PDA

View Full Version : Branwen's Thoughts I: Structural Basics

Branwen Morcant
Jan 10th, 2002, 07:31:51 PM
From now on, I intend to bring up one of these threads whenever something is up for debate. I'll offer my thoughts on a subject, and we can choose to discuss it or let it go or do whatever with it. Anyone else can do the same, of course... lol.... this is just to make a start.

Now, there are several things that need to be mentioned before I can come to any suggestions. These are the ideas of Jimi and Hollie when they were making this board - the purpose of its existence. So they stand here as I understood them:

1) The Queen Ashiva is our leader - In Character. OOC this is Hollie's board, and as such she has full power over it at any time. Assistant Administrators have been chosen, but their roles need to be discussed in the future.

2) This group is essentially a family of people, not a mere number of members - it follows that all that become members are automatically equal in their say, regardless of what their rank is elsewhere or here. As such we have to take great care of who we chose to accept as new members, but also have to be open to each others' problems with any given subject (yes, in both IC and OOC areas).

3) The main goal of this group is to have fun whilst RPing - we are not at any time in competition against any other group or people about any matter that would destroy our fun (IC, and OOC). While Real Life will always be more important to any matters in RPing, we should try to leave RL problems of any nature from infecting our behaviour or actions on this board.

From that follows the following (in my opinion):

1) The amount of people to apply will, in all probability, remain small - it is wise to keep that in mind rather than plan ahead for great masses of people arriving on our doorstep. Accordingly, we should try to fashion our structure after that thought - not go and make big plans for a future that might not turn out that way.

2) We are not TSE, we are not TBH, we're not any other group already out there. Hence if we have rules, we need to make them up from our own ideas - they might be influenced by those of other groups, but we need to keep in mind the first 3 facts I stated before, and mould our ideas around those.

3) We have to make a list of topics that should be up for discussion:
Membership (joining procedure, approval system)
Ranks ( levels within as opposed to outside)
Training (apprenticeships, learning levels)
Group Structure (Voting, Positions, etc)
Affiliations (Allowed?)

Well, that's all I can think of for the moment about just the basics. My suggestions will come in another thread.

Any comments / additional ideas about any of this?

PS: Very important first rule: Let's keep the sigs in hre to a minimum. We all know what we look like - we don't need to show them around in here as well. It saves space, and makes threads in this forum faster to load. I could disable the Sig options in here therefore.

Pandora Damaris
Jan 10th, 2002, 07:58:01 PM
Yes, I really like what Mara has put together here as a possible structure. I've talked to her on IM and the stuff you see here above. This really reflects my personal opinion on what is represented. But we as a "Family" need to hear from "all" of you here as existing members. So please, come in, and voice your opinion too...We need your idea's and thought's so we can finalize a draft and put it into use. This of course will take some time, so HURRY UP!! ...lol... Everyone, thanks for being here too. I know we'll make a great family! And I also know that we'll kick <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> with the potential threads that are sure to come!

OBTW: This is Jimi...:P

Jedah Lynch
Jan 15th, 2002, 07:43:40 PM
1) The Queen Ashiva is our leader - In Character. OOC this is Hollie's board, and as such she has full power over it at any time. Assistant Administrators have been chosen, but their roles need to be discussed in the future.
Sounds good to me. Any roles sure shall be discussed or suggested and then debated in orderly fashion.

2) This group is essentially a family of people, not a mere number of members - it follows that all that become members are automatically equal in their say, regardless of what their rank is elsewhere or here. As such we have to take great care of who we chose to accept as new members, but also have to be open to each others' problems with any given subject (yes, in both IC and OOC areas).
I can agree to this. No matter any role, rank and/or status we are family first, we need to look out for each other, support each other and do what we can for each other. If there is a problem in Shine we take care of it as a family, we don't pounce on each other, we do our best to talk in a civil manner. If there exist an issue that must be taken care of and one person knows of it then that person should their best to talk to someone, be it one member or the person directly to help resolved san situation. This will be so the Shrine operates efficiently.

3) The main goal of this group is to have fun whilst RPing - we are not at any time in competition against any other group or people about any matter that would destroy our fun (IC, and OOC). While Real Life will always be more important to any matters in RPing, we should try to leave RL problems of any nature from infecting our behaviour or actions on this board.
Having fun Rping can be easier said than done but we got a good group here, good people and not out to cause any damage to anyone else or out to cause anyone harm. That's the way it is, thats the way it should be.
1) The amount of people to apply will, in all probability, remain small - it is wise to keep that in mind rather than plan ahead for great masses of people arriving on our doorstep. Accordingly, we should try to fashion our structure after that thought - not go and make big plans for a future that might not turn out that way.
Keeping the group small and without ambitions of take over at swfans or such idiocy is a good idea. I'm getting rather tired of groups trying to be "all that" If people wish to join we can evaluate them as stated in another thread and see how will they do. If they do good they may be accepted, if not then we send them on their way. We simply will make sure this group doesn't get bloated so that it becomes hard to manage.

2) We are not TSE, we are not TBH, we're not any other group already out there. Hence if we have rules, we need to make them up from our own ideas - they might be influenced by those of other groups, but we need to keep in mind the first 3 facts I stated before, and mould our ideas around those.
The Shrine shall be its own group, I believe we all know that and shall work together to ensure it stays as such, we may look at how other groups operate to learn from their mistakes or succession in how they handle matters but we will make our own way to do things as needed.

3) We have to make a list of topics that should be up for discussion: Membership (joining procedure, approval system) Ranks ( levels within as opposed to outside) Training (apprenticeships, learning levels) Group Structure (Voting, Positions, etc) Affiliations (Allowed?)

Believe all those issues are being discussed in one or two threads at the present time. I believe we can take off sigs from being used in this forum, they are mostly used to show off to others in RPs etc. Here were we debate or talk about any important matter its more or less eye candy we can do without.