PDA

View Full Version : The Ability of Altering (open to any Jedi)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:15:32 PM
Kindo stepped within a vacant Academy arena, gradually walking towards the midway of the structure. He had planned to spend a few hours further developing his Force altering abilities, one of his better skills.

Through many sorts of experiences and his master Maia Tharrinn had Ki learned how to move things through the power of the Force. Everything from Sith lightsaber duels to the excellant training given by Maia, many different situations had taught him the ability. He remembered his early Padawan days, when he always tried to lift has much has his lightsaber through the Force, yet now he could lift tables, chairs, and sometimes himself. Though he was a Jedi Knight and already knew enough of the skill, there was still so much more to learn.

Kack Mebuff
Nov 6th, 2002, 01:40:39 PM
Kack wandered aimlessly around the Jedi Temple, his cloak flowing behind him. As he passed one of the training rooms he felt a familiar presence, Count Kindo.

Kack entered the room and bowed. Kack removed his hood to reveal a smile on his face.

"Good to see you again, Kindo. It's been awhile. What skills are you working on today?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:04:20 PM
" Greetings, old friend. "

Kindo greeted Kack with a customary, yet respectful bow.

" I cleared today's schedule so that I'd have a chance to work on my Force altering skills. I'm already great at it, but it never hurts to get better you know. "

Kack Mebuff
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:14:32 PM
"Can't argue with that. Perhaps we can teach each other some new tricks."

Kack smirked.

"What can you do already?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:48:42 PM
" Throw something at me, fast and hard. "

Kindo's request seemed like a joke, but the clever grin across his face confirmed his seriousness.

Kack Mebuff
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:52:18 PM
Kack smirked. "Okay."

He looked around the room and using the Force himself lifted one of the utility crates from across the room. The battered box levitated in the air then suddenly rushed toward Ki Adi, a display of his own Force abilities.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:35:19 PM
The tattered crate flew though the air; precisely aimed for Kindo's head. It seemed that has the box drew closer that it's collision with the Jedi Knight would be unavoidable, however it froze before coming in mere inches of his face. After a brief moment of silence, the motionless crate fell to the floor. Ki's arms had remained behind his back the whole time, and not once had he flinched.

" A good while ago, I would never attempt that, but through lots of hard training and personal experience, I've developed a firm trust within the living Force. "

Kack Mebuff
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:35:24 PM
Kack smiled.

"Well done, my friend. Most impressive. Perhaps you could show me how you did it? I feel that would be most helpful to me."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:52:13 PM
" While the object is heading for you, keep all of your focus upon whatever it is. Then through the power of the Force, begin to expect the object to lose it's speed. This requires a great deal of trust and confidence in the Force, something gained only through experience of course. "

Kack Mebuff
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:35:12 PM
Kack searched around the room. Finally he found something suitable. A small wrench used to open packing crates.

He looked to Kindo and handed him the tool.

"Okay, you throw this at me. I'll try to stop it."

Kindo looked at Kack confusion across his face.

"Just do it."

Kindo waited until Kack was four meters away then whipped the wrench at Kack.

Kack focused hard on the approaching tool. Using the Force he slowed it, gradually, but it wasn't stopping! Just as the wrench was centimeters away from his face Kack created a Force wall in front of himself as Master Dasquian had taught him not too long ago.

The wrench stopped suddenly and hit the floor with a clang.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 26th, 2002, 08:28:01 PM
" You created a barrier through the Force, didn't you? "

The Jedi Knight eyed Kack with a shrewd expression on his face.

Kack Mebuff
Nov 28th, 2002, 01:14:27 AM
Kack chuckled.

"Yeah. I know it's not what I was supposed to do, but it was better than getting hit with the wrench."

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 6th, 2002, 10:11:51 PM
I would like to learn some Jedi techniques

Kack Mebuff
Dec 7th, 2002, 11:18:07 AM
Kack held felt the stranger enter the room, but had no recognized his Force signature.

Kack and Ki faced the newcomer.

"Welcome I am Jedi Padawan Kack Mebuff, and you are?"

Kack extended his hand to the stranger.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 7th, 2002, 11:27:36 AM
Ki Adi glanced over his shoulder, his eyes catching one of the Order's newer recruits, Drake Lonerunner. He had met Drake at his best friend's promotion party at Yog's Bar & Grill, and had seen him around the Temple halls here and there. A friendly
smile flashed across his face as he motioned for the man to enter.

" Of course you can, come on in. "

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 9th, 2002, 02:59:21 PM
Drake also extended his arm to Kack and the turned to Kindo.

"So will you teach me?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:04:32 PM
Kindo was quick to nod in agreement.

" Indeed I will. What would you like to learn? "

He glared at the young learner, awaiting his answer.

Kack Mebuff
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:11:25 PM
"We'd be glad you help you friend. Kindo and I are both well trained in the Jedi arts."

