PDA

View Full Version : favorite movie

Eldorack
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:57:14 PM
What was your favorite movie from the star wars saga?

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 04:31:03 PM
Empire. Always has been, and probably always will be.

ANH
ROTJ / AotC
TPM

BUFFJEDI
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:15:21 PM
Attack of the clones, until episode 3 (I hope);)

2. TPM

3. ROTJ

4.TESB

5.ANH

darth_mcbain
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:25:49 PM
ESB - definitely the best

ANH

TPM

AOTC

ROTJ

It is unfortunate that ROTJ has to be at the bottom - it is really a tossup on these - they all rock...

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:30:28 PM
My favorite one? I alwats liked TPM the best.

Leeloo Mina
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:03:59 AM
ROTJ and ESB

ATOC was pretty good too, I thought.

Oriadin
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:05:41 AM
1. TPM - I always liked SW but it was TPM that got me really into it in a big way and so I think this really has to be my favorite.
2. ESB
3. AOTC
4. ROTJ
5. ANH

Kyle_Katarn_pr
Nov 19th, 2002, 08:08:45 AM
Mi favorite film of the Star Wars Saga is definately "Attack of the Clones" followed closely by "Empire".

Jedieb
Nov 19th, 2002, 10:05:36 AM
ESB
ANH
AOTC
ROTJ
TPM

JMK
Nov 19th, 2002, 11:18:33 AM
See? Jedieb knows how to rank 'em! ;)

Sene Unty
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:09:18 PM
ESB (I love watching the bad guys win! And it was so damn exciting!)

ANH (The first and still a masterpiece.)

AOTC (Fantastic! It brought back all the old feelings again!)

ROTJ (This one is really tied with AOTC. I remeber that feeling when I watched it and realized there was no more. :( )

TPM (The only reason this is last.....JAR-JAR!!!!!!!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!)

Jedieb
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:46:54 PM
See? Sene knows how to rank 'em! ;)

Sene Unty
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:49:12 PM
See? JMK and Jedieb knows how to rank 'em!;)

JMK
Nov 19th, 2002, 02:54:13 PM
See? Jedieb AND Sene know how to rank 'em!

Eldorack
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:09:47 PM
mine is AOTC because anikin is put in his place...

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 21st, 2002, 01:08:46 AM
ESB
AOTC
ROTJ
TPM
ANH

Actually there is very little difference between them and except for ESB the rest of them change position a lot for me. Just right now that is how I feel.

Admiral Lebron
Nov 21st, 2002, 04:15:46 PM
I like them all the same. Each has parts I love and parts I hate. Ewoks rule!

<p align=center>Yub Yub!</align>

Eldorack
Nov 21st, 2002, 04:24:34 PM
Yeah, and i like how they thought that C-3PO was a god...:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Jedieb
Nov 21st, 2002, 04:31:10 PM
Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that those cute little teddy bears were ready to kill people by burning them alive and then feasting on their flesh? Just what the hell does Yub Yub mean? "The good meat is in the human rump!"?

JMK
Nov 21st, 2002, 06:24:21 PM
That is pretty disturbing! What the galactic equivalent of Mad Cow disease? I'm sure one of the crew had it!

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:14:10 AM
yeah...:goes and gets a clan of Ewoks to feast on people who he doesnt like:

Sanis Prent
Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:28:30 PM
ESB
AOTC
ROTJ
ANH
TPM

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:26:39 PM
ESB - Stand up as a great movie by itself.

ANH - Showed some true moviemakign brilliance.

TPM - NIce visuals, good fights... and I do I like Jar Jar

ROTJ - Explosions. Yummy. the movie that really drew me in to Star Wars

AOTC - Why last? Cause it is soulless. It is a good moive, but to me there is simply no heart and soul. And I plain hate Portman in ANY scene. PLease, get rid of her.

Admiral Lebron
Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:30:12 PM
Yub Yub roughly translate to Yes Yes, I believe.

