

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:42:07 PM
This is from MTV.com it looks like they are getting closer to start casting

The Fantastic Four: MTV talked with writer Doug Petrie who elaborated on details he spilled last week about the script for the comic adaptation which he's now comparing a lot to the Beatles movie: "The big reason I got hired was that the scripts that were done before, by pretty big-name guys, were origin stories. [The other scripts] were very big on 'these are astronauts that go to space' for the first, like, half-hour. It was something like 'Armageddon.' I just kept saying it's got to be like 'A Hard Day's Night'. To the world outside, they are the world's coolest superheroes. [But] when they get home, they just fight with each other about everything. They order pizzas and argue about who gets the better costumes and stuff like that. It's a family comedy when they get behind closed doors". Paul Walker, Charlize Theron, John C. Reilly and Alexis Denisof as the team with Jude Law as Dr. Doom are Petrie's dream casting choices for the parts, and Petrie went on to elaborate a lot about the look of Dr. Doom: "He gets screwed out of the superpowers, so he made himself who he is. ... The Marvel guys were very high on showing the actor's face. ... I hope I'm not spilling too many secrets. But I got caught up with how to show his face but keep the scariness of a guy in a mask. I wanted the big reveal to be [that] the mask is a high-tech thing that can separate and retract off his face when he wants it to. You see that he's unbelievably handsome. ... But it doesn't end there. When he's handsome, he's lying. When his real character comes out, his face starts to sag and melt and scarify in this horrible way. And what you learn is that his face got so smashed upon his re-entry - he was one of the original astronauts - he's literally falling apart. And the mask is the only thing keeping him together

Hey he stole half my cast :p I am not sure who Alexis Denisof is?? Is he one of the doctors on ER maybe. I am not sure he could play Richards, I am betting they will try to get Clooney because they need somebody to bring in an audience and he will. Finally the only thing that bothers me is Doom. Not the idea of a Law, he is a good actor and could pull it off, but the only thing about his body falling apart I am not sure about. I like the marvel story with the reason he wears the suit is to hide the scar that he think makes him hideous. Its possible that they think audiences won't buy that I am not sure. Have to see how this works out.

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:44:27 PM
Hes from Angel, not a clue which.

ANd it is iffy. They estimated a $200m film. A fight between the Thing and the Human torch would be abaout a million a minute.

Itd bomb, IMO

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:52:04 PM
I think that estimate came from the first script, years ago, (I think it might have had Galactus in it or something) I hope it wouldn't bomb it is my favorite comic, if they put Clooney in it I think it would work. And the Thing I think would be more makeup than CGI, I admit the Human torch would be tough.

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:55:45 PM
Id pay to see him shout "Flame on!" though :)

The problem was though Carr, that 2 characters are CGI. Reed would also me mainly CGI. THats not doing fancy things, thats just normal

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:00:03 PM
Still CGI is cheaper now though, LOTR and SW had CGI characters, actually thousands of them and they pulled it off without costing too much money. They just have to be carefull how they do it. They might also go the cheap route and have the Thing is some kind of kind of makeup/suit and partial CGI (to make it look more realistic) Reed would only be CGI when he is fighting luckily. Sue's powers would require very little. Doom is actually the easiest, unless they start to have him flying around or something.

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:03:19 PM
I disagree about Reed. In the comics, he uses it a lot from what I see.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:06:09 PM
They could tone it down, in the comics it becomes comical and I don't think he needs to do it all the time in the movie.

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:13:55 PM
question is, will he wear blue spandex? :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:20:01 PM
I don't know it might look stupid in Film, I change it a little bit but keep the color of there uniforms to blue.

Jedieb
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:42:44 PM
So are we basically going to miss out on an origin story? I would think an origin story would be cheaper because you'd have the characters as normal humans for 1/4 of the movie. But if it's done right, it could work.

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:46:54 PM
I like the idea that we first see then as the F4, and THEN see their origin.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:47:54 PM
I think we might have a couple flashbacks with Doctor Doom, have to explain what happened with him. I think they are trying to tighten the story up, I think there would be a lot going on if they try to do their origins and the battle with Doom.

Taylor Millard
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:19:38 AM
YES DOOM!

:D

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:32:21 AM
Alexis Denisof plays the extremely British "Wesley", aka Mini Giles.

... and this movie... wOO! Hoorah for Superhero movies :D