PDA

View Full Version : Terrorize Your Telemarketer!

Mistress Tatiana
Aug 7th, 2002, 09:28:53 PM
1. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "Why do you want to know?" Alternately, you can tell them, "I am so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems; my arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died..." When they try to get to the sell, just keep talking about your problems.

2. If the caller says he's John Doe from XYZ Company, ask him to spell his name. Then ask him to spell the company name. Then ask where it's located. Continue asking personal questions or questions about the company for as long as necessary.

3. This works great if you are male: Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with Acme Aluminum Siding..." You: Wait for a second and with a real husky voice ask, "What are you wearing?"

4. Cry out in surprise, "Judy! Is that you? Oh my gosh! Judy, how have you been?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where the heck she could know you from.

5. Say "No," over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up.

6. After the telemarketer gives their spiel, ask him/her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you couldn't just give your credit card number to a complete stranger.

7. Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it's a telemarketer, set the receiver down, scream "Oh my God!" and hang up.

8. Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask them if they will give you their home phone number so you can call them back. When the Telemarketer explains that they cannot give out their home number, you say "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?" The telemarketer will agree and you say, "Now you know how I feel!" Hang up. (Thanks to "Seinfeld" for this one!)

9. Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.

10. Tell them it is dinnertime, but ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speakerphone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.

11. Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. "Come on Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon. How's your momma?"

12. Tell them to talk very slowly, because you want to write down every word !

Ratchet Via
Sep 22nd, 2002, 05:59:08 PM
That be funny. Ratchet Via is laughing at the poor.. how do you say.. Oh yes telemarketing world. This do be funny suggestions.

Mistress Tatiana
Oct 5th, 2002, 03:09:37 PM
Oh, hello. :) I don't believe I've seen you around before. Welcome to The Shrine. :)

Ratchet Via
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:45:00 PM
You do be doing Ratchet Via the honor my lady. I do be Ratchet Via Maximal Thief Taker. Many Predacon have I brought to justice many not be running far from Ratchet Via! Ratchet Via be a long way from home no? This place would be making Unicron happy I think. I best be described as a Tiger's head on a Human like form no. Strange I must be for your pretty eyes but I am all Machine of the Honorable Maximal Race.