PDA

View Full Version : Driver's High (complete)

The Deliverator
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:14:43 AM
Today, the Deliverator has no work. He's out on his bike for the sheer hell of it, driving as fast as he can, because he can, and no one can frikkin stop him. The radio is blasting a good song...its in another language, but the Deliverator's mind translates it to basic with no trouble...the DJ announces the band and song title: GTO: Driver's High, then it starts...

It heated up, my silver metallic heart
I'll light the fuse
I feel so high it's strange
Let's kick some dust

Sounds good so far, he's on an abnormal rush for some reason...driving with no real destination, ignoring driving laws and speed limits, cruising just to do it.

A reckless beat blends in with the shrieks
Before my eyes is a rain that seems like missiles
My adrenaline's always flowin'
so it feels like it's me that's gonna overheat
Even if I explode and turn into ashes
I'll probably still be laughing, just like this

But he's not laughing. He left home on Naboo, against all odds seeking his fortune here as a code slicer...at that he's failed miserably...but he doesn't want to remember that. He gooses the throttle, the machine gaining speed steadily as he dodges traffic.

Blowing past the town, until the ends of the earth
Let's burn rubber and die together like lovers;
C'mon, give me your hand!

He sighs...he left a girlfriend back on Naboo...that one sounds alot like the lines he used to give her before going out on his old bike...But enough with the memories...speed is of the essence...

Raine Callador
Nov 17th, 2002, 01:12:54 AM
Raine sat on her small speeder and watched the traffic flash by. She had been told to meet someone here. She had been given a vague description, and the one thing that stood out was he wore goggles. She did not know his name but she knew he could help her.

The traffic was going at a fast rate, when suddenly a bike blew by her and she spotted a glint from the goggles the man wore.

She grimaced and started her speeder up. Maybe she had the meeting point wrong. She pushed her throttle to it's fastest level and took off after him. Swerving and cutting through traffic, she fought to catch up.

The Deliverator
Nov 17th, 2002, 01:19:40 AM
He's got a follower now...fine, let her follow him...

Let's cut loose until we reach our limit
So we can reach the horizon
Woh! Clash! Into the rolling morning
Flash! I'm in the coolest driver's high
Towards the best finale! Yeah!

He and his friends used to chase and race each other on the plains of Naboo, driving wild, from late in the afternoon well into the night, often straight until morning, not a care in the world...it had been a good feeling, letting the speed of the bike sweep you away...now it seems to bring nothing but memories and hard feelings. This chick's gaining on him...looking back, he sees her clearly. She's got a determined look, she intends to chase him down...but its not the malicious determination he's grown used to. He feels a twinge in his heart; that's the expression his friends used to have when he'd out distance them. He maxes out, he wants her gone. He wants the memories gone, the feeling of failure gone.

Raine Callador
Nov 17th, 2002, 01:26:39 AM
Raine lifted a hand, trying to wave him down when he glanced back. A sigh of relief had built but before she could release it, he took off again.

"What in the blazes." She muttered. leaning over the handles she picked her speed up. She was utterly determined to catch him. She then began to wonder f he was leading her away from the meeting spot for a reason. Perhaps someone had found out, or was following him. She pushed on, riding his tail.

The Deliverator
Nov 17th, 2002, 01:36:41 AM
Soon enough
A pitch black morning will come when we'll just wink out
Once you change into your favorite clothes,
we'll be off!

He'd left Naboo early in the morning, before the sun had risen...his girl had worn her favorite outfit and ridden with him to the spaceport on the back of his bike...the ride had taken an hour, but felt like a blissful eternity. God, he misses her...

Let's raise our voices absurdly high
and break through the atmosphere
With steel wings

They had shouted and raised Cain all the way there, having a grand time, not acting at all like he was leaving the planet, not acting at all like they may never meet again. It had been nearly dream like, carried a sensation of flying as they made their way. Before he'd boarded the shuttle, he'd made her a promise.

"I'll return to you a successful man, and when I do, I'll marry you."

She had smiled and they'd kissed one last time, then he turned and walked up the boarding ramp. She stood there crying for him well after he'd left. She had total faith, never doubted she'd lose him...it was half of the reason why she could keep pace with him. This woman behind him, she was closing the gap...too much like the girl he'd left. Too much like his past. He can't go any faster, his reaction time is almost nil. He's come across a clear lane, its just him and her. He shuts his eyes against the memory, the broken vow he'd made. He runs onward.

Raine Callador
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:41:19 AM
Raine raced after the man. Not sure what was happening. A grimace of fear on her face. The speeds they were going were deadly.

She pushed her speeder faster, getting closer. She glanced back, looking for anyone following them. When she turned, a scream erupted from her mouth. She had missed a slight curve and barreled toward an embankment. She slammed on the brakes but could not stop. Raine hit and was thrown. She moaned once and lay still.

The Deliverator
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:49:16 AM
The Deliverator swings his bike around, dives toward her, she looks like she might be dead. He calls in a medical unit, they arrive moments later. When the thrill of the high speed chase and the adrenaline rush from her crash wears off, he'll wonder why these medical drivers don't work as Deliverators. For now, all he can do is follow them back to the hospital, worried for the woman in the ambulance. He's done this before too, his girl tried a dangerous stunt and botched it, she'd nearly died. He'd spent the next 2 days with her, never moving from her side. He'd thought she'd die...

Let's keep racin' through, until time runs out
'cause we're natural-born speed demons.
See ya again in the next world, Yeah!

He turns away, gunning his bike for the spaceport. This woman's condition is out of his hands. He's got other business to attend to. He's going home.