PDA

View Full Version : TTT - It's not done yet???

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:12:01 PM
From IMDB:

New Zealand movie maker Peter Jackson faces a frantic month of re-editing Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers to make sure it's complete in time for its December 18th release. Nervous movie executives have been told the movie isn't complete yet - due to the fact Jackson has been busy ever since the first film picked up multiple awards at the Oscars and British Academy Awards earlier this year. Producer Barrie Osbourne says, "Everything went late but the thing about Peter is, he'll fight to the last minute to perfect the film, but when you finally say you must have it, he'll have it for you."

They've had a year and not done? And I thought I was bad for last minute work :)

Figrin D'an
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:32:43 PM
That's what happens when your expected to be at all of those big awards shows and give interviews... it cuts out of the time you have to finish your next project. I'm guessing he'll have a bit more time to work on ROTK, as I don't expect TTT to do as well awards-wise, so the demand for Jackson's time won't be as high.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 8th, 2002, 03:11:24 PM
it will DO BETTER!!

:(

I hope it gets done!!!!

JMK
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:46:31 PM
It'll get done, although Jackson may shed 50 pounds and look like Gollum when he's done. :D

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:53:51 PM
Muttering about his precioussssssssssssssssss :)

Taylor Millard
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:27:46 AM
From IMDB.COM

Posted today.

Correction: Second 'Lord of the Rings' Finished

According to a New Line Cinema publicist, reports citing that the upcoming Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers are incomplete are in fact erroneous, and that the movie will make its December 18th release on schedule, with no delays of any kind. Previous coverage had cited that New Zealand moviemaker Peter Jackson was facing a frantic month of re-editing, due to the fact that the director had been busy ever since the first film picked up multiple awards at the Oscars and British Academy Awards earlier this year. New Line has said that this is incorrect.

ReaperFett
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:45:33 AM
But note there is no actual quote denying it

JMK
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:32:00 AM
Aw who cares. New Line & Peter Jackson would move heaven & earth to make sure it's released on time, and done perfectly.