PDA

View Full Version : An old forgotten friend. (Wei Wu Wei)

Rose Linn
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:30:33 PM
Rose walked into the Bar and Grill. She looked around to see if she could spot Wei Wu Wei. Her parents had given her a recent picture of him, because it had been so long since she had seen him. She doubted he would even remember her. They were just children when they had last spoken.

She entered and sat down, hoping he would show up soon." She had not been surprised to hear he had become a Jedi. He had always been so serious. Even when she had tugged at his hair. " She grinned at the memory.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:39:37 PM
Wei entered the bar, and looked about for someone he knew. His eyes traveled across a girl with red hair. Deja vu. How strange.It was like he knew her somehow. A sharp pain appeared at the back of his head.

"Stop tugging, Rosie," he muttered. He remembered Rosie. She was a tomboy he had met once when his parents decided to stop for an unusually long time in one town. She would always pick at him and pulled his hair all the time. His grandpa had told him it was because she liked him, but Wei didn;t believe him.

"It hurts! Why would she hurt me if she likes me so much?" Wei would ask and rub the back of his head.

"Because that is how little girls are," Grandpa would reply.

That was the only thing Grandpa had tol d Wei that Wei did not believe. Even now he still did not believe that making fun of people or toturing them meant you liked them. Wei sat at the bar and ordered the house lo mein.

Rose Linn
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:47:20 PM
Rose looked down at the picture in her hand. She then looked back up at the young man who had just sat down at the bar. "Boy he sure has changed for the better." Rose thought to herself. Not that she thought he was any less than cute when they were young either.

She stood up and straightened her dress. She approached him and taped him lightly on the shoulder. A polite smile of greeting on her lips.

"Hello Wei Wu Wei. Do you remember me?" Her soft voice was sweet, a lot different from the voice of her child hood. She had if fact changed a lot.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:33:57 AM
Wei turned to her, and adjusted his glasses on his face.

"Red hair, knows my name..." Wei thought.

"Hi Rosie, how are you? It's been a while." Wei subconsciously pulle his ponytail around to hang over his shoulder in front of him. "Please, have a seat."

Rose Linn
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:40:45 AM
Rose sat primly next to him. Her movements alone told Wei Wu Wei that she had changed from the little tomboy into a lady. She placed the picture his mother had given her down on the table. Her eyes traveled over his well remembered face.

"How have you been Wei? Your mother told me I could find you here and that you had become a Jedi. It has been a long time." She was slightly nervous. When they were young he had never seemed to like her and was always so serious. She hoped he did not harbor any resentment toward her for tugging his hair as a child.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:46:38 AM
Wei looked at the picture. "My mother gave you that? I never know when she takes these pictures. How did you get a hold of her? Or did she get a hold of you?"

His mother had gone absolutely hysterical with happiness when she had found out her son had become a Jedi. Wei knew no doubt she would tell everyone she knew, but he didn't think that she would tell Rosie. And it had never once crossed his mind that she would come to visit him.

Rose Linn
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:54:56 AM
Rose smiled at him. Her big golden eyes lit up. "I ran into her in the small town were I grew up. Remember it? She was shopping and we spotted each other." Rose smiled at the memory. Wei's mother had always been very kind to her and she had only grown kinder over the years.

"She told me all about how you had become a Jedi. I happened to mention that I to was traveling to the Jedi Order. So she gave me a picture of you and told me old friends should meet again. She remembered how much I liked you as a child." Rose said and blushed.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:02:23 AM
"So you are going to train to be a Jedi too? In that case, we should go to the Recruitment Center to get you into the Order."

Wei had no comment about Rosie 'liking' him. All she ever did was torment him and when he got upset, called him a fuddy-duddy or a spoiled sport.

Rose Linn
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:06:48 AM
"I do not wish to begin training yet Wei. I wanted t get a feel for things first. Meet a few people and understand what I am getting into. I try not to just jump into thing like I did as a child. I was somewhat of a wild little girl. I don't know if you remember or not." She laughed.

Rose leaned toward Wei. Her eyes traveled over his face. "Tell me more about yourself Wei. How do you like it here as a Jedi?

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:17:50 AM
Wei smiled. "I remember all too well."

"Being a Jedi here is wonderful. I have a teacher that is good at teaching me. The council is very patient and is always happy to answer questions. The skills I learn are applied to every day life, whether I know it or not."

Wei took a bite of food, chewed quickly, and swallowed. "The Force is not that hard to learn. Sometimes it's hard to get into sinc with the Force most of the time, but it's getting easier everyday."

Rose Linn
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:23:43 AM
Rose nodded as he spoke. He did seem truly happy here. She was still unsure about what she wanted to do. She was very homesick for her family. It had been hard to leave them and all of her friends she had grown up with.

"It sounds like a wonderful life Wei. I wish I could not feel so homesick. I miss my family and it is making the decision hard to make. I am glad to know you are here though. It won't be so bad if you are here." She smiled at him.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:25:41 AM
"I missed my family too. But people here are very friendly and you will no doubt have lots of friends before you know it."

Wei ate some more lo mein. He really didn;t know what to say to her.

Rose Linn
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:32:03 AM
"Would you show me around perhaps? Help me to get aquatinted with the place?" She looked at him again, her eyes confused. He seemed very ill at ease with her. As if he wanted nothing to do with her. She sighed softly.

"Wei if you are busy or do not wish to be bothered I can understand. I am sure being a Jedi takes a lot of your time up." She looked away disappointed. She still liked him a lot. She had never forgotten him as a child. Her memories had not faded.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:38:05 AM
Wei had the bartender get him something to carry the rest of the Lo Mein home in, and got to his feet.

"Oh no, not at all. Helping people is maily what being a Jedi is about. To refuse to help you would be very un-Jedi-like on my part."

Wei paid the bartender for the meal and motioned for Rosie to come with him. Wei's ponytail slid back around to where it was as he got up.

"I'll show you the Living Quarters and The Academy, and if you like what you see, then we will go get you signed up at the Recruitment Center."

Wei slid into the Force and remained wary of Rosie in case she still liked to pull his hair.

Rose Linn
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:45:24 AM
Rose nodded and still wore a look of disappointment. She had hoped he would want to help her for more than a sense of duty. Perhaps he had not liked her when she was younger. She smiled as she watched his ponytail fall to his back. She remembered tugging it to get his attention. She had been such an awful child. As he turned she reached up without thinking and ran her hand softly down the ponytail. Her fingers were soft against his back.

"I should have never pulled your hair as a child Wei. I was not a very nice little girl was I? It is still soft." She said when he turned.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:48:17 AM
Wei tensed when he felt her hand on his hair, and reflexively but gently knocked her hand away with the Force.

"You know how mother was about my appearance. Nice and clean. Smell nice, have soft hair. Soft hair helps you to think kind thoughts, or somehting like that." Wei led Rosie out of the Bar and Grill and walked her to the Living Quarters.

Rose Linn
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:55:00 AM
A look of sadness filled her eyes when he knocked her hand away. "Perhaps he did not like her at all." She thought to herself.

"Yes, I remember. You mother was forever brushing the tangles from my hair." She tucked her hands behind her back. "I appreciate you showing me around Jedi Wei." Her voice became very formal. She figured he would prefer that to her friendliness.