PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Macking (Dasquian)

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:10:06 PM
Zeke relaxed in the back corner of the Bar and Grill, putting his feet up on the table and slouching low, hands behind his head. He had a commanding view of the establishment, eyes searching...

"A good many girls here tonight."

He had seen the knight Dasquian Belargic moping around the Academy and Living Quarters, keeping to himself. Didn't seem the man had alot of friends at the moment, and if the rumor mill was true, he was having some woman troubles.

"I'ma change that quick, fast, and in a hurry."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:12:54 PM
A message had arrived at his quarters late on in the evening - it stated simply that Zeke wanted to see him in the Bar and Grill as soon as possible. A little confused, but curious none the less, he got ready, pulling on a navy blue jacket and pants (very customary and recognisable attire for the Knight) before heading out to Yogs. As he entered, he spotted the Knight he was looking for, and smiled somewhat. Looking around there were a lot of couples gathered here tonight, and it reminded him instantly of Xazor, though he kept up his happy exterior for his comrade.

“Can I help you with something, Zeke?”

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:14:29 PM
"Not a thing," Zeke replied. "Siddown. The point isn't for you to help me. The point is I'm gonna try and help you."

He kept looking, ignoring the couples...surely there was a single girl here...

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:15:41 PM
He raised one brow, but did as Zeke asked and sat in the chair across from him.

“Help me? With what exactly?”

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:18:22 PM
Zeke pulled with the Force and scooted around the table. Now both Knights were looking out over the Bar and grill.

"Kinda hard to explain...plus, I have yet to find what I'm lookin' for, so in the meantime, we talk. How's life?"

Zeke raised a brow as he spotted a girl walk in...followed shortly thereafter by her boyfriend, who had lagged behind to hand over his blaster. He'd find what he sought...

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:20:55 PM
“Life… fair. It could be a lot worse. My promotion to the Council has cheered me up a great deal, though I’m still a little down about some things…”

Looking to Zeke for a moment, he followed his line of sight and looked out at the people in the bar, puzzled.

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:22:37 PM
"Some things? Like what?"

Dating, dating, dating, married...where was a good lookin' single girl when ya needed one?

"Woman troubles or something?"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:24:04 PM
He winced.

“Something like that.”

The Jedi Knight hoped that Zeke didn’t know about his recent fall out with Xazor, and that he wasn’t intentionally ‘putting his foot in it’ and trying to irk Dasquian.

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:53:10 PM
"Sorry pal."

Zeke had no idea of Dasquian's relationship with Xaz and how it was going. However, had heard something else.

"Heard a rumor you ate dinner with Salemn Lysce."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:54:50 PM
He smirked. That was a rather… out of the blue comment.

“Yes, I did. She offered to share her lunch with me, so I made her a meal as a way of thanks.”

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:59:56 PM
"Swizzle!"

Finally, a foothold, something that wouldn't make his purpose for dragging Dasquian out here seem so wierd.

"Didja mack her?"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:01:53 PM
His brow knotted and he squinted somewhat at Zeke.

“Did I … what?”

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:04:33 PM
"Mack her, hit on her, pick her up...y'know..."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:06:19 PM
It took a moment, but he got the idea – and what an obscure idea it was.

“Oh… no, I didn’t. She’s a very good friend, though.”

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:07:42 PM
"You didnt?" The surprise in his voice was evident. "C'mon, why not? She's fairly attractive."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:09:19 PM
“Ahum… well it’s not exactly customary to court someone just after having broken up with someone else,” he replied with a bit of a nervous smirk.

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:12:26 PM
"Just broke up...sorry to hear it pal. But life goes on. There's plenty o' fish in the sea, to use an overworked cliche. I mean..."

Lucky him, a girl, single, attractive, walked right throught the door.

"Her for example."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:13:48 PM
Reclining, he sighed quietly.

“I’m not the most forward of people Zeke. I tend not to just… approach people with the attention of ‘macking’,” he said with a bit of a shrug, still uncomfortable at the thought of moving on from Xazor.

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:21:24 PM
"Who said approach with the intent to pick a girl up? The thing is to start neutral. You don't know the girl, so you start with a neutral perspective. Macking at this point is a possiblity, a potential outcome/occurence of casual conversation."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:22:59 PM
“Oh. Well… I’m not particularly good at ‘macking’ from experience,” he said with a slight laugh.

