PDA

View Full Version : Things looking up for the Dolphins!

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 01:50:21 AM
Yes, that is sarcasm you read.

Now Ray Lucas is out and 3rd stringer Sage Rosenfels is in for Sunday vs the Jets.

Jay!!! Get that thumb healed!!!!

Taylor Millard
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:53:59 AM
:lol :lol

Watch Ricky Williams get 300 yards running and the Fins win Sunday. ;)

jjwr
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:20:22 AM
Theres always hope, just give Ricky the ball 35 times and hope for the best :)

JonathanLB
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:38:52 AM
Miami turned from best in the league to pretty lousy now compared to the other top teams.

Oakland and Miami were the early season contenders, now the contenders are getting sorted out from PRETENDERS, and I think a few teams remain that have dominated the history of the NFL, hehe, namely the Packers and the Niners. The Bucs may have what it takes in the AFC, and Denver is good in that league too, but I'd say it's those four teams IMO.

Only time will tell how things go.

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2002, 07:54:55 AM
They're going to put 8 in the box and force the Dolphins to throw. Miami needs to be able to make defenses pay when they bunch up at the line to stop the run. Run some screens, use the play action to hit some open receivers and backs. DO SOMETHING! They really need Fiedler. He's a much better QB than people give him credit for and I think the Fins recent problems are proof of that.

sirdizzy
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:21:34 AM
miami couldn't win if you armed their offense with shotguns

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:31:29 AM
HEY!!!
:verymad

Figrin D'an
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:29:20 PM
Originally posted by sirdizzy
miami couldn't win if you armed their offense with shotguns

That's pretty funny, coming from a Broncos fan...

Do you still see Olindo Mare in your nightmares?

:lol

Sene Unty
Nov 6th, 2002, 01:25:54 PM
To sirdizzy: And what do you know about the Dolphins exactly??????

jjwr
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:55:08 PM
Ooh the trash talk is flying.

The funny thing about the NFL this year is no one team is dominant right now. The Packers have a 7-1 record but most their early games were down to the wire against bad teams and they barely pulled ou the wins. They're very beatable. The same can be said for the Niners, heck they had the ball for 75% of the game vs the Raiders and still had to win in OT.

Fun thing about this year, no clue who will win it right now and a team could go 14-2 and drop its first playoff game by a wide margin.

Bucs....better than you think, probably the best defense in the NFL, they'll be very good once the offense comes around.

Honestly I've gotta admit, the worse the Dolphins do the easier it becomes for my Pats. If the Dolphins lose this weekend and the Pats win then they'll be tied for first in the division(though no on tie breakers). Sadly that would mean a Jets win and put them within striking distance too.

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:59:04 PM
Do you still see Olindo Mare in your nightmares?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
:lol

JonathanLB
Nov 6th, 2002, 04:14:48 PM
Trash talking is fun.

I do that with Juan in L.A. all of the time because I, and everyone else outside of that city, hate the Lakers.

sirdizzy
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:02:57 AM
denver may have lost the game but at least knocked miami out of the post season by slaughtering their QB their WRs and their defense

Sene Unty
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:06:58 AM
Oh yeah and that's something to be proud about......."hey look at that my safety just knocked the dolphins best reciever out of the game and possibly the season", go DENVER. that is a pretty sad thing to be happy about.

sirdizzy
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:32:34 AM
well it means the lose is meaningless since miami won't make the post season now

JMK
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:53:30 AM
Yeah, a pack of thugs. I'd love to root for a team of utter thugs.
"Uhhhh, really, I did trip on my dog. I wasn't drunk at all. Let's kill the Dolphins. Maybe if we take out all their best players we can beat them at home! Then again, maybe not."

Go Denver thugs! :rolleyes

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:09:55 PM
Miami will still make the playoffs. I wouldn't even be surprised if they still won their division. Bottom line though, the FINS won that game, not the Broncos. If the two end up competing for a WC spot then it'll be the Broncos who stay home, not the Dolphins. The first tie breaker is head to head records.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:34:17 PM
I am not a big Denver fan either, I guess that is mostly because I am a Chiefs fan, we should have won that game, but we blew it in the 4th quarter. Maybe we can return the favor that they did to us in 97 and beat them in the playoffs as a wild card :)

Morgan Evanar
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:05:22 PM
Miami is just showing that they're not a particularly deep team. They're very injured right now-- Denver beat the hell out of him. And Fiedler does seem to be a decent QB compared to the clown that Lucas is.

Miami healthy is one of the best teams in the NFL. Injured, they're middle rate.

Sene Unty
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:52:20 AM
I have always liked Fielder no matter what happened to him.....we really need him back!

jjwr
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:35:07 AM
Morgan makes a great point, when they rushed out of the gate everyone was hailing them as one of the best in the league. They've definetly been good and their fast start showed that but once Fiedler went down things really started looking grim. If you take away Williams then they'd really be in trouble.

With Free Agency I don't think there are too many teams that are overly deep, the Rams and Browns did ok with a back-up QB but the stepdown from Fiedler to Lucas was obviously too big.

JMK
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:45:59 AM
Lucas really looked like he was going to be dependable in the past couple season. I wonder what happened....

Morgan Evanar
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:58:23 PM
#4 miami has lost all faith in their team and chances at winning
Do you live here? No? STFU. We have faith in the Dolphins, but we recognize that they're injured. Its hard to win when key players are missing. Most of us are biding time until they're more healthy.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:12:21 PM
Hey, if anybody wants a near guarenteed win, come to Seattle and play the Seahawks. We built them a new stadium, and, I don't know why. They SUCK! Man, they're worse than the Bungles, er, Bengals.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:19:40 PM
Oh yes, new stadiums ALWAYS bring great success! Yay for inside political deals and wasting taxpayer dollars!

Sejah Haversh
Nov 8th, 2002, 03:18:40 PM
Ha! We didn't have to pay for it, though! Paul Allen took the bite mostly for that one!

At least it holds big arena concerts really well.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:04:58 PM
What this talk about Miami looking at Aikman? I think that would be a bad idea Aikman has been out too long and at last count had been hit in the head way too many times.

JMK
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:11:09 PM
If Aikman wasn't so old and didn't have a glass head, then I'd say go for him. But at this point I'll take my chances with Fiedler thank you. ;)

BUFFJEDI
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:50:35 PM
One word for the Fin's

M A R I N O!!!!

he still would be in the top 3 Qb's. And with big man running through the middle :eek Superbowl.
Still wish Marino would go to my Boy's:mad

Morgan Evanar
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:00:01 PM
Feidler works much better with the current offense than Marino could. Its somewhat dependant on a mobile quarterback, and Fiedler is pretty good on the move.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:05:53 PM
That's true.But it appears what the Fin's need is a good leader a vet that can stand in the pocket and take a hit (we all know Marino can :lol ) J/k.Someone with an Arm.but fiedler may turn out to be a great one.

But than agian with all his Bionic's Marino should be quick:lol

O_o It was funny in my head:huh