Raymious
Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:05:18 PM
:lol

Jinn Fizz
Nov 24th, 2002, 09:53:09 AM
ESB
AOTC
ANH
TPM
ROTJ

I'm kinda like Jedi Master Carr...the #1 and #2 positions are fixed, but sometimes the #3 through #5 positions can be changeable depending on my mood. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 24th, 2002, 02:24:15 PM
Hey I like Natalie of course if you don't that is fine with me.

Darth \/ader
Nov 24th, 2002, 08:06:44 PM
I love them all, but if you were to hold a gun to my head i would say

1. Ep II
2. Ep V
3. Ep I
4. Ep VI
5. Ep IV

i think Ep III will be my personal favorite

Sene Unty
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:38:43 AM
*removes gun from Vaders Temple.*

That's all we wanted to know.

Oh and I find the whole Ewoks eating people thing to be revolting, but very funny!

JMK
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:22:23 AM
I think alot of people are banking on Episode 3 being their favorite of the saga. If I were to venture a guess now, I would say it won't be higher than 3rd for me.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 25th, 2002, 12:38:48 PM
It will depend for me, I am afraid I might not like it as much as ESB and AOTC because its so dark and nearly everybody dies and Anakin becomes an agent of evil. Still that moment when we first see Darth Vader will probably send chills down my spine.

Jedieb
Nov 26th, 2002, 08:26:56 AM
All I ask is that they let Vader be VADER! I don't want a conflicted or wussy Vader. Once Anakin puts that mask on he should be choking subordinates and killing Jedi left and right. Let Anakin wrestle with light and dark right up until he gets his body half destroyed. But once the mask is donned, Vader belongs to the Dark Side. The only place for him to show any mercy is when he's chucking the Emperor down the shaft.

JMK
Nov 26th, 2002, 10:05:15 AM
Exactly, when we see Vader, all of the decisions have been made. He's now twisted and evil. I don't want to see Vader scratching his helmet wondering if he should kill the Jedi standing in front of him. Slice him in half!!

Jedieb
Nov 26th, 2002, 01:15:02 PM
If Rotten Tomatoes and IMBd can be taken to represent critics and the public, at least that portion of it that surfs IMBd, then this is how those groups have ranked the movies:

Critcs/Rotten Tomatoes
1. ESB 97% Fresh (36 Reviews)
2. ANH 92% Fresh (32 Reviews)
3. ROTJ 78% Fresh (32 Reviews)
4. TPM 63% Fresh (141 Reviews)
5. AOTC 62% Fresh (186 Reviews)

Public/IMBd
1. ANH 8.7/10 #9 All time
2. ESB 8.6/10 #16 All time
3. ROTJ 7.9 #122 All time
4. AOTC 7.6 (Just out of the top 250)
5. TPM 6.8 (No where near the top 250)

Looks like old school is taken the prequels to school there. :smokin

JMK
Nov 26th, 2002, 03:37:23 PM
I agree that the OT is better, for many reasons, but the PT supporters will say that the OT has had a 20 year period to grow into the hearts of viewers and absorb itself into our culture.

But those stats HAVE to mean something...like the OT is schooling the PT! ;)

BUFFJEDI
Nov 26th, 2002, 06:09:14 PM
I'm on the fence on which is better.On one hand the OT is what got me into the SW universe. But the Pt really get my blood pumping.

I personally do feel episode 3 will by far be my favorite. I Am a little worried that Lucas may not be able to give me what I want;) The Darker the film is the better I will like it. It's like in AOTC the darker parts are my favorite. It's ashame it's still over 2 years away:(

BUFFJEDI
Nov 26th, 2002, 06:10:36 PM
Slice him in half!! :lol :lol :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 26th, 2002, 09:51:16 PM
But those reviews for ESB and ANH, and ROTJ are from the SE so I am not sure if they count. I remember when they had the old reviews TESB had a lot of bad reviews and I think it had a Rotten rating, but they removed those reviews I think because of TPM.

