PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Pommy Cricketers.....

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:54:26 AM
Cant you lot send a decent team out here??? What are we Aussie cricket supporters supposed to do, watch another massacre? I want to see a competition, not a one sided bludgeioning.

* sigh *

It's going to be a long hot and boring summer of cricket if Day 1 of the Gabba test is any indication.

Dae Jinn
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:55:59 AM
Ummmm, okay. Sorry your team sucks :( *has never watched cricket ever* :\

Morgan Evanar
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:17:58 AM
I think the opposite, his team murdered the other one.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:48:28 AM
I'm sorry, I've tried, REALLY TRIED to understand Cricket, and it's bloody impossible!

What the heck is the game about? Argh! No wonder we invented Baseball!

Gah, have your Cricket, just don't expect em to get a frikkin' bit of whatever the heck it is about or how it's played. I mean, isn't teh object to tun up to that white line and back as many times as you can after you hit the ball? Well then, why don't the players SMASH the ball? Argh! English games so confusing!

Leeloo Mina
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:06:46 AM
I don't even know what Cricket is ^_^;

But I've..sort of heard of it.

Fauna Sang
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:13:40 AM
:x Baseball is worse... I've never lasted a solid inning when I've tried to watch it.

Leeloo Mina
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:15:54 AM
I don't like watching sports.. I think they're boring.. I'd rather watch a movie... Mmmm.. movie.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:40:19 AM
I think the opposite, his team murdered the other one.

Correct. The Englishmen got slaughtered on the first day. Now, i will admit cricket is an accquired taste, but it has strategy and tatics Baseball can only dream of. Still... I like watching a real competition., not a flaming massacre.

Oriadin
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:26:38 AM
England just plain suck at cricket. They invented the bloody game and they are crap at it! Austrailia are awsome at the moment so basically I think the competition was over before it began.

I dont really like Cricket but I usually keep an eye out for the scores. Then laugh when I hear Englands :p

Brielle Acaana
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:01:25 AM
Sticky wickets! And thats all I know. :)

Judas Escariot
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:39:37 AM
Sticky wickets heh heh..........never mind:rolleyes

Severen Morkonis
Nov 7th, 2002, 10:22:09 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shat' ap' you auzzie nutter...we will beat you one day..you see :)

Sanis Prent
Nov 7th, 2002, 10:34:28 AM
Everything I learned about cricket, I learned from King Ralph.

Severen Morkonis
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:16:01 AM
:huh

Sanis Prent
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:20:17 AM
What? You don't recognize one of your own prior monarchs? ;)

Severen Morkonis
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:22:36 AM
:huh

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:48:23 AM
Cricket is the stupidest game EVER. I swear every time I try to play that my head blows. What the hell is 234 over for 2?! ARGH! Make no sense, it does!

ReaperFett
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:12:29 PM
234 for 2 means 234 points, 2 out :)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:20:57 PM
How many points do you get for doing... stuff? I mean I don't even know how you get points? And 2 out? 2 batters out or?

ReaperFett
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:32:02 PM
two batsmen out.

And you get one for going from one wicket to another, four for hitting the boundary, size for the boundary without a bounce.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:33:24 PM
why do the games last more than a day?

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:57:07 PM
There's Test matches, which can last up to five days, or Limited Over, which is one day.

Taylor Millard
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:07:51 PM
I've played cricket. It's fun. :)

But I like football and hockey better.

Ishan Shade
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:12:07 PM
I'm with Taylor on this one...however I do enjoy Cricket :)

James Prent
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:16:55 PM
Hockey!!!

In cricket, aren't you supposed to knock over the sticks...wickets? I play croquet instead...

*wanders off*

Sith Ahnk
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:18:38 PM
Hockey > Cricket

Destiny Stormrider
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:07:48 PM
I LOVE HOCKEY! LOL I feel like if I'm supporting my team by not studying for exams and watching the game! :lol After all, we had MAURICE ROCKET RICHARD you know..and I'm a puuuuuure Canadian!

Then again, the Indian background kicks in, so I find cricket cool too, but junior leagues in MTL suck, cause it ends up in racist matches...

Eluna Thals
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:21:58 PM
Football > Arena Football > Basketball > Lumberjack Olympics > Hockey > Baseball

This is my sports viewing list

Nupraptor
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:28:33 PM
Lumberjack Olympics? :lol

I like Hockey, myself. I don't really find any other sport interesting to watch.

Eluna Thals
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:30:00 PM
Lumberjack Olympics kicks more butt than a genetically engineered Bruce Lee in a Zero G world, where aliens are made of only butt.

Taylor Millard
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:30:56 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Gouyen Chee
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:42:57 PM
I really enjoy baseball and was estatic when the Anaheim (I still think of them as "California") Angels won the World Series, but hockey is my first love. I've been following the LA Kings since before Gretzky (it has something to do with a guy named Robitaille), and even though I've yet to visit the Staples Center, I watch or listen to every game I can.

Anybody here like motorsports?

Sanis Prent
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:46:15 PM
I will casually watch Nascar, and always tune into X-games, just to watch somebody die or something.

Oriadin
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:57:33 PM
You'll never beat football. The only bad thing about football is the prices!

Sanis Prent
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:58:42 PM
I could get an auburn ticket for the low price of 175 dollars

Severen Morkonis
Nov 7th, 2002, 10:41:35 PM
He dont mean american football ya nutball...he means REAL FOOTBALL :-p

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:39:58 AM
Shut your pie hole immediately. This = moot point that has been gone over a zillion times.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:42:07 AM
Well, I'll give the normal boot in the guts to Grid Iron.

Real men dont play football in padding and helmets! :p

And does anyone here like motorsports? Heh, does anyone like motorsports.... I LIVE AND BREATHE MOTORSPORT! Rallying mainly, Formula 1 is a snooze fest.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:43:31 AM
Can we put a lid on the flamebait please :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:02:37 AM
it isn't flamebait if you let people have their own opinions.

Now, stop talking about soccer/football/rugby/whatever else...and talk about...

MOTOCROSS!!! :)

Figrin D'an
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:22:34 AM
I won't debate the individual merits of various sports...

But I will say, for pure fan atmosphere, nothing beats college football. On any given fall Saturday, there are so many great stadium atmospheres for a fan to visit. Every location is a little different, and has new things to offer. I have been to many stadiums, and there are many more that I hope to visit someday.

Sanis Prent
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:45:05 AM
I agree on that much. Campus gameday is the best experience ever. I know its different at every campus, since each school has their own little list of things they do. I know that in Starkville on gamday, cowbells will be ringing. If there's a win at Auburn, the tree at Toomer's corner will end up draped in toilet paper. I know that coming up on kickoff at Tuscaloosa, Denny Chimes will play both the fight song, and God Bless America. I know they'll show the Bear on the Jumbotron, and the 12 national championships. Campus gameday is full of the smell of a thousand grills cooking, and the sight of dozens of RV's, filled with faithful fans from all parts of the country, who are dedicated enough to return to see their alma mater. Its a magical, electric feeling...and as much as I love college basketball and college baseball, they don't have the same kind of spirit as college football. I don't much care for pro sports on much the same grounds. The spirit just isn't the same...and its the spirit that makes the game so great.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:25:35 AM
Aww, nothign beats bathtub drag racing. I mean, revving your monster V8's and V12's while sitting in a victorian tub, then peeling out before taking off down the line. Man, that is the bomb.

And full contact bowling. That is a sport that needs more attention.