PDA

View Full Version : Now the Portal's givin' me trouble

Zeke
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:00:31 PM
Everytime I go to the portal, it kicks me off whatever account I'm on and logs me in as Zeke. On top of that, I can't seem to log my other accounts out. I log out as say, Inu-Aku, log in, and Inu's still there on the boards. According to Who's Online 2 of my other characters are just sitting on the Main Index. Actually, Who's Online forces me onto Zeke as well...I can't stay logged in as anyone else!

Taylor Millard
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:18:32 PM
Have you refreshed your browser ever while that happens?

Or clean out your cookies as well?

Zeke
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:19:50 PM
I refreshed. I did it 20 times already. Maybe its a cookies thing. What do I do about that?

Taylor Millard
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:23:36 PM
Okay on the top of IE where you see 'File' Edit 'View' Favorites...etc etc

Go to 'Tools' then Internet Options.

In 'Temporary Internet Options' it'll be one of the first things you'll see click 'Delete Cookies'.

Plus you can clear you're Temporary Internet Files there too.

There's also a manual way of doing it by going into Windows Explorer...but I'll let one of the more techie guys explain that.

Zeke
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:26:03 PM
Ok...now I can't seem to stay logged in AT ALL...every time I go to the portal or Who's Online, I have to log in...now it keeps kicking me off as opposed to booting me onto Zeke's name.

Taylor Millard
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:27:17 PM
Well if you clear your cookies then you have to log in again.

I've done all I can...I'll let the admins take over now.

I'm just saying what I've done in the past to help.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:52:59 PM
In your user CP options, select "Yes" for the option to "Remember Username and password", so you will stay logged in correctly.

Sol Invictus
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:01:40 PM
It still makes me log in every single time I go to or leave the Portal or Who's Online.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:05:56 PM
You will need to clear your cookies with all your Internet Explorer windows closed.

Close all your browser windows including this one. OPen the Control Panel and then open Internet. on the screen that comes up, click Delete cookies, then click ok, close the Internet properties window and open your browser back up.

Zeke
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:09:22 PM
::tears of joy flow like waterfalls::

It...works...

::resists the urge to hug SWFans.net::

Thanks big guy.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:10:53 PM
You are welcome. :)

TheHolo.Net
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:14:17 PM
Thanks for the assist Taylor. :)

Taylor Millard
Nov 9th, 2002, 04:58:15 AM
Just trying to help :)

If I coulda explained how to do the Windows Explorer deal I woulda. :)