[OOC: Hi Judas. I’m going to request your post here be deleted, as this is meant to be a roleplaying thread and OOC comments/posts are not intended here. If you have something you’d like to talk about, feel free to PM me or leave a post for me in one of the OOC forums (Arcan, etc)]

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:25:48 PM
"Here's how its done. Go up to that girl. That one that just walked in. Sit down next to her at the bar. And just talk to her. If you see an opening for a compliment, make it."

Zeke grinned.

"Go on then!"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:28:08 PM
He frowned at first, though after a shove on the shoulder from Zeke was forced to stand. With a sigh he straightened out his robes and approached the bar. A few patrons stepped to the side to allow the Council Member through as he approached and slipped down onto a stool by the girl.

“Good evening,”

She looked at him, gave him a one over, and instantly he could feel her confusion. He didn’t dress like most and his general appearance was in keeping to being alien, as was the way he talked.

“… Can I get you a drink?”

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:34:35 PM
Zeke watched intently, moving to a closer table. The girl was looking at poor Dasquian like he was an alien.

"Um...no, I'm fine..."

Zeke winced. Slammed! He clenched a fist in silent determination for the Knight as the conversation continued.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:37:34 PM
With a nod he looked over the bar and drummed his fingertips against the counter.

“I’m Dasquian, just incase you’re wondering.”

He turned to look back to the girl.

“…I know, I look a bit odd, but at least I’m not a Hutt, ey?” he said with a hopeful faint smile and shrug.

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:39:04 PM
At this, she laughed, but said nothing, looking down instead at the table top. Not a bad reaction. Could've been worse.

"I wasn't, but its nice to know."

Minor progress. Zeke grinned.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:41:12 PM
“So what’s your name?”

Suddenly, he raised one hand, as if for her to stop.

“Ah wait… Emily!”

A more at ease smile came over him, “I don’t believe I’ve seen you here before, are you new to the Order?”

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:20:45 PM
The girl smiled, though it seemed she was somewhat bothered by his knowing her name.

"You must be a Jedi...and I'm afraid I'm not a member of the Jedi Order...but Yoghurt's Bar and Grill is open to the public, so I like to eat here..."

James Prent
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:31:57 PM
James sat quietly in a booth near Zeke's table, and was watching the goings on with interest, a bowl of uneaten root stew in front of her. It was the cheapest thing on the menu, and she still hadn't quite aquired the taste for it. She had never met Zeke, but Dasquian she had been aquainted with previously.

She reached for a cigarette, and then remembered the no smoking policy, and halted her hands, instead wrapping them around her water glass.

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:46:36 PM
Zeke took note of James without looking away from Dasquian and the girl. If this conversation ended badly, she would serve as round 2.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:21:04 PM
Xazor sat in the back corner of the bar. Her figure was cloaked in black robes and the hood was drawn up over her head. The shadows covered her face and no one knew her as she sat by herself.

How pitiful.....

She thought to herself as her eyes rested gently upon Zeke and Dasquian......trying to pick him up a chick. From her position she could hear everything with her ultrasensitive eyes. She knew that the young woman he was speaking to felt a bit uncomfortable being spoken to by a stranger. The Knight sighed to herself and looked down at the buldge in her mid-section as she thought of their daughter. Unknowningly, she began to quietly sing to herself as she watched on.....

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:25:30 PM
Zeke looked over idly...random person random person Xazor, random person...XAZ? Waitaminute. Logic denotes:

Last Zeke checked Das was dating Xaz.
Das said he jut broke up with someone
Therefore, Das and Xaz broke up.

Last thing he needed to see was her...Zeke called up the Force and sighed.

"Redecorate."

Stools at the counter shifted, shuffling places, an impressive display. Now Dasquian was far from Xaz, neither could see the other. All he could do now was pray he didn't sense her Force aura.

"Xaz, when and if its YOUR business, I'll let you know." he thought to himself.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:30:50 PM
Xazor growled to herself as the Force shifted and she felt who was doing the changing in the room. Zeke..... Growling, the dark figure rose from her seat and walked through the crowds until she reached his table. Sitting down, she glared at him.....her cyan eyes the only thing visible through the darkness of her hood.

"Greetings Zeke........................."

Then there was dead silence as she thrust her hand out toward his neck and shoved him against the back of his seat. His breathing became difficult as she put pressure upon his windpipe.