Jedieb
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:16:21 PM
I would think that the reviews for ANH and ESB are a bit slanted because the films have had so much time to grow on people. I doubt those reviews were from the original releases. I don't really think anyone kept those kinds of stats back then. I know critics like Pauline Kale trashed ESB, but many gave it favorable reviews. I would think the orginal reviews were probably slightly better than prequel reviews, but not by much. I just don't think critical acceptance has been overwhelming ever since ROTJ. (Although I remember Siskel and Ebert both gave ROTJ a thumbs up.)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 29th, 2002, 12:38:45 AM
I love the older movies the best. The new ones seem to be mostly flashy effects. I want the gritty feeling of a Rebellion against a higher authority!

ESB
ANH
RotJ
AotC
TPM

JMK
Nov 29th, 2002, 09:34:01 AM
LD knows how to rank em as well! ;)

Jedi_Psyche
Dec 29th, 2002, 02:10:07 PM
hey i just have a question. I saw that ESB was ranked by alotta people as #1 which surprised me, because I had always thought that ANH was held to be the greatest masterpiece. However, when my friend, who had only before then seen TPM and AotC, watched ANH she could barely get through the first hour cuz she said it was so boring. So my question is, Is the reason for your low ranking of ANH because of the long explanatory exposition at the beginning of the film?

Jedieb
Dec 29th, 2002, 02:33:33 PM
Not that many people ranked ANH that low. TPM and ROTJ get a get ranked lower many times. It's a diverse board so you see lots of different rankings. ANH is the oldest of the films so it's got technology and age working against it. But it was by the first and the most successful in terms of B.O.

JMK
Dec 29th, 2002, 03:56:44 PM
The first hour of ANH is pretty slow, especially if you're watching it for the first time in 2002. The biggest thing it had going for it back then was that EVERYTHING was so new and bold. Just the mere sight of it was exciting. A death star? aliens? spaceships? It took our collective breaths away 15-20 years ago because it had never been done before. Now, (especially in the case of your friend) she has seen ships, aliens and countless other bold things in recent movies that make the "old" achievements in ANH look boring and run-of-the-mill. That's my take anyway.

Jedieb
Dec 29th, 2002, 04:56:38 PM
You get your shot of Luke staring out at the twin suns in that first hour. It still gets me today, but back then it was simply beautiful and a scene that was much talked about. Today, it doesn't seem like anything all that out of the ordinary.

Thrane
Dec 29th, 2002, 08:48:46 PM
It's hard to really decide which is my favorite. There are slow parts in all of them. But they are all AWESOME!!!!!!

ESB
AOTC
ANH
ROTJ
TPM

CMJ
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:40:27 PM
1. The Empire Strikes Back - Not just a terrific SW movie, but a wonderful film PERIOD. It's an almost perfect film IMHO.
"Search your feelings you KNOW it to be true."

2. A New Hope - A relatively slow first third, then gets ratcheted up ten fold. By the time the trench run strts the film has you on the edge of your seat. The most satisfying finale of all the SW films for my money.
"The Force will be with you, always."

3. Attack of the Clones - The first truly brilliant SW film since 1980. Some of the dialogue is a bit creaky, but this film FEELS like the old school SW films. It has some of the best stuff in the entire series. No real down moments.

4. Return of the Jedi - Though this film has some great stuff, it also has some of the weakest material in the whole series. Not only the Ewoks, which don't really work for me, but I found alot of the stuff at Jabba's palce to be glacial. Still, when the film works, it really works.

5. The Phantom Menace - Not sure what went wrong, but something did. I read the screenplay before I saw the film, and it read significantly better than it ended up being. I did like the film, BUT it has numerous problems and not enough redeeming qualities. I still say a good film...but not really a true SW movie.

Ishiva Ruell
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:57:08 PM
Empire Strikes Back is my fav! Followed by ANH and then ROTJ.

(However, I am not a big fan of the prequels. Was expecting something darker and edgier with much stronger characterizations. Remain pretty critical of these. Seems Lucas is hellbent on creating nearly pure animation flicks instead of solid, well-acted sci-fi sagas.)

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:46:53 PM
ANH
And the rest come behind