PDA

View Full Version : A drink and a meal

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 7th, 2002, 10:12:14 PM
Lilya found herself back in the Jedi bar and grill, sitting in the same booth she had been in when she first arrived here. Her hood covered her fair face, a few golden curls escaping from underneath it. She was now looking at a menu, trying to decide what to eat. She had never heard of some of the menus items - root stew? It sounded vile to her, but she was here to learn and try new things, so she ordered a small bowl and a glass of water from a passing droid.
She sat back and sighed, watching groups of Jedis come and go. A frown formed on her lips. Everyone here had others to be with, ones who they fit in with. It made her feel very alone. She sighed again, adjusting her cloaks' hood, so that her pointed ears were well hidden.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:42:33 PM
“It might sound a little unusual, but I’ve been assured that the root stew is infact quite pleasant.”

A voice spoke from above Lilya, and into her line of vision came a figure dressed in forest-greens and browns. Should her eyes travel upwards, she would see the warm expression of the Jedi Knight, Dasquian Belargic.

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:19:48 PM
She raised her eyes up, and a bright smile lit up her face. The man who had spoke was fair, dressed in the colors of the forest and had pointed ears! Her mouth dropped open slightly, and she grinned.
"'Quel amrun." She greeted the man, gesturing for him to sit down. "You must be on of the others who I have heard about."

She laughed softly, her voice flowing musically off her lips as always. Lilya lowered her hood, her golden ringlets cascading down her back, she pushed a few stray locks behind her own pointed ears. "You are a Jedi, correct? You have the Light around you like the others do."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:27:36 AM
“Aaye.”

Dasquian bowed lightly to the woman before accepting the offer of a seat.

“… Yes, I am a Jedi. My name is Dasquian Belargic; I’m a Jedi Knight and member of the Council. I don’t recall having seen your face…”

Jackson DeWitt
Nov 9th, 2002, 10:49:30 AM
Jackson approached the table, setting down the lady's order.

"Here you go, miss...root stew and a water. If you change your mind about the bloomin onion, lemme know.."

He paused, nodding to Dasquian.

"Good afternoon, Master Belargic...can I get you anything?"

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 9th, 2002, 04:12:41 PM
She nodded to Jackson. "Thank you"

Looking down at the bowl he had placed in front of her, she wrinkled her nose. She definitely was not used to the food here, but she would try to adjust. She took a large drink of her water and smiled.
"A pleasure to meet you Sir Belargic. And I am usually shy around those I don't know well. Given my appearance," She gestured to her own attire, gray cloak over a white empire style dress, all very old-fashion looking. " I don't exactly "fit-in". I try to keep myself...hidden. Bad experiences in the past.."
Her voice trailed off and she sighed, still smiling.
"But Lady Dawnstrider told me of others, ones who are like me. Who are also Jedi."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:13:21 AM
“Good afternoon to you too, Jackson. I’ll just have a namana cordial, thanks.”

He smiled to the would-be Jedi before looking back to Lilya with a comforting smile.

“You shouldn’t feel at all out of place. No matter how you look or what your past may be, every one is welcome here. I myself come from a time when things were drastically different, as can be seen in my attire and heard in my manner of speaking, but I am still accepted.”

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:24:10 PM
She smiled back at him then looked back down at the bowl of steaming stew set in front of her. Her bright blue eyes looked back up to Dasquian.
"That is good to hear, I do enjoy being here..but..." She took her spoon from her bowl, watching the stew slop back into the bowl. "I don't think I'll be able to adjust to the food here..."

She laughed again, her cheeks flushing slightly. "Amin hiraetha, but I think roots belong on trees and not in stews. At least the ones they have put into this..." She took a small spoonful, and made a face. "I suppose I will get used it. There are many things here that are so different from what I am used to...Training for example."
She sighed and played with her stew,

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:44:31 AM
He smiled, amused by her comments in accordance to the roots. He motioned one hand off towards the bar.

“Whatever you would prefer to eat, I am sure the chef could make. I’ve ordered dishes that they’ve never tried their hand at before, yet they still attempt it … and usually do a fair job.”

“.. You say you aren’t used to training? Then what made you come to the Order, out of interest?”

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:56:11 AM
Her cheeks flushed a deeper red. "I meant I am not used to training in the Force...I have never used it myself, and have just recently seen it used." She laughed, remembering Xazor dousing the bartender with a floating glass of water. "And, although Lady Dawnstrider has said it is not necessary, I have had little training in warrior ways. I'm afraid that a bow will not be able to turn a lightsaber. I am here, because, I suppose, the Fates have brought me here. I came into this bar and grill a short time ago, and saw the Light that shone around the Jedi. I wanted to be part of that Light..."
She blushed more. "But I think I'm starting to sound a bit foolish."
She looked back down at her stew, pushing a few golden locks that had strayed from behind her ears.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:04:25 AM
“Not foolish at all. You have noble motives.”

Dasquian smiled, “We need not all be warriors of course, and if you have proficiency in a bow I would say that is as good as deftness in a lightsaber, if not better – for there are few who can claim to have skills in archery.”

He reclined, relaxing a little more.

“Perhaps you could show me a demonstration of your skills one day?”

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:37:29 PM
"Of course, Sir Belargic." She smiled back, resting her head on her hand, elbow resting on the table. She gazed across the table at him, blue eyes brightening along with her smile.
"I would greatly enjoy that. Perhaps we can do that soon. If I may ask you, how long have you been a Jedi?"

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 13th, 2002, 01:56:07 PM
“As long as I can remember,” he chuckled.

“… Ever since I was about 16, which is about 10 years, though I have not been at this Order nearly as long.”

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 14th, 2002, 12:16:36 AM
"Hmmm," she took another sip of her water. "That is a long time. You can tell you are Jedi, the way the Light shines around you..."
She let her voice trail off again, not wanting to sound foolish. "It must be nice, to be part of something like this. To have friends and family who care about you and who you can care for."

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 14th, 2002, 04:46:51 PM
"You should know. After all, you are a part of it too now."

Dasquian offered another one of his smiles that seemed to warm people up, and make them feel more at ease. After all, to them, he was quite harmless and one of the most gentile characters around.

"Every person within the Order cares for your well-being and would risk their lives for you."

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 14th, 2002, 09:09:42 PM
She smiled back, a bit unsure of what to say. She knew the Jedi were pure, of the Light, but she couldn't believe that a stranger would risk their life for her.
"I have yet to meet many of the others...The ones that I have met are very nice. I suppose I should try to meet more..."