"It is my business.......do not think so loudly next time."

She growled, exposing her elongated canines and then she let him go. Sighing, the Knight shut her eyes tightly and leaned back in her seat, clenching her fists and placing them against her forehead as she rested her elbows upon the table.

I'm sorry.......

She said softly in his mind before looking away from both he and Dasquian.....unable to face what inevitably would come.....

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:35:09 PM
"Don' worry 'bout it..." Zeke said through gritted teeth, rubbing his neck. "But just LOOK at the guy. Since he got back you've shunned him, the whole damn place has backed offa the guy. I figured he could do with some cutting loose, cruisin' for chicks, a night of just flat chillin'." He popped his neck by rolling it. "If I'm good at anything, it's flat chillin'. I'ma see to it he has at least one friend. Maybe even help him get over you. No offense of course..."

Xazor Elessar
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:40:05 PM
Xazor opened her eyes and growled in her throat once again, eyeing him closely.

"He does have a friend.....you know nothing of our relationship, so I suggest you back off, okay? I did not shun him! You do not have a clue what I have gone through in the last five months, okay?! Lay off Zeke.......before you get in trouble."

It was not directly a threat, but Xazor was in no mood to deal with people who pretended to know what was going on in her life.

ooc: Okay Zeke..... :)

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:41:35 PM
Zeke shrugged. Typical Xaz. He resumed his original seat, monitoring the situation. C'mon Das, bag this chick...

OOC: Let Das post next or it'll get away from him...

James Prent
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:55:09 PM
ooc: just a quick one so it doesn't get away from me either/ic:

James had managed to get a mouthful of stew up to her lips when the younger Jedi was accosted by a rude female. She choked on the mouthful and finally spit it back into the bowl, wiping her mouth with a napkin. She didn't have to be a genius to get the gist of what was going on, being only a table away from the one called Zeke and the female identified by Zeke as Xazor.

Xazor...sounds familiar... James couldn't place the name, although the familiarity of it made her believe the woman might be a Jedi. Or perhaps she was a Dark Jedi, as Salemn had told her about. Her fury at Zeke, and ability to strike out against a fellow Jedi seemed like the Dark Side. But then, what did she know, she was just a Padawan.

Dasquian looked like he was floundering, however. She scooted out from the booth and walked over to the bar, tapping him on the shoulder as he fumbled over his words. "Excuse me, Master Dasquian, but I had a question pertaining to ...well..." James hesitated, and bit her lip, looking to the bar top. "Its sort of a stupid question to do with the Force..."

Hopefully he'd take the offer and leave this explosive situation...if not, no one would say she didn't try.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:43:50 AM
Of course he could sense her. Turning away from the girl he was meant to be talking to, he stared straight at Xazor, only to sense the anger building in her and then see her literally assault Zeke. He was about to get up to intervene when Zeke reigned the situation and he himself found a hand tapping him on the shoulder.

“Excuse me, Miss, Jedi business,” he said, with a thankful sigh as he stood up from his chair to address the Padawan, James.

Smiling to her, it could be seen on his expression that he was thankful for her intervention. He mouthed a thank you before asking:

“What exactly is the question?”

Though his eyes remained on her, his mind expanded out to Xazors.

Do not condemn Zeke for trying to raise my spirits, please. He like the others can see how down I’ve been, and is just trying to help.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:29:56 PM
I'm sorry......it's killing me inside as much as it is affecting you. I....I should go......

She spoke softly in Dasquian's mind as her eyes shifted to James and then back to Zeke. She owed no one an explaination....for now. Sighing, she rose from her seat and bowed ot Zeke, then passed by Dasquian with a gentle touch to his shoulder.

"Be at peace....."

She spoke, meaning, with her.....and then she parted. Her heart was still broken and no matter how much she loved Terran....there would always be an empty space inside.....

Zeke
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:40:38 PM
Zeke raised a brow.

"Wish she'd make a decision..."

In the meantime, the girl Dasquian had been talking to had gotten away from him, and was now sitting comfortably in the arms of a space barge pilot in the back. Not important...not anymore at least.

"You okay, dude?"

James Prent
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:50:06 PM
She raised an eyebrow and hesitated as the tall Jedi Knight stood to face her. "I...I just wanted to know...um, how is it that we can..." James searched for a good question, trying not to show how badly she was making this up. "Y'know, how is it that we can use the Force for good, while others use the same Force for evil? Is the Force itself not good, then?"