Kack smiled warmly.

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:01:04 PM
Drake smiled back

"Well id like to learn the basics (Jump, speed, etc..)

Kack Mebuff
Dec 13th, 2002, 06:54:20 AM
Kack turned and looked at Kindo, "Do you want to explain your method or would you like me to demonstrate mine?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 15th, 2002, 07:55:56 AM
Kindo seemed puzzled by Drake's broad request.

" Have you a Master, young one? "

He began pacing about slowly, however his eyes remained on the Padawan to whom his question was directed.

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:37:38 PM
"Well...no not yet, but im not in search of 1 yet, that will come in time"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 17th, 2002, 07:38:34 PM
Kindo's expression went from a grin to a rather serious look. He stopped his walking, and without saying a word, put all his focus upon Drake. He was trying to probe his mind, to see why this one didn't seek out a Master, however he wasn't very good with reading anyone's thoughts.

It was something he had little experience with, and the idea crossed his mind that perhaps he plan some time to work on it, but he was quick to put that aside for the time being.

After a few silent moments, a faint answer became clear.

" You're waiting for a certain Padawan to become a Knight so he will train you. "

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:30:05 AM
"Yes, i'm waiting for my brother to be knighted. His training is nearly complete."

Kack Mebuff
Dec 18th, 2002, 09:34:19 AM
Kack's eyebrow raised slightly ...

"Who is your brother?"

Drake's statement had reminded Kack of his own deceased brother ... whome he couldn't help having visions about lately.

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 18th, 2002, 01:57:58 PM
Drake quickly replied

"Straffe stormrider"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 18th, 2002, 09:37:10 PM
Kindo appeared confused, but at the same time dissapointed in why the young learner, who hadn't been in the Order all that long, would want to postpone his vital training so that his half-brother could show him the ways of the Force.

Recollections came to mind of when he once found trouble in searching for right master back in his Padawan days. He understood more than most how getting a master has soon has you could was very important. Putting it aside would prove to be a mistake, and surely the concerned Knight didn't want to see Drake make it.

" Let me be honest with you. Its great that you wish to have your half-brother teach you, but throwing your training aside and waiting for someone to become a Knight will do you no good at all. It is best that you find a master and begin your training now, to make the best of your time. "

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 19th, 2002, 07:14:08 AM
Drake look also a bit confused

"I'm not put my training aside only a master. I am training now"

Kack Mebuff
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:32:48 PM
"Yes, but you cannot train properly without a proper Master to guide you through every step of your Force training."

Kack understood what Kindo had meant. It was crucial to find a Master as soon as possible.

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:37:12 PM
"Yes. i understand how important it is but....you need to find the master that suits you the best and thats why i wait.Everthing must come in time"

Drake understood what tey both meant and new that it's a crutial to finding a master yet Drkae wasn't the type to go rushing into things with his eyes closed.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 19th, 2002, 05:49:39 PM
" You must understand signifigance of our words, because many things come in time, many things are lost in time, and if you misuse what time you have now by training without the aid of a master, you are cheating yourself out of an experience hundreds of people would kill to have. "

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 19th, 2002, 09:08:40 PM
"For i am not cheating myself out of experience, i am gainning my experience now slowly. And futhermore my brother and i made a promise to eachother, which ever one of us becomes a knight fisrt will teach the other to become what he has become."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 19th, 2002, 09:33:25 PM
" And you feel your brother meets the qualifications suitable to train another? "

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 20th, 2002, 05:12:09 AM
"yes"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 20th, 2002, 02:45:08 PM
" How is that? He isn't a Knight yet, but he is just has you are, a learner, still learning the ways of the Force. He has long ways to go, and so do you. "

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 20th, 2002, 09:16:28 PM
ooc:He is being knighted in a couple of weeks

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:26:27 PM
OOC- You shouldn't rely on that. There is no certainty that he will receive the number of votes required to rise in rank.

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 30th, 2002, 08:06:57 PM
ooc- i now, but.... if i dont have a master can't the council train me or something of that sort?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 30th, 2002, 08:42:17 PM
OOC- Nope, not to my knowledge. Let's try to get back to IC stuff here. It's your post.

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 31st, 2002, 03:02:14 PM
ic:

"alright i'll try and find a master"

Kack Mebuff
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:07:48 PM
"Now that, that issue is settled, would you still like to learn some of the basics?"

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 1st, 2003, 08:18:38 PM
Drake was open to any type of learning. He was eager to learn all of the moves possible but patient enough to master them. He knew he was being kind of childish with the remark about not finding a master but for now he wished to learn anything

"I have had my eye on one of the techniques my brother uses. I dont know what it is called but he is standing in one place then appears in another. Like he is moving really fast"

O.O.C: Force Speed if you dont know what Im talking about :)