PDA

View Full Version : Shrine Rules Second Draft

Nicholas Kain
Feb 10th, 2002, 10:20:52 PM
Upon Jedah's asking I have put together a second draft of the rules. There wasn't many changes to the rules, and this does not include the definitions of the ranks posted by Soth.

General Rules of Conduct:
1. You will respect the rights of all members. Flaming is unacceptable!
2. You will attempt to resolve conflicts between yourselves. If a conflict cannot be resolved other members can be asked to step in and mediate.
3. The good of the group comes before personal ambitions.
4. Treason is an automatic banning.
5 You will NOT use OOC information to benefit yourself IC.
6. Admission in to locked forums will be granted only after the person has proven himself or herself loyal and deserving (2 to 3 months on average). Ask and you will AUTOMATICALLY be refused and not be reconsidered for 2 weeks.
7. The Shrine is a family and everyone in the group will uphold that atmosphere.
8. To prevent problems secret IC information needs to be revealed to at least one member of the Shrine who is neutral and not bias.
13. Violation of the rules results in demotion/banning/exile.
14. Repeat offenders (over 3) will be banned automatically.

Admission to the Shrine:
1. Applications are invited to be made in an IC manner in the Grand Parlour Forum. A specially appointed "welcomer" takes the request and brings it before the Circle for voting.
·All new applicants will be voted on by The Seven, (the full members of the group). Until a decision has been reached, assume the answer is "No." All those wishing casual entry into our grounds must attain it through the gatekeeper, unless they have been invited as guests. All those found to be unworthy shall be denied, and often times methodically destroyed.

3. Participation or having a second character in another group cannot be a sole reason for dismissing a request.
4. Permission may be denied at the Council’s discretion.

Apprentice Training (Sith/Vampire):
1. Once deemed qualified it is up to each individual person whether they take on an apprentice.
2. If at all possible the limit to the number of apprentices at least three.
3. Before an apprentice can be promoted they must have been on at least two RP's with their master.
4. Training may take place on the boards, in a chat room, or an instant message medium. If the training takes place somewhere other then the boards the transcript must be posted in the appropriate forum for documentation.
5. A petition for promotion must be brought before The Seven for vote on it.
6. Every apprentice will be made to feel welcome at the Shrine to ensure a long career in the group.

Alliances:
1. The decision to ally with any group or person must have a unanimous vote, temporary or otherwise.
2. The alliance must not conflict in any way with current alliances
3. If an ally turns against another ally the Shrine council must have a unanimous vote on whether or not to stay out of the conflict or side with one group or another.
4. Alliances can be broken with a week's notice from the party severing the alliance. No reason need be given.
5. Even though a group is allied with us the council must approve the sharing of "Sensitive" information.
6. Information obtained from one ally will not be shared with another ally.

Governmental Structure:
1. The council will consist of 7 members and be called The Seven.
2. Simple majority will decide all votes unless otherwise stated in the guidelines.
3. The council is not above any laws.
4. Violation of any of the rules can result in your removal from The Seven.
5. Once the constitution is finalized a 3/4 vote in the council is needed to amend it in any way.

Branwen Morcant
Feb 11th, 2002, 09:18:04 AM
Uhmm... hrmm.... I still don't like the whole Council thing. If that comes to pass, I beg leave not to be included in it. It's too much authority for me.

Nicholas Kain
Feb 11th, 2002, 12:10:24 PM
Well there wasn't much talk that I saw about the actual influence of the council. It was more about how many, what it was called, and who was in it. I could have missed something however.

Which parts exactly are you concerned with?

Branwen Morcant
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:51:45 PM
The part that there IS a council. In my opinion, for a group as small as this (and I don't make myself illusions that it's going to grow huge in a short while, either) , a council does little good besides stirring up trouble betwen those who are in it and those who aren't.

But I think I said all that somewhere in a post in one of my own rants.

Nicholas Kain
Feb 12th, 2002, 11:10:41 PM
I agree with you, when you say that we don't need a council right now. I mean when you look at it right now the members that are here would concievably be the council.

However, in time we may need a council. Would it not be better to agree on the government part of the rules now, but only add it when the time comes?

Jedah Lynch
Feb 18th, 2002, 08:46:22 PM
I like the rules as suggested.

Right now we dont need a council but if we do expand in number we will need a council to keep order to a degree. As long as it doesnt become too controlling and allows people to do what they want while making sure to reinforce the rules that governs vamps.

It can be a hard line to tread but I think we can do it.

Death Knight Soth
Feb 28th, 2002, 10:39:16 PM
OOC: I would like to call a "vote" on this matter guys and gal's...We can always add or remove stuff later in the Law's and Rule's. If there's a conflict or it doesn't work or jive, well, we can just work it out amongst ourself's :) . And if we need to add a few thing's and work out the bug's to make the "Rule's" better, then so be it...We always have the vote to do so...:) I juz want "us" to have a foundation and some where to start...We need that you know...Thankie :)

On the Laws & Rule's above, My vote is: "Yea"

Jedah Lynch
Feb 28th, 2002, 10:41:49 PM
Just to make sure there is no doubt I vote yes as well.

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:28:44 AM
my vote is yes on the rules and as soth said we can alwaysadd and remove later but right now we need a foundation.. :) huggs

Mistress Tatiana
Mar 1st, 2002, 02:12:20 AM
My vote is yes. I like the rules. :)

And about the council.... I realize we're small now, but once people start coming in, we're going to need it, otherwise things could get out of control. I've seen it happen.