She felt relieved at thinking up a good question, and looked expectantly at Dasquian.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:29:51 AM
He gave a brief nod to Zeke before addressing the question.

“Nothing in our world is evil, James. Some men say money is evil, but money in itself is not. Money can feed the hungry, educate the untutored and buy shelter for the homeless. It is only when it passes into the hands of an evil being that it becomes a tool for ill deeds. The Force is exactly the same.”

James Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:58:09 AM
"Oh! Well, that really makes sense now. Thanks..I mean, thank you Master Jedi." James awkwardly bowed, getting ready to return to her half eaten, and cold stew.

Zeke
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:59:47 AM
Zeke fairly spazzed.

"Dude, go for it!" he screamed though the Force. MACK HER!"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:20:40 AM
He flashed Zeke a helpless expression, an exasperated half-frown on his lips. Never the less, he turned and looked to James, fishing about in his mind for an idea.

“Thanks for that. You’re a lifesaver.”

Well… it was a start. Ambling slowly over to where she sat, he folded his arms behind his back and laughed uneasily. Now to carry on – his eyes travelled to the cold stew then back up at the Padawan. Perhaps the best policy would just be being honest?

“… Zeke is trying to cheer me up by setting me up with one of the girls from the bar,” Dasquian sighed, though he did sound somewhat more confident.

“Hence,” he nodded off in the direction that ‘Emily’ had left in, “my blundering attempt at conversation with that girl.”

James Prent
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:41:53 PM
James motioned across from her, inviting Dasquian to sit as he explained his situation. She nodded, poking her spoon around the distasteful meal, and grinned. "I figured as much. Y'know, you weren't doing too badly." An impish look came over her face, and she confessed, "Actually you were pretty bad. Knowing her name already was a chance...sometimes it makes you seem like a stalker if you know too much about a girl you've just met, y'know?"

James stirred the stew some more, and then picked up her glass and sipped her water. "Can you reccommend something to eat here? The root stew...is an acquired taste I have yet to acquire." She pulled a face, and laughed.

Zeke
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:48:08 PM
Zeke fell over backwards out of his chair as if he'd been shot.

"I've been skewered."

Dasquian's honesty was off-setting at times, but it'd got him started with James. Which was the point in its entirety.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:42:08 AM
Dasquian wasn’t at all surprised that James had not been impressed. It wasn’t in his character to do such a thing, and it showed greatly.

“I’ve not tried most of the meals on the menu, unfortunately. I tend towards just having something simple… baked potato, rice, a steak on a special occasion,” he said with a bit of a shrug as he sat down.

“I’m not sure I agree, but I’ve heard bantha ribs are a favourite.”

Zeke
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:17:31 AM
Zeke's eyes shone with tears of joy. Dasquian was chillin! He was having an enjoyable conversation! Now if the man would smile, he would be successful, even if what he'd originally had in mind had backfired. Of 5 secrets, Das had the first, which was to be chillin with a good looking woman. If he could make her smile, he'd have 2. Then he'd just need some good food...Zeke ordered him a baked potato, drawing from the short list he'd given James, and ordered one for her as well.

James Prent
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:46:14 PM
James smiled, and pushed her stew to the edge of the table. "Well, when the serving droid comes back, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks." She paused, as if thinking of something, and then continued, "Is there something in paticular I could call you? Calling you 'Master Jedi,' or 'Councilor Belargic' ...well its sort of formal, y'know?"

Her hands itched to be holding a cig, and she started lightly drumming her fingertips on the tabletop.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:01:12 AM
“A simple Das or Dasquian is fine,” he replied. He disliked formalities, and felt awkward in social situations when people thought of him not as a comrade, but as a superior figure.

A glance at Zeke and he could see him ordering something. At this he smirked.

“.. It doesn’t look like you’ll have to order anything. It seems my friend has already done that for us,”

Looking back to James he shrugged lightly, smiling. As an afterthought to his words, he then added.

“… Oh, and if you want to smoke, do so.”

Though he did not partake in the habit as he knew of its affects to one’s health, he was not one to condemn others for their choices.

James Prent
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:05:51 PM
She looked up and to the side with an impish grin on her face, and then pointed to the far wall. "No smoking. But thanks for the offer, Dasquian." James flushed slightly, and added, "You can call me James, nearly everyone does, y'know."